PDA

View Full Version : RS4 V8 vs 997 2S video

KK265
June 23rd, 2008, 08:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m70pjW_hbDo&e
P.S My personal eperience twice is different..

Leadfoot
June 23rd, 2008, 13:38
All things considered I thought the RS4 put up a good fight, the C2s is not a slow car and it's a lot lighter and more aerodynamic.

Do you know how it compared to the M3?

Rage
June 23rd, 2008, 14:26
All things considered I thought the RS4 put up a good fight, the C2s is not a slow car and it's a lot lighter and more aerodynamic.

Do you know how it compared to the M3?

I think the e92 M3 trounced the C2S (Mk1 anyway).

KK265
June 23rd, 2008, 20:58
I think the e92 M3 trounced the C2S (Mk1 anyway).

I do not believe M5 board events.How do you explain this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y48Yu00v72o&eurl
All in this forum remember what happened in the airfield event between M3 E 92 and RS4 .Personally I never lost a race from a 997 carrera S.

ringtaxi
June 23rd, 2008, 22:47
Having been on several boards as some of you GT Board and M5 Boards have the same reputation as a 50 Cent hooker in Thailand (no offense to anyone). Their inbred thinking has everything working to show Audi is the slowest brand on the planet. In addition Mr Gustav (one of the biggest liars and idiots) I have come across will defend the completely made up videos to no end, and will kick you off the board if you point him towards the light. Every BMW model they put on video kicks every car in the world including some very fast cars. Taking into consideration high number of variables in any race anywhere in the world, I personally believe that most races are won by drivers and not just the car, though it helps to have at least 650++ HP just to be sure!

M3 owner
June 24th, 2008, 00:34
Having been on several boards as some of you GT Board and M5 Boards have the same reputation as a 50 Cent hooker in Thailand (no offense to anyone).
:lovl:

I don’t know any of the M5/GT Board guys personally but I too have noted that in their personal videos/reviews no car is ever faster than a BMW.I often wonder just how valid their comparisons really are.
The comments & opinions expressed by people in this forum a far more balanced & fair then in any other car forum I have visited.There also seems to be far more credible inside info posted here than anywhere else.

There have been several street races posted on the web showing the RS4 spanking the C2. Allot of motoring journalists have labelled the RS4 as a “Porsche Killer” Apples & Oranges. I know we read this every time but it is the simple truth.

The face lifted 997 is an absolute weapon, I cannot wait to see if the face lifted Turbo will crush the GTR.

AuditudeA642
June 24th, 2008, 03:14
First of all the guy in the RS4 is an idiot. He has no clue how to drive the car, and is probably a BMW guy. In real life racing i have seen RS4's keep up with Gallardo under 100mph and beat some M5's in those speeds as well. I have personally beat an M5, E63 and F430 at the 1/4 Mile in NJ. Its all the driver!

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 07:57
I doubt the RS4 will stand much of a chance against any of the above cars after the 1/4mile, that is where real power and better aerodynamics come into play and if you have both with the case of the F430 then it will be see you later pal.

KK265
June 24th, 2008, 09:28
I doubt the RS4 will stand much of a chance against any of the above cars after the 1/4mile, that is where real power and better aerodynamics come into play and if you have both with the case of the F430 then it will be see you later pal.
I agree but i wanted a comment on this please....

Der Major
June 24th, 2008, 09:40
I do not believe these GT/M5 Board events either. Pure commercial nothing else. Why the hell the donīt do races from standstill?? Always rolling start crap.

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 12:00
I agree but i wanted a comment on this please....

Both took off at exactly the same time so no one could say the RS4 got the jump or say awd had the advantage. I have never got it drive a new M3 in anger so can't really tell you whether it should be much if any quicker than an RS4.

If you listen to some people rwd saps less power but there is enough video and written evidence to say that PTW is the only thing that matters and in the case of the M3 and RS4 both weigh about the same and have the same power so their PTW is again the same. The same is true for the RS4 vs CSL but in the M5Board events the Beemer always seems to hold an advantage for one reason or another.

