PDA

View Full Version : Any USA RS6 buyers receive Audi loyalty discount?

Rally
July 16th, 2003, 00:12
I read somewhere the current loyalty program did not include the RS6. Anyone get the discount?

jconley
July 16th, 2003, 00:15
I didn't. The letter I got about the program excluded the RS6

Rally
July 16th, 2003, 00:31
That's amusing. The one buyer Audi should be bending over backward for is being excluded. The loyalty program has nothing to do with moving cars.
I guess we should feel privileged to own such a car and not rewarded for being a repeat customer.
What a bunch of BS.

gregoryindiana
July 16th, 2003, 02:37
What a nonsensical response.

Everyone who puts their brains in gear knows that "loyalty discounts, programs, etc. are always used to help move cars that are selling slowly, or across the bread and butter of the makers line; never to juice sales of a car that is in short supply or has limited availability such as the RS6.

It would be like Ferrari giving a loyalty discount for buyers of the Enzo; after all, I think you have to be a repeat Ferrari customer just to get in the door on that car. Same with Porsche for the Carrera GT.

I'm not suggesting that the RS6 is the equal of either of these cars, but in an Audi context, it is the top of the performance line, and it would be unreasonable to expect any kind of "loyalty discount on them. I had both my eyes open on this. So should you.

Rally
July 16th, 2003, 03:43
Guess I'm just stupid.
The loyalty discount was applied to my ordered S6 Avant (first month of stateside deliveries) and to the last five Audi purchases I've made.
The loyalty program is not a factory rebate program open to any buyer off the street it's a reward system for a return customer.
I would expect to get the current loyalty discount for any Audi I buy including the RS6. Vehicle supply or delivered price has nothing to do with it.

GoFastKindaGuy
July 16th, 2003, 17:08
My RS6 will be my 5th Audi. I never got a loyalty discount on any of them. Come to think of it, I paid window on all of them except my S6 Avant -- which was sitting on a dealer's floor plan.

Loyalty discounts are intended to reduce field inventory, before it ages, by giving deals to better customers. Then the pipe line gets refilled with new model year vehicles.

Special cars are almost always excluded because they sell without the need for discounts.

Audi cars are joys to us, but they are business machines to the factory and its distribution associates.

...and my "Silver Bullet" is on the boat to America!

:addict:

gmbh6
August 14th, 2003, 09:16
Originally posted by Rally
I read somewhere the current loyalty program did not include the RS6. Anyone get the discount?

actually the only thing my dealer gave me was "the shaft" :vvangry:

but i have my car now :360:

and another dealer has my service business :D

nene
August 14th, 2003, 15:12
I would not go as far as calling yourself 'stupid' rally. But you are barking up the wrong tree.

On a 90G car price, you are complaining about $900. That's like 1% of the purchase price. Is $900 that important to you that is worth all the aggrevation of even thinking about it?

If you were to ask me rally, your question is more of an AudiWorld question. But I assure you, once you have the keys for the RS6 in your hand, and you take the car for a ride, you won't even remember about any crappy loyalty discount. You shouldn't even bother asking such a question considering the car you are getting. Everytime you sit in the 'beast' and let her take you for a ride, you know you will love it, regardless of discount or no discount.

And to answer your question, all RS6 owners are special. Special enough that a discount is not what will help us buy more Audi's in the future if needed!

Finnus
August 14th, 2003, 18:38
your question is more of an AudiWorld question

That's a low blow ...

I didn't get the loyalty program, either, although I asked about it. I did manage to squeeze under the wire on the 2.9% finance program.

Finnus