PDA

View Full Version : Bull's RS 6 Delivery

dabull
July 16th, 2003, 04:08
Picked up my car Monday afternoon. It is and unbelievable improvment from my 4.2 . Steering is much tighter and the car really does handle flat. The acceleration is fantastic. Passing is effortless in this car. Warning: as previously noted in this forum do not use any oil other than what Audi provides. Evidently several engines baked in Europe and Audi sent the oil off for analysis and found that it was not theirs. The owners got to buy new engines. $35 to $40 per quart, takes 10 quarts but remember Audi covers the first 50,000 miles or 48 months. The brakes are great. My car came with Dunlop 9000's which I had on my 4.2 and was happy with. The carbon fiber on the engine. I will try to post some photo's but I think that my format is too large for the max space. You will not be disappointed with this car. :addict: :addict:

bilbozilla
July 16th, 2003, 04:57
I was debating between that color and ebony pearl. I had to keep telling myself "remember, this car is not about practicality", so I opted for the ebony. It's not too late to change.

RS6FEVR
July 16th, 2003, 05:09
:cheers: Bull :cheers:

Congratulations. :D :D :D I know you've had some agony lately, but that's all behind you now! Glad it's finally yours. Look forward to the photo's and performance review too. How did you find the "comfort" of the ride? Previous post from Avus6 indicated that the car wasn't comfortable during a run between DC and NJ, at least not like the 8's.
In any event, have fun, enjoy the machine and keep us in the loop.

:addict: FEVR :addict:

jconley
July 16th, 2003, 09:00
Bull-

Woohoo! I'm glad you finally got it- I am only a couple days behind you now!

Congrats, and I hope we don't see much of you for a few days- GO DRIVE!

Thilo
July 16th, 2003, 09:36
Welcome to the club bull !!!!!

From now on you can write from your own experience. I am looking forward to hear from you US guys. Till now we only had feedback from us Europeans.

Enjoy your car.

Greetings from Switzerland
Thilo:bye: :bye:

Benman
July 16th, 2003, 15:30
Bull:cheers:

dispite ALL the waiting and ALL the AOA stuff you now have THE Audi of Audis. that is great to hear. i knew that you would not be disapointed. the test drive i got in Germany is the ONLY thing making the wait easier, because i already know that the car IS worth the wait. $35-$40 a quart? ouch, that hurts. oh well, like you said the first 4 years are free!:cheers:

congrats again:cheers:

Ben:addict: (next month!!!)

Mr. Fru-T Pants
July 16th, 2003, 15:35
Yay, Bill!

Have fun, bro. I know you're gonna love it.

Lucky dog...

Fru-T

Bauer
July 16th, 2003, 16:30
Dabull,

Congrats on the RS6, sounds like the car is well worth the wait. I cant wait to see your pictures and hear your stories. The datoyna grey was also one of the colors I considered but opted for the ebony black. Also I agree that the oil cost are a joke but if that is what is needed to protect these monsters then so be it. I guess they assume that if you can buy the car then you can afford the over priced oil.:MTM: . Enjoy your car....as I assume you will and keep the stories and pic comming.:cheers:

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4 modified
03 RS6 ordered

Erik
July 19th, 2003, 12:14
Congratulations! You can e-mail me any pictures and I'll put them online for you in a handier format.

dabull
July 21st, 2003, 22:20
[COLOR=darkblue]Erik, I need your email address to send them to you. thanks, Bull

Erik
July 21st, 2003, 23:21
Originally posted by dabull
I need your email address to send them to you. thanks, Bull

erikb@rs6.com

I will be on a short trip after tomorrow.

Finnus
July 22nd, 2003, 00:10
Bull,

Congratulations and welcome to the club!!!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

ENJOY!!! I know you will.

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

PS There are break-in instructions in the manual, page 190. I'm going to post a new thread so more people can see it.

nene
July 23rd, 2003, 00:58
Welcome to the club dude!!!

I've been dying to take pix of my animal too, but the weather in the Northeast USA has been crappy. I also need to find a good location to take nice photos. I suppose I can do it inside the garage.

Congratulations.