PDA

View Full Version : R8 vs ZO6

Audifan92
June 30th, 2008, 22:53
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-08/06-28-08page-Audi-R8-vs-Corvette-Z06.htm

OfftheHeZie
July 1st, 2008, 05:17
What's this video supposed to prove? That 505hp is more than 420? 470lb-ft is more than 320? 3600 lbs is more than 3100? Cow weighs more than plastic?

Sorry, just don't see the point of this comparison. R8 and Z06 are in different realms.

~Mason

RXBG
July 1st, 2008, 14:17
well i have to tell you, from personal experience it wasn't too bad. i raced a Z06 from 60 mph and he didn't start to walk me until we hit 100mph. and even then it was a slow walk. i do have a manual, mind you, and from what i can tell the r-tronic is actually a bit slower. the fact that he was faster, but i got to drive home in this machine tells you everything. that and the fact that i can make a honda civic faster than a Z06 with a few mods tells you the rest.

moving on to other things. we played chase and catch on the highway too. there were lots of long sweepers and elevation changes and he was nowhere near the comfort limit i was in. he couldn't keep up with me and i am sure that it had a lot to do with the fact that the Z06 is a real handful and at times downright scary to drive.

wedouglas
July 1st, 2008, 15:07
Those pulls are retarded. Either that Z06 is nowhere near stock, or the R8 isn't giving it gas. The R8 practically disapears.

KresoF1
July 1st, 2008, 15:48
Guys,

Am I missing something here?

Vette Z06 is way faster then R8. Period. Sorry RXBG but, we tried R8 with R Tronic against stock Z06 here(those from region will know the spot A6 between Karlovac and Bosiljevo during the night) and R8 had NO chance at all...

Difference till 270km/h were over 100m....

In straight line R8 is not any faster then BMW M3(and M-DCT equiped is faster) in straight line...

R8 is not build(just) for straight line racing... That is my personal opinion. It shines on windy road...

RXBG
July 1st, 2008, 16:16
i would agree kreso. the R8 is probably about as fast a new M3 with the DSG in a straight line. but i do have to make a clear point here that the R8 is faster with the manual than the r-tronic. i think it was a C&D or MT that tested a considerably faster 0-60 of 3.9 vs 4.4 in this respect.

in the curves (of any kind) the R8 will kill an M3 and most anything this side of (and including) a Z06 unless the driver of this car is a professional.

in the real world i see many M3s and vishnu 335i's as well as Z06's being embarrassed by R8s unless they are drag racing from a stoplight.

SultaZzio
July 1st, 2008, 20:27
Well guys let me share you some infromation about this race. I know these guys and they are brothers from my city. They already know the result b/c this ZO6 raced a modified 996 turbo and beat it and u'll see the video soon, so they knew the ZO6 will beat R8 in no time.

They just raced for fun and they say we don't buy cars just for show but for fun also.

Damienr8
July 1st, 2008, 20:36
From the one drag race I have seen, the z06 promptly dispatches the R8 in a straight line. The video above seems kinda fishy. In the race that i saw at Lime Rock in CT, the Vette never pulled on the R8 like that.

SultaZzio
July 1st, 2008, 20:50
Well i have to disagree with you, you should see how the Vette can beat cars like 997 turbo, F430 or Gallardo. Nothing is fishy in this race it's just the R8 cannot come closer to the ZO6.

RXBG
July 2nd, 2008, 00:07
well SultaZ, imo i'll just put it this way. driven all out (generally easy to do in a straight line by just about anyone) the difference between the two you posted seems a bit extraordinary. the Z06 is faster on a straight. but based upon this guy's real life experience not so dramatic.

but there could be many factors at play. the R8 in your vid did have r-tronic. maybe the guy had been driving it like mad all day and heat sink had set in. whatever.

we do appreciate the post, thouch. tell the brother that owns the R8 that we'd love to see some pics of Oman honeys posing next to the R8. we like variety around here and we'd sure like to see it!

KresoF1
July 2nd, 2008, 07:28
Well i have to disagree with you, you should see how the Vette can beat cars like 997 turbo, F430 or Gallardo. Nothing is fishy in this race it's just the R8 cannot come closer to the ZO6.

Disagree in 997 Turbo case.

Two respectable EU sportscar magazines tested both(amoung other cars as well) in 0-300km/h test and Z06 was way slower. In fact it was also slower in 0-250km/h...

German AMS test

997 Turbo(manual)

0-300km/h: 40.7s

Z07
July 2nd, 2008, 08:46
300rwhp/ton vs 200whp/ton. Forgone conclusion in a straight line.

wedouglas
July 2nd, 2008, 14:31
Yeah, the 997 Turbo is a beast of a car.

SultaZzio
July 2nd, 2008, 21:43
Disagree in 997 Turbo case.

Two respectable EU sportscar magazines tested both(amoung other cars as well) in 0-300km/h test and Z06 was way slower. In fact it was also slower in 0-250km/h...

German AMS test

997 Turbo(manual)

0-300km/h: 40.7s

Yeah i agree the numbers say 997 turbo, and also saw a drag race in Best Motoring magazine and the 997 turbo have beaten the ZO6 badly.

But what i saw infront of me and also in youtube the ZO6 is way faster than 997 turbo at least in street racings but i agree after 250km/h the ZO6 have no chance. Btw im a big fan of the 911 turbo and i also ordered Audi R8, but I have to admit the ZO6 have beaten many cars with only half of price.

SultaZzio
July 2nd, 2008, 21:46
well SultaZ, imo i'll just put it this way. driven all out (generally easy to do in a straight line by just about anyone) the difference between the two you posted seems a bit extraordinary. the Z06 is faster on a straight. but based upon this guy's real life experience not so dramatic.

but there could be many factors at play. the R8 in your vid did have r-tronic. maybe the guy had been driving it like mad all day and heat sink had set in. whatever.

we do appreciate the post, thouch. tell the brother that owns the R8 that we'd love to see some pics of Oman honeys posing next to the R8. we like variety around here and we'd sure like to see it!

Yeah maybe the R8 driver abused the car before the race who knows but still there is a difference in power :burnout:

I will tell the guy to get some pics and post it here but i need few days till i get the pics.