PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT RS testing on the ring today (video)

Skaala
June 20th, 2008, 14:46
Sorry about the low quality, t-mobile wireless wont let me upload bigger files to youtube. I'll upload some high-res when I get home...

Sounds a lot like the B5 RS4 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMTUNGJU_WA

Skaala
June 20th, 2008, 17:32
has the engine been confirmed yet?

The Pretender
June 20th, 2008, 18:58
R5T to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ScCC-lvUtU&feature=related

Jarod.

tomquattro
June 20th, 2008, 19:07
You cant beat the sound of a in line 5:)

Ruergard
June 21st, 2008, 17:30
Bring it on! :D

Senne
June 21st, 2008, 17:46
That's a very nice sound:bigeyes:
5 cilinder, back to the roots:love2:

Kliko61
June 21st, 2008, 19:21
yesssssssss, this is awesome!!!I love the sound!!!

Mr Balsen
June 21st, 2008, 19:40
Of vourse it is a 5 cylinders ! ! !

Frederic

M3 owner
June 22nd, 2008, 05:35
I wonder if the price of this car will be scarier then it’s performance??

Leadfoot
June 22nd, 2008, 09:31
I wonder if the price of this car will be scarier then it’s performance??

I'm guessing but in the UK where the TT/S is £34K I would reckon on pricing another £8~9K for the TT/RS if the changes are as big as Jarod believes or maybe £5~6K if they are not. Sorry for the wide price range but until everything is know that will be changed it harder to tie down a more accurate price.

The Pretender
June 22nd, 2008, 11:44
I'm guessing but in the UK where the TT/S is £34K I would reckon on pricing another £8~9K for the TT/RS if the changes are as big as Jarod believes or maybe £5~6K if they are not.
I believe nothing rumour (UK TT Forum) wise, i only belive the solid info i have.
There is no way that a inline five will fit longitudinal in the TT with a B8 Quattro gearbox.
It will only fit longitudinal if Audi use the same transaxial 4WD system as the Nissan GT-R, and i don't see that happening any time soon.
The info i have say it will be transverse mounted like all other engine's in the TT.
The only question mark is the Torsen/Haldex rumour.
So far my info say it wil be XWD Haldex.
The question is, is it possible to make a transverse Quattro gearbox with a Torsen centre diff. ?
If so, then Audi can have a big surprise for us, otherwise it will be XWD Haldex IMHO.

Jarod.

Leadfoot
June 22nd, 2008, 13:20
Jarod,

Sorry mate for making it sound like you had all of the answers. We know that all of the answer aren't known as yet, the engine is almost definite, the awd system is most likely the same as TT/S but with software tweaks and suspension will keep the MagneticRide but with tweaks to the other components. The gearbox will be S/Tronic and will most likely have 7 gears as the current version can't cope with more than 258ft/lbs.

The statement above was addressing the question on cost and nothing else. If it's solely an engine and gearbox change with tweaked awd software and supension then the lower cost would be the most likely outcome. But if they repositioned the engine, used a different gearbox design/housing than any other model then the development cost would demand a much greater outlay from the customer. As for the bodywork, I have my idea on the look and hope it comes off.

The only constant I do know is that it will be an amazing little DRIVER'S car.

The Pretender
June 22nd, 2008, 13:57
Here is a part quote:

Can you explain to me how that will work on a transverse mounted R5T engine.As I said in this thread and many times previously, the 2.5T is a longitudinal mounted engine NOT transverse, Torsen only fits to longitudinal.

Because there is no way that the R5T will fit longitudinal under the bonnet of the TT body.Who says?!? I got information from my contact about the the 2.5T back in Oct 2006, and the info is still coming now, so I have no reason to disbelieve that a mule exists with this engine.

How it's connected/mounted only the development team knows the intricacies, but these cars are 'mules' so they have all sorts of things that we will never get to know about or never even see the light of day. Just because something is in a mule it doesn't mean it will make it into production, it's just there for testing, hence the 'mule'! As you know, since the MK2's launch several mules have existed with lot's of configurations and combinations, for which I know of at least 3 that were forced induction 3.2 engines that have now been taken apart.

The 2.5T is a longitudinal mounted engine, so if the 2.5T is given the go ahead then Torsen is the most likely 4wd system IMO, regardless of how they mount/connect it.Jarod.

Leadfoot
June 22nd, 2008, 16:48
I know there has been several test mules, as is always the case when developing a new model. I remember hearing early reports that a TT/S with a little over 300hp posted a time of 8:14 on the ring which is a good omen for anything the TT/RS is capable of. Not everything will see the light of day but the fact that they are trying a torsen awd system proves how committed Audi are to make this TT the ultimate driver's car in the sector.

The Pretender
June 22nd, 2008, 17:22
If one of the TT RS mule's have a Longitudinal 2.5 litre R5T engine under the bonnet (but i doubt that), i can assure you there will also be a TT RS mule with longitudinal 3.0 litre V6 Supercharger (new S4) engine.
In that case i don't see the R5T engine have any chance against the 3.0 V6 Supercharge engine.
If there is a longitudinal R5T under the bonnet of the TT RS mule it will have a complete new Quattro system and be using a front axle system like this to fit under the bonnet.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/rockabillyrb30/pic010.jpg

Because the R5T is to long to fit longitudinal under the TT bonnet with the B8 gearbox IMHO.
And it will corner/steer worse then a TT 3.2 Quattro with that much engine over the front axle.

Jarod.

Leadfoot
June 22nd, 2008, 18:23
If one of the TT RS mule's have a Longitudinal 2.5 litre R5T engine under the bonnet (but i doubt that), i can assure you there will also be a TT RS mule with longitudinal 3.0 litre V6 Supercharger (new S4) engine.
In that case i don't see the R5T engine have any chance against the 3.0 V6 Supercharge engine.
If there is a longitudinal R5T under the bonnet of the TT RS mule it will have a complete new Quattro system and be using a front axle system like this to fit under the bonnet.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/rockabillyrb30/pic010.jpg

Because the R5T is to long to fit longitudinal under the TT bonnet with the B8 gearbox IMHO.
And it will corner/steer worse then a TT 3.2 Quattro with that much engine over the front axle.

Jarod.

Where did you get that photo because I am sure I have seen that before somewhere. ;)

Leadfoot
June 23rd, 2008, 13:36
Learned a bit more about the TT in this video and Audi have upped the more even more than we first thought was it's limit. :hahahehe: I think the early prediction of 300~310hp from some on this site will be proven wrong and by more than a little bit. ;) I also learned a bit more about the awd system but will hold off saying anything until I know a lot more on how it's set up.

Watch this space. :thumb:

The Pretender
June 23rd, 2008, 14:48
Yes, talked to a few people myself and this black TT-R testmule is realy a testmule for some new technology.
The info and video also make one thing very clear, "this" mule have no DSG/S-tronic gearbox but a manual gearbox.
Further is this mule equipped with a Magnetic Ride Plus suspension.

Jarod.

Leadfoot
June 23rd, 2008, 16:58
Yes, talked to a few people myself and this black TT-R testmule is realy a testmule for some new technology.
The info and video also make one thing very clear, "this" mule have no DSG/S-tronic gearbox but a manual gearbox.
Further is this mule equipped with a Magnetic Ride Plus suspension.

Jarod.

I thought the same about the transmission, definite not S/Tronic or should I say I hope not as it was the slowest gear change ever for that type of system. :hihi:

I don't know about new technology but if you count the engine as new then yes. By the way the outputs (hp & torque) was an eye opener, if the TT/RS received this much power then the R8 would be dust. Me thinks they will have to peg it back quite a bit.

MagneticRide Plus, new name for what is in reality a re-tweaked software, as long as it does the job they can call it MagneticRide Plus MaxPower 3G Advanced.

youry
June 23rd, 2008, 18:15
honestyl the sound we hear on the video is not a 5 in line engine, but rather a V6 sound.....

The Pretender
June 23rd, 2008, 18:47
honestyl the sound we hear on the video is not a 5 in line engine, but rather a V6 sound.....
Not according to the info i have, but it's possible because Audi's old 2.7T V6 engine produce almost the same sound as the late inline five's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctewEjBtCrc

And i don't care if it will be a V6 so long it's a real longitudinal Audi V6 and not a VW VR6.
In the case of a longitudinal V6 it will most likely be the new 3.0TFSI supercharged S4 engine. ;)

Jarod.

ZeroCool
June 23rd, 2008, 20:12
i personally would like that it gets a inline 5....

but Jarod, they already have problems to get the inline 5 transverse in the TT - don't you think that with an inline 6 it will be more difficult? :)

SigmaS6
June 23rd, 2008, 20:13
Just wondering what 'new technology' would mean? We already have two engines and two AWD systems in the talks now for two test mules, plus the black car has ceramic brakes. I'd say that makes the test mules pretty feature complete, right? What else could they do? :)

Concerning the AWD systems I'd even be positively surprised to see something else than the TTS has. I hope they'll offer something more sporty, but I fear the new engine might be the maximum of what Audi is willing to invest in the TT. Past models haven't really been love children of Audi, they stuck pretty close to the absolute minimum (no new engines when the new TT came out, the unmodified S3 engine in the TTS...).

So all those rumours sound great, but somehow I could imagine that the final RS will be, except for the engine, a rather normal TT. I'm fervently hoping I'm wrong with this though :)

Leadfoot
June 23rd, 2008, 21:04
Just wondering what 'new technology' would mean? We already have two engines and two AWD systems in the talks now for two test mules, plus the black car has ceramic brakes. I'd say that makes the test mules pretty feature complete, right? What else could they do? :)

There is more than just this black TT doing testing, I believe this one is engine development and suspension. We know that it's running a stock manual gearbox and not the new S/Tronic, plus the output is comfortably beyond the current S/Tronic in the TTS and by quite some way I might add.

Concerning the AWD systems I'd even be positively surprised to see something else than the TTS has. I hope they'll offer something more sporty, but I fear the new engine might be the maximum of what Audi is willing to invest in the TT. Past models haven't really been love children of Audi, they stuck pretty close to the absolute minimum (no new engines when the new TT came out, the unmodified S3 engine in the TTS...).

The awd system won't be Torsen but I believe it's a lot more advanced than the stock system in the TT/S. We know that Haldex4 can shift the power totally to the rear and upto 85% to either rear wheel, all Audi have to do is re-tune the software so that more of the power comes from the rear in normal driving. This is the one I reckon is the most likely as the system is very versatile.

The engine is different to all other TTs and it a lot more powerful if the test mule is anything to go by. Lets say if it's within 15% of the test sample I will be a very happy chap. :jlol:

So all those rumours sound great, but somehow I could imagine that the final RS will be, except for the engine, a rather normal TT. I'm fervently hoping I'm wrong with this though :)

If you believe nothing I ever have written before then please believe this, the TT/RS will be a cracker little car unlike any TT before it and I would lay money that it will be way better than the RS4 as well.

The Pretender
June 23rd, 2008, 22:38
i personally would like that it gets a inline 5....

but Jarod, they already have problems to get the inline 5 transverse in the TT - don't you think that with an inline 6 it will be more difficult? :)
I'm "not" talking about a inline 6 i'm talking about a V6.

Jarod.

youry
June 23rd, 2008, 22:42
Well i was doing the following analysis:

S2(220hp) => RS2(315hp) , DELTA= 95 hp
S4 B5(265hp) => RS4 B5(380hp), DELTA= 115hp
S4 B7(344hp) => RS4 B7(420hp), DELTA= 76hp
S6 4B(340hp) => RS6 4B(450hp), DELTA= 110hp
S6 4F(430hp) => RS6 4F(580hp), DELTA= 150hp

so looking at the extremes at least we shoudl haev the TTRS with 348hp
and at best 422hp (not likely to happen of course).

no way it will be only 305-310hp.....

This is intersting No ?

The Pretender
June 23rd, 2008, 22:56
The 2.5 litre R5T is already running bullit proof with 380 hp in this black TT mule.
There are even units that put out 475+ hp @ 7800 rpm on a testing rig in the factory.
The new inline five will be more powerful then the new V6 3.0TFSI supercharged engine when put into production.

Jarod.

youry
June 23rd, 2008, 23:05
The 2.5 litre R5T is already running bullit proof with 380 hp in this black TT mule.
There are even units that put out 475+ hp @ 7800 rpm on a testing rig in the factory.
The new inline five will be more powerful then the new V6 3.0TFSI supercharged engine when put into production.

Jarod.

I'd love to know your sources as you seem to be sure about this....

I am looking for a sports car that will be as or better than my previous RS4 V8..... adn the more i read about this TT RS, the more I think it will be the case.... since its about 400 pounds less weight to start with

M3 owner
June 24th, 2008, 00:46
I'm guessing but in the UK where the TT/S is £34K I would reckon on pricing another £8~9K for the TT/RS if the changes are as big as Jarod believes or maybe £5~6K if they are not. Sorry for the wide price range but until everything is know that will be changed it harder to tie down a more accurate price.

