PDA

View Full Version : Lidatek Laser Jammer Update

Finnus
July 17th, 2003, 03:33
I spoke with a rep this week at Lidatek about the LE20 jammer. I asked:

1) Is the LE20 upgradable as technology advances? His answer was no, but the LE30, due out in late August will be (at about the same price as the LE 20).

2) If I bought the LE20 now, would they give a credit on the LE30 later? The answer was yes, but only 50% of the purchase price. IMHO hardly worth it for 1 1/2 months of protection.

(I may order and install the LE20 in The Beast. When the LE30 is available, I'll install it in the RS6 then move the LE20 to my S4.)

Does anyone know if the other jammers are upgradable?

Thanks for your feedback.

Finnus:cheers: :MTM: :cheers:

:addict: :trans: :addict: :trans: :addict:

JP4
July 17th, 2003, 03:42
Finnus...did the guy give you any info on the differences between the LE20 & LE30 besides the 30 being upgradable?

Finnus
July 17th, 2003, 03:48
JP,

I didn't think to ask. I assume its the ongoing cat & mouse game ... If I order the LE20, I'll ask what the differences are.

Finnus

JP4
July 17th, 2003, 03:51
Roger that...:0:
BTW- I just hit Milestone 4 yesterday. Close but no cigar yet!

eph94
July 17th, 2003, 13:50
Originally posted by JP4
Roger that...:0:
BTW- I just hit Milestone 4 yesterday. Close but no cigar yet!

If I didn't see you guys moving up your Milestones I would have assumed the tracking site was broken. Alas, I am still in pre-production. If it is 2 1/2 months or so from Milestone 1 to delivery, then I'm looking at October at the earliest!! It kills me knowing that there are unspoken for cars at MSRP around the country, yet I must wait my turn. I almost wish I DIDN'T place an order so I could just buy one of those available cars!!:hmm:

JP4
July 17th, 2003, 13:58
Originally posted by JJV-MA
If I didn't see you guys moving up your Milestones I would have assumed the tracking site was broken. Alas, I am still in pre-production. If it is 2 1/2 months or so from Milestone 1 to delivery, then I'm looking at October at the earliest!! It kills me knowing that there are unspoken for cars at MSRP around the country, yet I must wait my turn. I almost wish I DIDN'T place an order so I could just buy one of those available cars!!:hmm:

I certainly feel your pain. What is the possibility of canceling your order and buying one of the available cars? I guess it's just a matter of how badly you want the car right away as you would probably loose your deposit and end up with a car not EXACTLY the way you ordered it originally. Then again...since there aren't many options for this country to begin with, an available car may indeed be EXACTLY the way you ordered it originally.

Just thinking out loud! :hmm: Hope it helps and hope you're happy with your ultimate decision.

JP4 :addict:

Finnus
July 17th, 2003, 14:08
JJV,

Are there cars here in the US that are unspoken for? If yes, why don't you see if your dealer can trade your car for one of the cars that's available now?

Your dealer has a ready, willing and able buyer (you). You know what they say: A bird in hand ... Maybe they can work out some sort of deal.

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

eph94
July 17th, 2003, 14:10
Originally posted by JP4
What is the possibility of canceling your order and buying one of the available cars?

I suppose that is a possibility but I wonder if that is ethically the "right" thing to do. I would then be taking away the commission from the dealer who has treated me well and helped me all along the process at this point. If that is the case, then I would rather wait. Do I have misplaced loyalty here? By the way, they didn't require me to put down a deposit either.

eph94
July 17th, 2003, 15:09
Originally posted by Finnus
JJV,

Are there cars here in the US that are unspoken for? If yes, why don't you see if your dealer can trade your car for one of the cars that's available now?

Your dealer has a ready, willing and able buyer (you). You know what they say: A bird in hand ... Maybe they can work out some sort of deal.

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

Great idea. I will definitely inquire!

nene
July 17th, 2003, 18:49
Hey JJV... most likely even if you wait for your order to be processed, you will still pay MSRP.
If there are unspoken cars for in the USA, I think it might be due to some of the deals falling through. I know my dealer thought that one of his sold cars would become available because of financial issues.

The dealer also told me they had a list of about 5 people that were interested in buying the car, if one became available. If cars are available throughout the USA, why don't they know about it? Maybe some dealerships aren't sharing the info, and end up trying to sell the car locally anyway.

Hopefully one of them will end up as a loaner for RS6 buyers...most likely not!!!

eph94
July 17th, 2003, 20:12
Got a reply from my sales rep and he said that he doesn't think another dealer would do that swap. End of story. He also referenced a guy on eBay asking $30K for his production slot. (snicker) :cheers: Oh well. Good things come to those who wait. Patience is a virtue. Etc. etc.

GoFastKindaGuy
July 17th, 2003, 20:40
My dealer salesperson said the "instantly available" cars are usually over MSRP. To gouge or not to gouge is each dealer's decision.

Loyalty is a two way street. My local dealer wouldn't pay the price to be RS6 certified -- a business decision -- but referred me to several others who were likely to do so. Maybe yours would trade out willingly and the other dealer would too, so he doesn't sit on expensive inventory. Doesn't hurt to ask.

:D

JP4
July 18th, 2003, 03:16
Originally posted by JJV-MA
Great idea. I will definitely inquire!

I agree! I think Finnus's idea is a very good way to approach it.
Good luck. Let us know what your dealer says.

eph94
July 18th, 2003, 03:26
Originally posted by JP4
I agree! I think Finnus's idea is a very good way to approach it.
Good luck. Let us know what your dealer says.

As I posted earlier, they shut me down without even inquiring around, saying they don't "think" another dealer would like to do a swap.

Bauer
July 18th, 2003, 07:46
I am in the same boat....my car has been stuck in planning for a month and a half and my dealer says oct, nov for delivery. I am in CA and my deposit is fully refundable if any one knows of a ebony with black interior, sport exhaust, nav, side rear airbags please let me know I may take it. As for the dealer that is selling me the car....their performance has been very substandard and I do not feel very commited to them.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 Planning:eye: