PDA

View Full Version : Help me to fantasise concerning the RS6 C6 plus

Michaël Barbé
June 16th, 2008, 09:40
Well, I like to fantasise. We all know that if there is going to be a plus version of the fastest estate in the world it would 'just' be a (circa) 613hp-version of it with maybe a bit of weight loss. But my question is this: What would it do to the numbers (and road behaviour) if they made a lets say 613hp-version with a full carbon fibre body. I know they won't because of tradition and beating Lambos etc but let us just fantasise for ones and go crazy BUT realistic (I mean in order of numbers that will follow).

Who is good at this kind of stuff?

Don't let me down;)

MB
:rs6kiss:

Erik
June 16th, 2008, 16:43
My nr 1 wish is DSG gearbox and lower weight.

I guess none will happen :D

Michaël Barbé
June 16th, 2008, 18:08

Don't this also. But you don't know how to answer my questions?

Anyone? Frederic?:hahahehe:

MB

Spidercat
June 16th, 2008, 19:36

It's amazing that a company with so many good engineers as Audi can't/won't find a way to shave off even a hundred-or-so kilos?! Why couldn't they at least offer an option-delete package for some of the not-so-necessary amenities?

chewym
June 16th, 2008, 22:25
Why pay 100,000+ for a car without an air conditioner?

ben916
June 16th, 2008, 23:02
... if they made a lets say 613hp-version with a full carbon fibre body....

I agree, why not have a full production vehicle with carbon body panels, etc, as an option? or other carbon bits

Ferrari has done it with the F40 and I think the Enzo (correct me if wrong)...
Boeing is doing it with the 787, if it can ever get built and then built on time...
F1 cars are doing it

Ya can't tell me crash worthiness or lack thereof.

Fantasy? Carbon rims with ceramic rotors AND a non-failing DRC system...

Spidercat
June 17th, 2008, 02:34
Why pay 100,000+ for a car without an air conditioner?

Oh, I bet someone would... :thumb: :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MTM-RS6-Clubsport-Audi-1-out-of-1-built_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ98064QQihZ014QQit emZ330218467799QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

ben916
June 17th, 2008, 05:47
Oh, I bet someone would... :thumb: :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MTM-RS6-Clubsport-Audi-1-out-of-1-built_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ98064QQihZ014QQit emZ330218467799QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I would also BUT getting into the US from UAE is not so easy...

chewym
June 17th, 2008, 10:54
Ya can't tell me crash worthiness or lack thereof.

The Mercedes Benz Mclaren SLR has actual crash structures made out of carbon fiber, it has a light engine, it's heavy. Just replacing steel panels with carbon fiber probably won't save too much weight. The carbon fiber roof doesn't save that much weight in M3/6 over steel.

Look at carbon fiber race cars. The safety comes from a carbon fiber tub, the carbon fiber parts put around it don't help much. A carbon fiber door would still need reinforcement of some sort (steel beam) to really protect.

Any one with carbon fiber in cars knowledge can help/refute my point if they wish.

Michaël Barbé
June 17th, 2008, 11:23
Agree, agree...But what would it do to the numbers etc??:jlol:

MB

Rage
June 17th, 2008, 13:07
Agree, agree...But what would it do to the numbers etc??:jlol:

MB

If i remember correctly the M3 CF roof saves only a few kilograms over the normal (non sunroof) one. Presumably Having CF panels/bootlid/bonnet would save even less individually and/or have less effect or the M people would have employed those as well.

Note also that the CF roof only lower the centre of gravity by 1-2 cm if i remember correctly!

In my opinion a car has to be designed from the absolute start to have a low target weight (google the Farbio GTS/Artega GT). Lowering weight in a production model is extremely difficult and not cost effective to any meaninful degree in comparison.

You would be better off losing some weight and driving with only a 1/4 tank.

Would you notice +33HP and -75kg in a 2 tonne estate?

Michaël Barbé
June 17th, 2008, 14:30
Would you notice +33HP and -75kg in a 2 tonne estate?

I hope you would! That's actually my question...
We're not talking about cost-efficience. Just what woud it do to the numbers (O-62mph etc) and to the 'position on the road' etc...

MB

Spidercat
June 17th, 2008, 18:47
You would be better off losing some weight and driving with only a 1/4 tank.

LOL! So true!

Michaël Barbé
June 17th, 2008, 20:13
LOL! So true!

True, but then you have to tank every 20minutes:hihi: :nono:

MB