I have always been a fan of the TT but it’s power didn’t match it’s looks. The TT RS will finally give this car the power it deserves. I am a little surprised it’s going to be released at all. I would have thought that Porsche would have put an end to cars like this.
The TTS has not reached our shores yet, I think it will be here at the end of next month or early Aug. The 3.2L TT is over 90K in Aus so the S will definitely be well over 100k. There will also be an increase in the luxury sales tax early next month which will add thousands to the final figure.
The way things are going, I wouldn’t be surprised if the TT RS was similarly priced to the B7 RS4.

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 07:49

Jarod.

I think you will find that this black TT has a bit more power than 380hp. :hahahehe: And yes it still is the in-line 5 cylinder.

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 07:56
I think you will find that this black TT has a bit more power than 380hp. :hahahehe: And yes it still is the in-line 5 cylinder.
Yes, the info say they testing it in the meanwhile on R8 level. ;)

Jarod.

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 08:03
I doubt the handling will match, though you never know but if it keep the output of this test mule then the standard R8 would be dust in a straight line acceleration.

Like I say 15% less and I would be happy but hopefully it will be closer to 10%.

KresoF1
June 24th, 2008, 08:17
Hmm...

I just received full info and specs of R8 V10 and interesting info about TTR...

It is basically Audi preview memo... About TTR... Most info in this thread is NOT accurate...

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 08:44
Hmm...

I just received full info and specs of R8 V10 and interesting info about TTR...

It is basically Audi preview memo... About TTR... Most info in this thread is NOT accurate...

Please enlighten us as which parts. I know what I have been told and I would love to hear from a different point of view.

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 09:12
I think he is referring to the inline five engine and power output.
According to that (his) info this black car have a (3.6 VR6 FSI based) turbocharged 3.0TFSI VR5 engine, am i right KresoF1. :thumb:

Jarod.

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 10:48
The black TT in this video has got the sound of a 5 cylinder engine that is almost identical to the old rally cars.

If you are saying that the v6 makes the same sound then maybe it's a v6, all I know is that the one in the video has more than 450Nm of torque and a lot of power to back it up.

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 11:28
all I know is that the one in the video has more than 450Nm of torque and a lot of power to back it up.
To back up 450 Nm of torgue you only need a litle under 390 turbo hp. ;)

btw, a VR5 engine have some V6 kind of sound to it.

Jarod.

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 11:49
To back up 450 Nm of torgue you only need a litle under 390 turbo hp. ;)

btw, a VR5 engine have some V6 kind of sound to it.

Jarod.

Or maybe over that figure. ;)

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 11:56
Or maybe over that figure. ;)
With 400+ hp you go up to 500 Nm.
If that black TT have more then 390 hp it need to have more then 450 Nm of torque.

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 12:05
With 400+ hp you go up to 500 Nm.
If that black TT have more then 390 hp it need to have more then 450 Nm of torque.

All I will say is it have more than 450Nm but less than 500Nm. ;)

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 12:10
All I will say is it have more than 450Nm but less than 500Nm. ;)
Yes, 478 Nm and 413 hp. ;)

Jarod.

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 12:11
I think I will quit while I am ahead. :D

KresoF1
June 24th, 2008, 12:22
Here is some fuel for speculation:

-S Tronic in TTS can handle only up to 360Nm
-updated S Tronic can handle only up to 420Nm

Do you understand few things now? Or TTR will be manual only(for more then 420Nm thinkers)....

Haldex X? Hmm...

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 12:29

Do you understand few things now? Or TTR will be manual only(for more then 420Nm thinkers)....

Haldex X? Hmm...

For a start the black TT is only a test mule and not the finished article, that is why it's go so more power and why it's currently running a manual gearbox.

420Nm........I wonder how much power that equates to. ;)

TT/S is running an updated version of Haldex already, though it still configured like all other TTs.

Audi are pulling out all the stops to make this one of their best ever cars.

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 12:39

Haldex X? Hmm...
Nice one KresoF1, in this case the TT-R is ending up with 364 hp.
btw, these numbers are fun but what about the engine it self.
If according to you a lot of info is wrong in this thread are you talking only about the numbers or also the engine itself.
Because i trust the info i get about the engine.

btw, Misderection, how does one use it to it's fullest potential? ;)

Jarod.

KresoF1
June 24th, 2008, 12:42
Jarod,

Torsen
More then 380hp
Special gearbox

Dreamland...

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 12:56
Jarod,

Torsen
More then 380hp
Special gearbox

Dreamland...
That's not my info but from someone over on the UK forum, claiming that is the case with this black TT mule .

Jarod.

KresoF1
June 24th, 2008, 12:58
That's not my info but from someone over on the UK forum, claiming that is the case with this black TT mule .

Jarod.

I know. Just this info is not accurate.

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 13:03
I know. Just this info is not accurate.
btw, if we delete all the in-accurate info we will end up with a very small threat. :hahahehe:

Jarod.

KresoF1
June 24th, 2008, 13:05
btw, if we delete all the in-accurate info we will end up with a very small threat. :hahahehe:

Jarod.

That's true.:hahahehe:

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 13:27
Nice one KresoF1, in this case the TT-R is ending up with 364 hp.
btw, these numbers are fun but what about the engine it self.
If according to you a lot of info is wrong in this thread are you talking only about the numbers or also the engine itself.
Because i trust the info i get about the engine.

btw, Misderection, how does one use it to it's fullest potential? ;)

Jarod.

Agreed, and as for the figures ........ well.

trick
June 24th, 2008, 13:42
Not having any inside sources, but looking at Audi's history with the TT, I expect that the Clubsport is closer to the R than anything we've seen on the ring. These test mules could be for anything...

IMO, if there is an R, it will be closer to the Clubsport in spec. It'll have the Clubsport platform's "quattro permanent" awd, lowered mag ride, sport esp, wider track and a similar bodykit, and hopefully some tweaks to make the steering feel more lively than the TTS (not that I'm complaining about mine).

Engine-wise I think the 300bhp Clubsport 4-pot is a strong contender - the exhaust looks very similar to the mules (does anyone have audio of the Clubsport?), otherwise I wouldn't expect anything more than a mildly charged V6.

Disagree? Look at how the TTS has been de-tuned - it's clearly capable of 300 (Clubsport) and 3rd parties are saying that 315-320 is easily achievable. Compare that to the current 20T and V6, where the power output of a chipped 20T is close enough to that of the V6 to make it not matter.

Just my tuppence-worth...

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 14:02
I agree the Clubsport is closer to the "R" then the other TT's.
Only with a roof on top and a high performance R5T engine under the bonnet.
Because there is no way i would buy a poor sounding 4-pot TT-R(S).
In that case i would buy a TT 3.2 Quattro and put on one or two turbo's instead.

Jarod.

HKS786
June 24th, 2008, 14:50
I have to agree with Hans here. I cant see a 4 pot TT-R. The actual engine bay of the Clubsport is bigger not just the flared wheel arches.

As for spypics, if we look in the past Audi usually has RS model prototypes with only exhausts and mesh intakes. For the RS6 I remember S-line and S6 prototypes that were used to test the RS6. The same has happend if we remember the S-line and TT-S prototypes.

I have already explained that the the Clubsport was revealed as a Concept and we seen spypics of it and have since seen official pics/details. There is no other reason for these TT-S/S-line prototypes to be running around.

Leadie and other good sources have confirmed the TT-R. Dont forget the Cayman Turbo...

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 16:30
The TT/R(S) will be based closely on the Clubsport, it's the only reason for the concept to be re-done and shown for a second time.

The engine will not be a TT/S with a higher state of tuning, reason being is the RS should also allow scope for potential tuning. A 2.0TFSi engine maybe able to produce 340~350hp but it couldn't be classed as 100% reliable, well not in the way that Audi would want.

Like Jarod said the engine is going to be new and it's a 5cylinder.

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 16:58
There are Four things that need to change to make a TT-R out of the Clubsport.

1) a roof.
2) a R5T engine.
3) lower front fog lights like all TT's
4) rear valance to replace the fake exhaust housing.

Jarod.

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 17:14
5) make it quicker than a Z4M, SLK55, Z370 and M3. :hihi:

trick
June 24th, 2008, 17:15
Still not convinced about the R5T. I think the max base price they could get away with commercially on a sub-400 bhp TT/RS in the UK is 40k GBP which is about 6k more than a base TT/S.

Is there room in that 6k for a new engine, mounted differently, with completely different transmission..?

Would love to see a 5-pot TT but my money's on a charged V6.

ZeroCool
June 24th, 2008, 17:35
@trick...

Nobody is talking about an different mounted engine...

The Inline 5 will be mounted transversal - as every other TT-Engine!
Also the Transmission will be manual

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 17:47
Still not convinced about the R5T. I think the max base price they could get away with commercially on a sub-400 bhp TT/RS in the UK is 40k GBP which is about 6k more than a base TT/S.

Is there room in that 6k for a new engine, mounted differently, with completely different transmission..?

Would love to see a 5-pot TT but my money's on a charged V6.
If i was a betting man i put my money on a transverse R5T with Haldex XWD and 6-speed manual or the new wet clutshed 7-speed Quattro S-tronic.

And about a charged Vr6, Audi allready tested the VR6 as a turbo and bi-turbo back in the day's of the TT Mk1.
The 3.2 VR6 isn't a light weight engine and putting a turbo or two, a intercooler or two and piping on it result in a more nose heavy car then the 3.2Q already is.
In that case the TT-R will not be corner happy at all, and will not post fast time's on the ring because it don't corner very well.

Jarod.

HKS786
June 24th, 2008, 17:48
There are Four things that need to change to make a TT-R out of the Clubsport.

1) a roof.
2) a R5T engine.
3) lower front fog lights like all TT's
4) rear valance to replace the fake exhaust housing.

Jarod.

+1 on everything!

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 17:48
That would not be a problem at all. :hahahehe:

Jarod.

HKS786
June 24th, 2008, 17:50
The TT/R(S) will be based closely on the Clubsport, it's the only reason for the concept to be re-done and shown for a second time.

The engine will not be a TT/S with a higher state of tuning, reason being is the RS should also allow scope for potential tuning. A 2.0TFSi engine maybe able to produce 340~350hp but it couldn't be classed as 100% reliable, well not in the way that Audi would want.

Like Jarod said the engine is going to be new and it's a 5cylinder.

You are very right about reliability. As good as the E46 M3's I6 was, they could not squeeze more power from that engine without reliability being an issue. Also, the move to a V8 was obvious for other reasons.

Back to the TT-R. I consider it definite, plenty of evidence. There's also good grounds to believe it's a 5 cylinder.

The Pretender
June 24th, 2008, 18:16
I think the succes of the TT-R depends on having a Forged alloy R5T engine.
I would not buy a TT-R without a R5T engine.
I drove 15 years Audi's with inline five's and lost interest (till the double five) in Audi after they stopped building them.
I'm lobbying over 3 years (april 2005) by Audi for the return of the "Reihen Fünfzylinder" in the TT Mk2 even with Twincharger or sequential turbo technology.
I would be very dissapointed if all my effort was for nothing.

Jarod.

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 19:33
I'm lobbying over 3 years (april 2005) by Audi for the return of the "Reihen Fünfzylinder" in the TT Mk2 even with Twincharger or sequential turbo technology.
I would be very dissapointed if all my effort was for nothing.

Jarod.

Keep fighting the fight, I believe they are starting to listen. ;)

SigmaS6
June 24th, 2008, 19:44
Well i was doing the following analysis:
S2(220hp) => RS2(315hp) , DELTA= 95 hp
[...]
S6 4F(430hp) => RS6 4F(580hp), DELTA= 150hp

Now do this to determine the output the TTS should have gotten in theory and you can see why it's futile to try nailing it that way :)

The DQ500 is especially made for the TT-RS's needs, I don't think it will be a limiting factor. And I also don't think they'll just mod the DQ250 because if that was easy and cheap they had done that for the TTS instead of reducing the torque by tampering with the advance angle during gear changes (and we're even talking about 350nm the DQ250 can't handle here).

If the TT-RS would really just get a slightly modded DQ250 I guess we can also burry all other hopes for uniqe high tech parts in this car, as that would clearly indicate that they are optimizing the car once more for price and not for power. Not quite sure if that would be a good idea for an RS model, which should strive for being best in class, not best in economy.

Lateknight
June 25th, 2008, 21:22

No way is that a 6

That is definitely a 5 cylinder.
In his particular vid it does sound a bit more like a VW V5 than an R5...a bit flatter sounding..less 'fruity'. In the other Vid posted on this site it sounds more like the old Audis used to (only a good thing in my mind)