PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Options

jengleco
June 27th, 2008, 16:02
I have a car on order, and one of the options was upgraded wheel. Does anyone have pictures of the standard wheel and the upgarded wheel. Thanks in advance for the help.

wedouglas
June 27th, 2008, 16:34
What country are you in?

In the US, there was only the 10 spoke and it was standard. In EU, however, I've seen the 6 spoke ones, and I think they are hideous.

If you are in the US and they are offering you upgrade ones, they may be the new titanium ones, though I can't be for certain.

jengleco
June 27th, 2008, 16:51
The options that I was offered are some that are not on the USA site...I am in California. For example carbon baldes, interior, and engine bay. Also, the wheels. I heard that it was a wider tire, but the option is written as the following:
19" 5 arm double spoke with performance tires

The Pretender
June 27th, 2008, 17:33
You have two types of wheels for the R8 18" and 19" and in 3 or 4 colors.
Beside that there are smaller winter version's of both the version's.

For the new R8 V10 there will be a new 19" wheel design.

Jarod.

jengleco
June 27th, 2008, 17:38
is the 18" and 19" look the same?

KresoF1
June 27th, 2008, 17:43
is the 18" and 19" look the same?

NO.

Since you are in USA 19" wheels(five double spoke design, code PRJ) are standard.

Options are:

19" Polished finish wheels(rears are 305/30-19) code PQ7

and

19" Titanium finish wheels(rears are 305/30-19) code PQK

Not sure if PQK is currently available for USA...

Basic design of all current 19" wheels for R8 is the same. In some EU markets(read most) standard are six spoke 18"(but, they are nothing special).

RXBG
June 27th, 2008, 19:30
mr bo jangle-

the options offered to you are correct. CF engine, blades, and interior are now available for the USA. the wheel option you were told about is also correct. the optional wheel is EXACTLY the same as the std wheel except that it is polished to be a bit more shiny. that is all. it also comes with a "slightly" wider tire than the standard one. i suspect all rear tires will be slightly wider eventually and that this is a running change beginning with the optional wheel you have been offered.

no 18 inch wheel option exists for the USA because no one wants it.

welcome to the most well informed, first to know, nucleus of audi information on the internet.

rxbg