PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Tire Options

nene
July 17th, 2003, 04:12
So today I finally signed all paperwork, and I'll pick up the car tomorrow. While I was checking the two RS6s in the lot, I realized one thing. Upon close inspection, I confirmed it, and I believe my suspicion to be correct.

My car has P-Zero tires. I ordered the CF trim as well as sport exhaust.

The other RS6 next to mine had Dunlop tires. This RS6 had regular exhaust, and wood trim.

Do you guys think that the tire choice for the car had something to do with either of the options we chose?

FitzRS6
July 17th, 2003, 04:29
I chose the wood trim and regular exhaust and got the P Zero....maybe its just luck of the draw? The only option I took was the rear side impact airbag.

dabull
July 17th, 2003, 13:16
I ordered daytonal gray and sport exhaust and got Dunlops. :addict: :addict:

nene
July 17th, 2003, 13:25
That kills my conspiracy theory!!!

Benman
July 17th, 2003, 20:07
hello nene,

hate to kill the conspiracy theory but the real answer is that they have 3 different tire brands to choose from at the Neckarsulm plant (Dunlop, Contis, and P Zero). they don't have any specific order that they pick from, they just grab the next set on the pile. (i say this because i specifically asked).

when i was talking about the tires i asked for the P Zeros to be put on my car as my preference. Anette included in my email that P Zeros are in fact on my car! and it's on it's way! (1 more month!)

Ben:addict:

nene
July 17th, 2003, 20:52
At least someone has spoken the truth. Thanks for the input. My quick observation and poor sampling size clearly led me down the wrong path.

Erik
July 19th, 2003, 14:07
I consider P Zeros to be the best.

Benman
July 21st, 2003, 15:23
Originally posted by Erik
I consider P Zeros to be the best.

that's why i asked Anette to make sure i had them:cheers:

Ben:addict:

RS6FEVR
July 21st, 2003, 16:19
:cheers: Nene
I will be interested in seeing what tires come on the car. It is my plan to use Conti's in the summer and probably blizzak's during the winter. (I did splurge and purchase a set of Oettinger RZ's for the RS6 nice weather driving with the Conti's and will then put the blizzak's on the regualr rims) :eek:

I purchased a set of P Zero's for my S500 and was terribly disappointed. I liked the first 3500 miles or so, but the car then developed a shimmy at 75 to 85 mph that was not alignment related and ultimately proven to be tire related (a new set of goodyears have given me a great, wobble free, and smooth ride). The tread on the zero's was shot at 11,000 miles. Now granted, I'm not opposed to having a performance tire last 11 - 15k, but don't have them start to degrade in performance at 1/3 of their life! I loved the look of the tire, but not the performance. Bad part was this condition started on one of my drives from Chicago to Tucson and it drove me nuts in the prime cruising mph. The just tires in my area who did the purchase and install also does my Vette and I have great confidence in their abilities to both balance and mount tires. As my service advisor at MB said, the P Zero is the only tire that loses tread when the car is parked! :mouthshut :mouthshut

Just another opinion and experience. I know there's plenty of good experiences with the tire for what it is.

:addict: FEVR :addict: