PDA

View Full Version : Fuel consumption RS2

Michaël Barbé
June 19th, 2008, 14:37
I read in another thread that the RS2 drinks a lot. Even more than the RS6 C5...

Does it make a big difference when it roles on LPG/LPI?

What does it drink then expressed in petrol-terms?!

So let's say it drinks an average of 14 liters/100km when it drives on petrol, does it drink more then 10liters/100km on LPG/LPI then(in petrol-terms!!)?

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to ask. It's just that I don't have any experience with "the LPG/LPI-terms". That means that I can't estimate how much it drinks when you for example say that it drinks 20liters LPG/100km (because I don't know how expensive LPG is etc...)

Help me out here and tell me if I didn't explain myself good enough!:blush:

MB
:rs6kiss:

LU-RS6
June 19th, 2008, 22:45
Don't put LPG on an aspirated beauty like the RS2, it doesn't deserve it.

Then you're better of with an S8 D2.

Michaël Barbé
June 20th, 2008, 06:41
Don't put LPG on an aspirated beauty like the RS2, it doesn't deserve it.

Then you're better of with an S8 D2.

I know it doesn't deserve it but otherwise I can't pay for it... Do you know if it makes a big difference?

MB

Der Major
June 20th, 2008, 08:24
I know it doesn't deserve it but otherwise I can't pay for it... Do you know if it makes a big difference?

MB

If you can´t pay for an RS 2 other than with LPG installed then you shouldn´t go for that car. It looses power and you have to drive many kilometers to be profitable. That 5 cylinder engine deserves its super plus.

Like LU said A8/S8 is perfect for this at its 8 cylinder engine is much better for this kind of thing.

Michaël Barbé
June 20th, 2008, 09:13
If you can´t pay for an RS 2 other than with LPG installed then you shouldn´t go for that car. It looses power and you have to drive many kilometers to be profitable. That 5 cylinder engine deserves its super plus.

Like LU said A8/S8 is perfect for this at its 8 cylinder engine is much better for this kind of thing.

Then it will be a A6 C6 2.4 V6 FSI I guess. I like the RS2 so much but indeed: the fuelconsumption is not for my wallet...

EDIT: or should I go for the TFSI? hmmm...
MB

Daniel
June 20th, 2008, 10:41
Please take no LPG in an RS Audi...

I had two RS2s...one in blue and one in black...my two drinks 16l/100km superplus...

LU-RS6
June 20th, 2008, 12:05
Michaël,

I'd really check out the S8 D2 option. It is a fast rocket, very stylish and if you drive it on LPG you're driving around very cheaply.
And I haven't even mentioned how cheap they are second hand.
You won't be able to drive very sporty, like with the RS2, but you have to compromise in some way.
Other option is the old S6.

Skaala
June 20th, 2008, 13:51
I get on long trips in norway 12.1/100km, 15.3 city. On class A motorway/autobahn standard, crusing at 90-120 I get 8.9/100km
On the nordschleife I use around 7-9ltrs pr lap :p

Michaël Barbé
June 20th, 2008, 23:06
Michaël,

I'd really check out the S8 D2 option. It is a fast rocket, very stylish and if you drive it on LPG you're driving around very cheaply.
And I haven't even mentioned how cheap they are second hand.
You won't be able to drive very sporty, like with the RS2, but you have to compromise in some way.
Other option is the old S6.

A 4.2 is expensive to pay insurrance and tax for...

Which S6 do you mean. I want an avant that's for sure. I prefer a 5cylinder. So what to do? What would I do without you guys:blush:
MB

Michaël Barbé
June 20th, 2008, 23:29
Ok, I'm gonna make a short list of what are my 'demands' and then you guys tell me what I should by;) Or at least give me your opinion...

- Audi
- avant
- 5 cylinder (maybe 6cyl)
- is 'possible' to run on LPG/LPI
- is not a heavy drinker (:cheers: = :nono: )

Why isn't Audi using their 5cyl in their new cars. Volvo uses them from Audi:doh:

MB

Erik
June 22nd, 2008, 22:09
Moved from the RSx section to VAG Top of the line where it belongs.

RSx is for future cars and rumors.

Michaël Barbé
June 23rd, 2008, 10:33
Moved from the RSx section to VAG Top of the line where it belongs.

RSx is for future cars and rumors.

I'm sorry... But nowone seems to care about my future car:(

MB

Michaël Barbé
June 23rd, 2008, 18:24
Come on guys! Wake up!! S2 avant, S6 avant of S6 avant plus? I love 'em all but what are you recommending?

MB

Der Major
June 24th, 2008, 09:51
Since S6 / Avant are all 8 Cylinder they are not in your target. So S2 will be the only thing left. It´s based on B4 and if you have some money you can make it a real looker. It has a 5 cylinder engine and really goes forward. I don´t know about LPG conversion as all people i know wouldn´t do that to their S / RS cars.

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/uploads_large_wm/45372.jpg

Michaël Barbé
June 24th, 2008, 10:19
Since S6 / Avant are all 8 Cylinder they are not in your target. So S2 will be the only thing left. It´s based on B4 and if you have some money you can make it a real looker. It has a 5 cylinder engine and really goes forward. I don´t know about LPG conversion as all people i know wouldn´t do that to their S / RS cars.

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/uploads_large_wm/45372.jpg

If I had the money to pay the petrol in these expensive days I wouldn't drive it on LPG/LPI. But what woud you choose: an a6 on petrol with 177hp or an S2 on LPG/LPI with 230hp? My choise is made quickly.
Thanks for the info! And I think it's gonna be an S2 avant! Or is there someone who says I really shouldn't drive it on LP?

MB

Ellden
June 24th, 2008, 16:10
A6...
S8...
RS2...

Why not have the V6 S4 avant? (was that B5? not sure)
It will prob. have the same turbolagg and 265hp with that. :deal:
Plus it's in the same price range and if they're able too fix the RS2 with LPG the S4 shouln'd be a big problem.

If you decide not take the A6 purely because of the lack of performance then take it to Mr. Abt or Mr. MTM and they'll fix you up with a few extra horsies. :dance: ...or buy a second a6 bolt the 2nd engine in the back and make yourself a bimoto A6 :thumb: (don't forget those pics if you do go that way).

I'm not fond of those "wannabe"-people that drive diesel Audis (and VWs) that have the full RS-spec. around the car while still having a 1.8l or whatever... the same story goes for fuel!!
I'll send the Audi-police to hunt you down if an RS-audi sips anything other than premium petrol :cheers:

PS: I do think it's okey to fitt LPG on a "regular" audi such as the S4 since its "less performance" in that car thus not killing the RS-badge.

Der Major
June 25th, 2008, 08:15
A6 / A8 / S8 sounds ok but since the S4 has 2 turbos i don´t think LPG will be good for turbos for a long time. I thing for turbos goes the same thing as for RS cars. But if you are a fan of the B4 chassis you can go for a 2.8 Liter. That should do the trick.

Michaël Barbé
June 25th, 2008, 20:25
Hmmmm S2 avant 5cyl (on LPG/LPI) OR S4 avant 5cyl (on LPG/LPI)?

Which is lighter and which has more space and which would you guys buy?

Tips?

MB

Der Major
June 26th, 2008, 08:46
Hmmmm S2 avant 5cyl (on LPG/LPI) OR S4 avant 5cyl (on LPG/LPI)?

Which is lighter and which has more space and which would you guys buy?

Tips?

MB

S4 not 5 but 6 cylinders. This is also why the S4 engine is heavier.
I think i have just the car for you. S4 C4. Has the similar look like the S2 but with a rock solid V8

http://rsmodels.net/files/cardb/audi_s6_aan_press_pictures_1996/001.jpg

206 kW (280 PS), 0–100 km/h in 6,2 s
Available with 5 and 6 speed manual and automatic of course.

Michaël Barbé
June 26th, 2008, 11:17
S4 not 5 but 6 cylinders. This is also why the S4 engine is heavier.
I think i have just the car for you. S4 C4. Has the similar look like the S2 but with a rock solid V8

http://rsmodels.net/files/cardb/audi_s6_aan_press_pictures_1996/001.jpg

206 kW (280 PS), 0–100 km/h in 6,2 s
Available with 5 and 6 speed manual and automatic of course.

The C4 has a 5cyl turbo no?! Oh but it's also made with a V8! I like the 5 cyl even more and is not that difficult to pay for for me. So: S2 avant 5cyl (on LPG/LPI) OR S4 avant 5cyl (on LPG/LPI)?:)

MB

Der Major
June 26th, 2008, 15:39
The C4 has a 5cyl turbo no?!
MB

Sorry my bad. Of course. 5 or 8 cylinders :)
Since you asked for the most room it is the s4 (Audi 100 based) S2 is Audi 80 based which is a little bit smaler. Enginewhise it will be pretty much the same.

Michaël Barbé
June 27th, 2008, 12:03
Sorry my bad. Of course. 5 or 8 cylinders :)
Since you asked for the most room it is the s4 (Audi 100 based) S2 is Audi 80 based which is a little bit smaler. Enginewhise it will be pretty much the same.

The problem is that you don't find very much good ones of these S4's for sale. Looked on mobile.de and even there only a few and not very convincing...

MB

Der Major
June 27th, 2008, 15:36
The problem is that you don't find very much good ones of these S4's for sale. Looked on mobile.de and even there only a few and not very convincing...

MB

Yes they are indeed rare. Both 5 and 8 Cylinder versions that had been treated well.
You can try http://www.autoscout24.de as well.

Michaël Barbé
June 29th, 2008, 15:33
What's wrong with an S6 avant like this one?
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=47848717&__lp=14&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=1900&makeModelVariant1.modelId=21&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&siteId=GERMANY&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&customerIdsAsString=&categories=EstateCar&lang=en&pageNumber=1

MB

Michaël Barbé
June 29th, 2008, 15:38
Or this one:
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=60082901&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=1900&makeModelVariant1.modelId=21&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&minPowerAsArray=147&minPowerAsArray=KW&maxPowerAsArray=185&maxPowerAsArray=KW&vehicleCategory=Car&segment=Car&siteId=GERMANY&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&customerIdsAsString=&categories=EstateCar&lang=en&tabNumber=2
MB

masimo
July 8th, 2008, 18:44
Well you can't get lower consuption using LPG. When you drive on LPG the car get's slower , you loose approximately 15% of the engine power so you need to push harder to driver quickly ... I drive an Audi 80 1.8 on LPG. It's not mutch slower but it uses around 1 liter more when i use LPG than 95octane petrol on the highway and around 2 liter more in city traffic. But the good thing is that 1liter LPG in Bulgaria costs 1.25levs( 0.63euros) and the 95octane costs 2.55levs(1.27 euros) so it's worth it :)

RS6-dreamer
July 10th, 2008, 22:10
Hi,

A friend of my had an Audi S2 and put LPG-system.....After that it takes 9months to get an no-fault working LPG-system...and you have never the same power.

A prefer drive with only Superplus.

Grtz,