PDA

View Full Version : When will S5 be available with DSG box OR Tiptronic?

oilman4345
June 29th, 2008, 15:19
As per the title, is there any word from Audi when this will be an option?

rubyblack
June 29th, 2008, 16:04
As per the title, is there any word from Audi when this will be an option?

Tiptronic...right now :thumb:

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/new_cars/A5/s5/Price_and_Specifications.html

Leadfoot
June 29th, 2008, 23:24
When the S4 is to get the S/Tronic at launch near the end of the year I can't understand why Audi decided to bring out an auto in the S5, it didn't and doesn't make sense.

Well not to me.

M3 owner
June 30th, 2008, 04:06
In some countries, there is no longer a market 4 a manual gearbox. Go 2 any European car dealership in Aus & u will find that everything is auto.
This trend is spreading worldwide, a few more years & the only place u will c a manual gearbox is in a Museum.

selman
June 30th, 2008, 09:25
In some countries, there is no longer a market 4 a manual gearbox. Go 2 any European car dealership in Aus & u will find that everything is auto.
This trend is spreading worldwide, a few more years & the only place u will c a manual gearbox is in a Museum.

but because of increasing petrol prices people started to prefer manual gearbox in germany. This is what I heard from my audi dealer.

Leadfoot
June 30th, 2008, 22:44

but because of increasing petrol prices people started to prefer manual gearbox in germany. This is what I heard from my audi dealer.

This is the reason why I am surprised Audi didn't side step the normal automatic altogether and just fit the S/Tronic. I can't understand the logic in it all. :vhmmm:

BojanRS4
July 18th, 2008, 15:27
Tiptronic is out now, R-tronic is put in 10 cars and being tested as we speak:)

AndyBG
July 18th, 2008, 15:45
Tiptronic is out now, R-tronic is put in 10 cars and being tested as we speak:)

You mean, S-tronic is put in ten cars...

I read that some where also, but, as far as S5 have 4.2 engine, transmission will remain the same, Tiptronic.

Leadfoot
July 18th, 2008, 15:49
I was informed that Audi can't build enough cars PERIOD. The Q5 is delayed according to my dealer and he believes the S4 will also be delayed until Jan '09.

The R/Tronic will make it into the S5, along with the rest of the A4 and A5 models but in the S5 Audi seem to have taken a step away from the usual standing for this type of car and are themselves classing it more as a GT and less a true sports coupe. That is the reason for the engine split between S4 and S5 (3.0SC vs 4.2v8) and the gearbox split (7sp DSG vs Automatic).

I wonder are Audi waiting for Torque Vectoring to be introduced before changing the status of the S5?

AndyBG
July 18th, 2008, 15:55
Exact thing I read... S5 has position in so called ''GT'' segment, and S5 buyers don't demand something fast as S-tronic, Tiptronic is just enough for them...