Gustav
June 24th, 2008, 13:21
You do not beleive it becuase the RS4 lost?

I do not believe M5 board events.How do you explain this:
All in this forum remember what happened in the airfield event between M3 E 92 and RS4 .Personally I never lost a race from a 997 carrera S.

Gustav
June 24th, 2008, 13:23
LOL; thanks for the warm comments :jlol:

I cna give you several examples where BMW lost but I dont think your comments are worth that actually.

Having been on several boards as some of you GT Board and M5 Boards have the same reputation as a 50 Cent hooker in Thailand (no offense to anyone). Their inbred thinking has everything working to show Audi is the slowest brand on the planet. In addition Mr Gustav (one of the biggest liars and idiots) I have come across will defend the completely made up videos to no end, and will kick you off the board if you point him towards the light. Every BMW model they put on video kicks every car in the world including some very fast cars. Taking into consideration high number of variables in any race anywhere in the world, I personally believe that most races are won by drivers and not just the car, though it helps to have at least 650++ HP just to be sure!

Gustav
June 24th, 2008, 13:25
So what is this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=erd9pZMbigI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=02btTj97m0Y

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dTS50pbbEiU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QmIkQnTzwec

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D0VDeP9WVUs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-mnNIcxFjW4

:lovl:

I don’t know any of the M5/GT Board guys personally but I too have noted that in their personal videos/reviews no car is ever faster than a BMW.I often wonder just how valid their comparisons really are.
The comments & opinions expressed by people in this forum a far more balanced & fair then in any other car forum I have visited.There also seems to be far more credible inside info posted here than anywhere else.

There have been several street races posted on the web showing the RS4 spanking the C2. Allot of motoring journalists have labelled the RS4 as a “Porsche Killer” Apples & Oranges. I know we read this every time but it is the simple truth.

The face lifted 997 is an absolute weapon, I cannot wait to see if the face lifted Turbo will crush the GTR.

Gustav
June 24th, 2008, 13:26
This is ABIOVE THE QUARTER MILE. To 170 mph :race: So you cannot compare that wit ha rolling star tat high speeds, where 4WD is eating up the pwoer.

First of all the guy in the RS4 is an idiot. He has no clue how to drive the car, and is probably a BMW guy. In real life racing i have seen RS4's keep up with Gallardo under 100mph and beat some M5's in those speeds as well. I have personally beat an M5, E63 and F430 at the 1/4 Mile in NJ. Its all the driver!

Gustav
June 24th, 2008, 13:27
+1 :0:

KK265
June 24th, 2008, 13:28
You do not beleive it becuase the RS4 lost?
Yes!Because my stock car never lost by 997 2s and if I stayed close to you I could prove it.

Gustav
June 24th, 2008, 13:28
We also do standign starts. For example we raced the 599 vs CLK63 AMG and the CLK63 lost due to a bad start from the 599. What is fun with that race / comparrosn? :vhmmm:

I do not believe these GT/M5 Board events either. Pure commercial nothing else. Why the hell the donīt do races from standstill?? Always rolling start crap.

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 13:38
We all know that BMW's have a problem getting the power to the ground. I have owned a few and know this from experience, what your rolling starts do is hand the advantage over to the Beemer and any other rwd car.

It has nothing to do with clutch wear or the skill levels and everything to do with showing BMWs in the best light possible.

itisme
June 24th, 2008, 13:40
worthless who won, the RS4 is the car with more faszination. What does a 997 offer to dream of? RS4 has the sound, the look, the power... 997 C is just way too common!

Der Major
June 24th, 2008, 15:44
We also do standign starts. For example we raced the 599 vs CLK63 AMG and the CLK63 lost due to a bad start from the 599. What is fun with that race / comparrosn? :vhmmm:

It would be fair and not, like Leadie already said, hand the advantage over to the BMW and other RWD cars. So simple is that but my guess is that you already know how good the Rs4 and other Audis take off from standstill and you donīt quite like it and thatīs why you donīt do these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEUSNY2NQZw

ringtaxi
June 24th, 2008, 20:55
LOL; thanks for the warm comments :jlol:

I cna give you several examples where BMW lost but I dont think your comments are worth that actually.

As I stated earlier, once an Idiot, continues to prove himself as one.

maybachgt
June 24th, 2008, 21:34

Well the fun in that would be showing the RS4 is consistently able to run the same no matter the conditions. Wheres the fun in having a street car that only can run perfectly when the moon and stars are aligned properly. Street cars are about driveability and practicality.

ringtaxi
June 24th, 2008, 21:58
Wheres the fun in having a street car that only can run perfectly when the moon and stars are aligned properly. .

LOLOLOLOLOL
That's fur-nee I don't care who yer
:applause:
Completely agree

audi_ch
June 25th, 2008, 08:52
cant understand this unfriendly words against m5 board.

1. why you not do rs6 boards race to proof the oposit
2. why if rs4 looses, suddenly something is not correct
3. it think they do a great job over there, in my view this are one of the best comparing vids to prof witch car is capable of doing what againts an other car.

4. yes bmw looses as well, vs 911 turbo (997), vs z07, vs ferrari 430, etc.
and no one over there says it was not correct.
5. yes in fact audi rs4 lose quit often, but the other cars are just faster, so what

it is every ones free choice to get a brand or the other.
If someone gets an rs4, he could have got as well an m3, same prices, but different cars.

Witch rs4 b7 owners those really care if the new m3 is slightly faster, i guess not many

Respect other works, and other brands

audi_ch
June 25th, 2008, 08:55
It would be fair and not, like Leadie already said, hand the advantage over to the BMW and other RWD cars. So simple is that but my guess is that you already know how good the Rs4 and other Audis take off from standstill and you donīt quite like it and thatīs why you donīt do these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEUSNY2NQZw

you live in germany, so i guess you go always on your bab (bundesautobahn), brake to zero and accelarete to your vmax.

common that is not the real word, mostly if you run some body on your motorways, it is from 100 up to max. and not from a stand.

So i think this races on m5 board suits more to the daily battle on german motorways, than from a stand

Rage
June 25th, 2008, 09:29
worthless who won, the RS4 is the car with more faszination. What does a 997 offer to dream of? RS4 has the sound, the look, the power... 997 C is just way too common!

Have you ever driven a Carrera?

Gustav
June 25th, 2008, 10:34
Thank you :)

cant understand this unfriendly words against m5 board.

1. why you not do rs6 boards race to proof the oposit
2. why if rs4 looses, suddenly something is not correct
3. it think they do a great job over there, in my view this are one of the best comparing vids to prof witch car is capable of doing what againts an other car.

4. yes bmw looses as well, vs 911 turbo (997), vs z07, vs ferrari 430, etc.
and no one over there says it was not correct.
5. yes in fact audi rs4 lose quit often, but the other cars are just faster, so what

it is every ones free choice to get a brand or the other.
If someone gets an rs4, he could have got as well an m3, same prices, but different cars.

Witch rs4 b7 owners those really care if the new m3 is slightly faster, i guess not many

Respect other works, and other brands

Gustav
June 25th, 2008, 10:34
Exactly :alig:

you live in germany, so i guess you go always on your bab (bundesautobahn), brake to zero and accelarete to your vmax.

common that is not the real word, mostly if you run some body on your motorways, it is from 100 up to max. and not from a stand.

So i think this races on m5 board suits more to the daily battle on german motorways, than from a stand

Der Major
June 25th, 2008, 13:15

So then 1/4 mile races are outdated since the donīt do rolling starts? Why are 1/4 races done then? or (ampelrennen / traffic light races?!) same thing. 2 cars against each other. Pure power and driving skill (including the start from standstill). IMO the standstill thing is quite more "real world" than the rolling crap.

everyone with a license can do rolling starts but a better, thrilling challenge is from standstill IMO proofes not only a big right foot but also feeling in the left one.

Erik
June 25th, 2008, 13:23
I have been attending most of the GTBoard.com event and have summoned a lot of these cars.

In fact, my target has always been to get as many fast cars as possible to beat the M5s etc. :D

If you have any questions I will try to answer them.

Leadfoot
June 25th, 2008, 13:38

While accelerating to the max might be valid in Germany, most of the rest of Europe and the world in fact carry speed limits, so a standing start race is the more valid as this requires more skill and keeps speed to a more modest level.

Gustav you can deny that a rolling start gives the advantage to the rwd but the truth is the opposite to that opinion, most rwd cars have a difficult time getting off the line and BMWs especially so, that 50/50 weight thing or some other reason but fact remains that without the aid of LC or some other form of traction control the average BMW owner will get whipped good.

Which comes back to the reason why you chose the rolling start, it's a BMW fan website that does the event and they are after all going to give as much an advantage to their beloved brand as possible.

Next, the video evidence in the M5Board events, why are their evidence any more valid than other Youtube videos we see. Which brings us back to an M3 vs RS4 race, one from the M5Board and the other by KK265

One shows the M3 walking into the distance with a rolling start and the other shows both cars equal.

The question is, which do you believe to be true.

Erik
June 25th, 2008, 13:50
Which comes back to the reason why you chose the rolling start, it's a BMW fan website that does the event and they are after all going to give as much an advantage to their beloved brand as possible.

There is another point, and that's that a lot of these people don't want to do repeated starts from standing still. In fact, a lot of people refuse to do it.

And it seems hard enough to get even semi-experienced drives to get clean runs with rolling starts, without mishaps in gear changes etc.

Press cars are different... :stick: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :trash:

audi_ch
June 25th, 2008, 13:57
i have an other point of view.

How many times rs or m owners putt full throttle from a standing start to the next stop light, and again full trhottle on and on.

i guess not 1 percent, expect a few freaks among use who do quartier miles and stuff like that.

But this is the minority, aswell the minority who is represented on one of this boards, rs6 or m5board.

And the others maybe once in a while.

Why do you think many of the m5 owners never ever used their lunch control, becaus there is absolutly now sence to use it. just to destroy our tires. But ask tose people how many time they putt full trottle just for fun wen entering in a motorway.

Go on the rs-quattro.de board and ask how many people to regularly standing starts. Fist question is why do you want to ruin your car, but you will hear from most of them to push it when allready cruising or rolling

But what you think who many with those cars will put on the motorways, not only germany, maybee out from 60 or 80 kmh full trhottle up to 150 kmh, jufst for having fun..

mutch more then the ones who doing standing start races.

So maybee we can say standing starts for freaks, and rolling with partially full thruttle for the daily dirver not representing on those boards.

And again, if we doubt so mutch to the m5board races, lets do the rs6.com races..

Leadfoot
June 25th, 2008, 15:46
Fair points all of them from both Erik and audi.ch, but in the US at least there seems to be an under ground trend of both M and other brand owners which take their cars to the drag strip to do this very thing.

I think the real discussion here is whether M5board videos are any more valid then other Youtube or the like videos and on that I say they hold not more credibility.

The only thing I agree with is proper professional testing that magazines do and on this the difference between both/all brands in their respective sectors are usually quite small.

Are we in agreement that the RS6 is quicker than the M5 Estate up to 200km/h and the M3 for the most part is a little quicker than the RS4 to 150mph.....the answer is YES, but would I agree that what is evident in the video that an M3 walks away from the RS4 as shown in the M5board video to be normal then I would have to say NO. There is too much evidence in other videos and magazine tests to say the opposite and show both are pretty even in terms of performance.

My underlining belief is that anyone who shows up at these events have the belief that their car is quicker than any other and I reckon that the amount of them which are stock as from the factory are quite small.

ringtaxi
June 26th, 2008, 01:37
[QUOTE=

Respect other works, and other brands[/QUOTE]
The fact that you are ignorant of the very fact that I was trying to prove is unsettling. I dont dis-respect anyone. I fail to understand that why anyone would go out of their way to keep pushing one brand while trying their best to falsify information about everyone else. I have loved BMW's since I came to my senses, and have owned some of their best. But while most street races are over before the 100 mph mark, what a V10 can do at its highest RPM really matters little in the real world. And all races are for that moment only. Have you ever seen anyone being able to duplicate a race every perfectly? Respect the heart and hard work people put into building these machines and the few who can afford to afford them and take them to a higher level. A race is only won for that moment only. Like Duran Duran said "Cause nobody knows, what's gonna happen tommorow"

itisme
July 1st, 2008, 13:15
Have you ever driven a Carrera?

I wasn't talking about the driving pleasure.... It sure has a lot of it... but here in germany in the huge cities too many houswifes and overdressed/pimped women (don't know to explain better) are driving a stock carrera.. the Fascination of Porsche starts with the Turbo, GT3, and so on... but a carrera has no flair... The RS4 is in this case for me the more fascinating car. You can think about it what you want, that's my opinion... even if the carrera is the better performing car... the same goes with the M3.. a great looking and performing car, but the guys i see driving it are mostly slimy and potential owners of a brothel... I know these are prejudices, but they are fullfilled most of the time

Rage
July 1st, 2008, 13:37
I wasn't talking about the driving pleasure.... It sure has a lot of it... but here in germany in the huge cities too many houswifes and overdressed/pimped women (don't know to explain better) are driving a stock carrera.. the Fascination of Porsche starts with the Turbo, GT3, and so on... but a carrera has no flair... The RS4 is in this case for me the more fascinating car. You can think about it what you want, that's my opinion... even if the carrera is the better performing car... the same goes with the M3.. a great looking and performing car, but the guys i see driving it are mostly slimy and potential owners of a brothel... I know these are prejudices, but they are fullfilled most of the time

I understand what you mean. The porsche cliches apply worldwide. But you have to ask yourself why?....They make fantastic cars. They gain a reputable image -> people buy into the image and not the car -> they tarnish the cars image. Sad but true (and very profitable for porsche)

Personally I would prefer a Cayman or a GT3 for pure driving pleasure but none of the points you raise have anything to do with driving and everything to do with image.

If you watch Top Gear...Jeremy Clarkson moved the M3 from Uncool to Cool on the 'Cool wall' precisely because all those M3 badge whores have moved to the audi RS4/R8 and the RS4 was moved to the uncool section....anecdotal i know, but if your fascination stems from image only you may soon realise that those people who drive carreras are all soon driving RS4/TTRs and R8s.

itisme
July 1st, 2008, 15:18
I understand what you mean. The porsche cliches apply worldwide. But you have to ask yourself why?....They make fantastic cars. They gain a reputable image -> people buy into the image and not the car -> they tarnish the cars image. Sad but true (and very profitable for porsche)

Personally I would prefer a Cayman or a GT3 for pure driving pleasure but none of the points you raise have anything to do with driving and everything to do with image.

If you watch Top Gear...Jeremy Clarkson moved the M3 from Uncool to Cool on the 'Cool wall' precisely because all those M3 badge whores have moved to the audi RS4/R8 and the RS4 was moved to the uncool section....anecdotal i know, but if your fascination stems from image only you may soon realise that those people who drive carreras are all soon driving RS4/TTRs and R8s.

very well said and so true... performance wise I think they are each on their own very good cars and all worth of their existence. I don't car if one is some sec. faster in straigt acceleration and the other one in cornering and the next one in wet condition... If I pay that amount of money for one of them, image is the big deal. Performance is perfekt on each of them. So the image is the thing to look after for me, because I do somehow identify myself with the car I drive. And that is what every enthusiast does, I think... even a Mitsubishi Evo XX driver drives his car out of conviction, and this is the big reason why discussions like that will always be with that much of emotion in it and everyone is convicted with his own passion for his brand/car and won't admit easily that anotherone is better than his...

bobey
July 1st, 2008, 20:09
Seriously people why all the hate and conspiracy about m5board. I have been to Gustavs 2nd event. Although I don't really know him that well he is cetainly a normal guy and not the devil like some of you seem to think (have you ever even met him in person).

At the event I raced several BMW's. I raced gustavs m5 and I think I won by a bit however I lost two attempts against the M3 CSL even though my shifting was near perfect and I know that the second race was pretty even start. I would like to race the M3 CSL from 0-max but unfortunatly I don't know any M3 CSL owners willing to do so or any M3 E92 owners either (in Latvia or Sweden).

I certainly am not biased towards BMW (if in doubt read my lips... no sorry plates) but I have to admit the BMW's are tough cars to beat. Would I want one... hell no, but that's just me. Also like many people have pointed out rolling starts are not to Audis advantage. Also there is one thing that kinda gets at me and that is that I never tried the rolling start from first gear. I think that might just have been enough to beat the CSL or at least tie.

Anyhow my next car might not be an Audi. I am going to test drive the RS6 next week and then I have some tough decision to make. Wait for R8 V10 or GTR VSPEC or go for the RS6 now. I like the RS6 but for me it's kinda like a grandad car :-). Also I have the option of getting rid of the RS4 and going for a gallardo or something but with my fiancee talking about having babies every other day that seems like a hard sell unless there is a baby seat option and I go for pink ;-). And seriously what plates would I have on a gallardo!? Ferrari H8R is too long...

So far I haven't lost many races on the roads and I've raced quite a few cars that should whip mine. However did loose to a tuned RS4 B5 which kinda hurt, but more due to the fact that I didn't feel comfortable going 220Km/h + on public roads with modest traffic :-(. However a week later I won over a M3 E92 so it made me feel better :-).

The RS4 is a great car but still I haven't seen any facts I trust 100% which is best M3 E92 or RS4. I'll know that once I get to race an M3 for real. From 0-??? and also rolling starts. Then at least I'll know which is better for ME. Both cars are enginerring masterpieces.

Just my two centims.

// jpb

KK265
July 1st, 2008, 20:51
Seriously people why all the hate and conspiracy about m5board. I have been to Gustavs 2nd event. Although I don't really know him that well he is cetainly a normal guy and not the devil like some of you seem to think (have you ever even met him in person).

At the event I raced several BMW's. I raced gustavs m5 and I think I won by a bit however I lost two attempts against the M3 CSL even though my shifting was near perfect and I know that the second race was pretty even start. I would like to race the M3 CSL from 0-max but unfortunatly I don't know any M3 CSL owners willing to do so or any M3 E92 owners either (in Latvia or Sweden).

I certainly am not biased towards BMW (if in doubt read my lips... no sorry plates) but I have to admit the BMW's are tough cars to beat. Would I want one... hell no, but that's just me. Also like many people have pointed out rolling starts are not to Audis advantage. Also there is one thing that kinda gets at me and that is that I never tried the rolling start from first gear. I think that might just have been enough to beat the CSL or at least tie.

Anyhow my next car might not be an Audi. I am going to test drive the RS6 next week and then I have some tough decision to make. Wait for R8 V10 or GTR VSPEC or go for the RS6 now. I like the RS6 but for me it's kinda like a grandad car :-). Also I have the option of getting rid of the RS4 and going for a gallardo or something but with my fiancee talking about having babies every other day that seems like a hard sell unless there is a baby seat option and I go for pink ;-). And seriously what plates would I have on a gallardo!? Ferrari H8R is too long...

So far I haven't lost many races on the roads and I've raced quite a few cars that should whip mine. However did loose to a tuned RS4 B5 which kinda hurt, but more due to the fact that I didn't feel comfortable going 220Km/h + on public roads with modest traffic :-(. However a week later I won over a M3 E92 so it made me feel better :-).

The RS4 is a great car but still I haven't seen any facts I trust 100% which is best M3 E92 or RS4. I'll know that once I get to race an M3 for real. From 0-??? and also rolling starts. Then at least I'll know which is better for ME. Both cars are enginerring masterpieces.

Just my two centims.

// jpb
Is there a video between you and Gustav's M5?

mbolo
July 1st, 2008, 21:23

I've personally raced Gustavs M5 at one of his events. The M5 beat the RS4, there's no doubt about this and I think the run was fair. I didn't run my car as agressive as he did and in the heat of the moment I forgot to switch off both air con and traction control. This would aboviously have made a difference.

Nonetheless, the two cars should be very close performance-wise all factors same.

In general, I too have seen a lot of biased comments on the m5board, but this goes both ways and conspiracy theories are tiring and speculative at best. For good comparisons one should obviously always stick to professional tests. For entertainment though - I think any m5event or other youtube video ticks the box.

bobey
July 2nd, 2008, 05:02

Yes there should be as Gustav filmed it (or rather it was filmed from his car). However I asked him about this twice but he said he couldn't find it. As it really wasn't a big deal for me I kinda forgot. So eiher it never was filmed (maybe forgot to press record or something :-) ) or the clip is somewhere on one of his tapes and considering how much video he must have of cars I'm not surprised he can't find it :-).

However we could meet again and redo the race. I'd like to start in first gear next time and see if that makes any difference. However at the moment I am traveling very much so it would have to be in August or September.

// jpb

KK265
July 2nd, 2008, 08:56
Yes there should be as Gustav filmed it (or rather it was filmed from his car). However I asked him about this twice but he said he couldn't find it. As it really wasn't a big deal for me I kinda forgot. So eiher it never was filmed (maybe forgot to press record or something :-) ) or the clip is somewhere on one of his tapes and considering how much video he must have of cars I'm not surprised he can't find it :-).

However we could meet again and redo the race. I'd like to start in first gear next time and see if that makes any difference. However at the moment I am traveling very much so it would have to be in August or September.

// jpb
The problem is that he lost so he "lost " the video.....

Der Major
July 2nd, 2008, 09:41
The problem is that he lost so he "lost " the video.....

:lovl: :lovl: :lovl: :jlol:
Exactly what i thought.

Gustav
July 3rd, 2008, 02:42
Thank you!

More movies are coming. Did you see the vidoes and pics of hte third event?

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118994

Gustav
July 3rd, 2008, 02:44
Haha :hihi: True! I will start puttign up alot more videos this month :race:

Also, next event might be in September.

or the clip is somewhere on one of his tapes and considering how much video he must have of cars I'm not surprised he can't find it :-).

KK265
July 3rd, 2008, 18:24
Haha :hihi: True! I will start puttign up alot more videos this month :race:

Also, next event might be in September.
I would like to see the race between you and bobey.Is it possible please?

Gustav
July 3rd, 2008, 19:58
Yes, we raced and it was quite even when it was very hot (30-35 degrees celsius).

I would like to see the race between you and bobey.Is it possible please?

KK265
July 7th, 2008, 09:11
Yes, we raced and it was quite even when it was very hot (30-35 degrees celsius).

So audis are good for hot air when BMWs are good for cold air...:vhmmm:

Leadfoot
July 7th, 2008, 15:57
So audis are good for hot air when BMWs are good for cold air...:vhmmm:

This might be the FSi working to give the advantage to the RS4 is the hot air, maybe something similar happens a altitude.

KK265
July 8th, 2008, 13:07
This might be the FSi working to give the advantage to the RS4 is the hot air, maybe something similar happens a altitude.
Today (38 Celsius degrees) I had a few races with an M3 and an Lexus IS-F.

http://www.imageshack.gr/files/9kar1v2zq5fb6krj1pw1.jpg (http://www.imageshack.gr/view.php?file=9kar1v2zq5fb6krj1pw1.jpg)
Rolling starts from 60 to 240 km/h.Lexus was 3 car lengths front of me at the end and M3 was the same as RS4.Lexus has very fast changes.M3 could not pass the RS4.In one case he tried on third (70 km/h) when i was on second and I passed him 3 car lengths.So is a myth to me that an stock M3 E 92 humilitates an RS4
as we show on Gustav's events.

Mockenrue
July 8th, 2008, 14:06
Thanks for sharing. It would be interesting to repeat those tests using standing starts instead of rolling starts.

KK265
July 8th, 2008, 15:20
Thanks for sharing. It would be interesting to repeat those tests using standing starts instead of rolling starts.

Lexus had traction problem on Greek public road under 38 Celsius degrees.It did 5,7 and 5,8 in two attempts for 0-100.So no chance against RS4.M3 did 5,2 secs also.