PDA

View Full Version : Which RS6 is better to buy??

vangelis
June 7th, 2008, 21:14
Hi,

I've got a two offers for 2004 RS6 both with full ABT kit (body kit, engine chip, exahust) at very low mileage (25000KM & 16000 KM) only. I was confused which color will be better to get. I have attached thier photos here to help me :rolleyes: (Misano Red or Mugello Blue) . Btw, the blue one with mileage 16000KM and the red one with 25000KM.

Hope the attachements will work, that is my first post here :)

rubyblack
June 7th, 2008, 22:36
Mugello Blue all the way....:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

classy and less conspicuous..:0:

gregoryindiana
June 8th, 2008, 00:10
The red and blue were my 2 finalists for color. It is a tough choice. I went with the Mugello Blue because I had sold a Guards Red C4S to get the RS6, so I was ready for a change.

If I were in Abu Dhabi, I would hope that my car will be parked inside all the time. Blue will get very hot, even with the sun shades up in the back and the rear sides, and a front windshield reflector inside. Red, I would worry about paint fade, which seems worse with some red cars, though not my old 1986 Audi, which I had for 9 years, and no fade.

Finally, whichever seats are that 2 tone scheme would not be my choice. Some like them, especially the interior folks at Audi. I just don't think that stands the test of time.

DuckWingDuck
June 8th, 2008, 00:58
I agree with gregory (not only because we share a name) but the two tone is for me, more meh.

vangelis
June 8th, 2008, 07:15
Thanks all for your comments, frankly i like the blue as its classy like rubyblack said, but as a very powerfull sports car like this RS6, the Red will be very nice also and eye catching not like the blue which is same like normal cars. what do you think??

I want also to know more about the RS6 as it will be my first Audi to have, I have a bimmer 750IL V12 2000 model individual now and it is a really nice car, I decided to sell and buy this great car RS6 but I want to know more about the pros & cons of this car, please advice. Thanks all again, Its a great website with my regards.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_133209", true); </SCRIPT>

tombs
June 8th, 2008, 11:17
Mmmm, thats a tough choice for some. I prefer the blue but I notice (or it looks like it from the pictures) that the red one has a sunroof.... could be great for cooling down where you live! But both lovely looking cars.

The RS6
June 8th, 2008, 12:23
I like the blue one much more!

Fonzie Audi
June 8th, 2008, 13:46
Blue.
:addict:

mdk
June 8th, 2008, 15:49
Bageli, I vote for the red between these two specific samples, mostly because of the interior.
I don't like the 2-tone interior shade as well (like Gregory); and it's the blue one with the 2 tone.

vangelis
June 8th, 2008, 19:12
Thanksss all for your posts and your help, with all respect for all of you I have decided to buy the Red :rs6kiss:. Its pre-owned certified used in Audi dealer. They offer me one year extended warranty and full service (oil, filters, breakpads...etc) before receive the car with ABT checkup for 44K US$. I believe it is a good offer for such extreme low milage car (25000KM). I love this car, looks soooo powerfull with lovely sounddd :love2:

Thanks all again :thumb:

Boosted-Bora
June 8th, 2008, 19:20
two tone interior is sex

and congrats to you that price is great for such a beautiful car

vangelis
June 8th, 2008, 19:37
Thanksss Boosted :) ,,, wish me luckkk :)

R u RS6 owner also??

Ruergard
June 8th, 2008, 19:39
Well I'd go for the red one, one of the best colours on the RS6 for sure. But either one you choose it's going to bring a big smile on your face everytime you turn the key. And turn som heads.. :hihi:

justinthyme
June 9th, 2008, 08:28
somebody is doing their shopping in abu dhabi i see!!! good luck

justinthyme
June 9th, 2008, 08:31
silly me, i didnt even look at your location. obviously youre doing your shopping in abu dhabi if thats where youre based. anyway i am just up the road, there are quite a few for sale here too. fwiw, go with the blue.

vangelis
June 9th, 2008, 08:43
Hii justinthyme ,, Thanks for your posts, Yeah I'm in Abu Dhabi and I really likes the Blue also,, the choice is very tough. R u in Abu Dhabi too? or in Dubai? do u have an Audi RS6 too??

justinthyme
June 9th, 2008, 08:55
i am in dubai. i have a 2003 rs6 in avus silver. was modified in germany by mtm before it came over here. bear in mind that those cars have been sitting in A&S for a long time, so push them HARD on price. good luck. the car loves the brown strip of highway between AUH and DXB. but you will learn that 160 is not even close to its comfortable cruising speed.

vangelis
June 9th, 2008, 09:52
Woow,, actually I have done 250 KM/h with my V12 BMW 750IL on that highway. But with such powerfull car and specially after that new points systems. I think it will be hard to do it again unless I'm sure that no radar somewhere waiting for me :))) ,, what is the max speed u done by RS6 so far? :) How many BHP ur car?? which Is better ABT tunning or MTM??

justinthyme
June 10th, 2008, 05:22
youre right vangelis, tough to find roads without cameras. not sure exactly what bhp mine is, but on paper (based on the mods) it should be somewhere around 520-530. yours should be around 515 if i remember correctly. as far as top speed goes, i have had mine above 280 on the clock, with plenty more on top. i should point out that this was on the way back from barracuda, so you can assume that the car was FULLY loaded (in fact so much so that the back seats were down - cargo all the way from the trunk to the front seats!!) to make your colour choice a little easier, try and find slightly older cars in similar colours to the two that you are looking at. i think most will agree that red doesn't age very well. the thing i like most about the rs6 is the stealth factor; it is understated. red is as loud as it gets! i still say go for blue - the interior is much nicer too.

vangelis
June 10th, 2008, 16:20
Hi again justinthyme,,I want to know also what is the market price for this car here in UAE? I'm still negotiating with this bloody slaes in A&S here. I'm trying to push them hard to get the best offer, but i need to know the real market price for a nice clean RS6 like this?

justinthyme
June 11th, 2008, 05:15
hi vangelis, difficult to say on price. 04 models are going for anywhere between aed160k and aed175k, but those are all with 3rd part warranties (not very good in the uae). i got mine for a steal so i wont go there. if you can get either of the cars for aed160 with an a&s warranty you are doing well. private sales here are anywhere between aed130k and aed 150k. go with a dealer car if you can - especially if the car is still running drc. you can almost be guaranteed that you will need to change / repair the suspension if it is still running standard suspension. in answer to your previous question regarding mtm vs. abt, i would say it is a matter of choice. i believe abt only has one option, whereas mtm offers quite a bit more. i would however argue that mtm is much better placed to help you out if something goes wrong and also to maintain the car. my advice to you again is to push REALLY hard on the sales guy. you have nothing to lose.

vangelis
June 11th, 2008, 09:30
Thanks a lot justinthyme,, Do you have Audi DVD navigation plus at ur RS6?? The one i'm about to buy does not have it, It is just a Bose Symphony II with 6 CD changer. I found few deals on eBay offering this Audi DVD navigation which is simple to install for around 500-700 US$. I believe it deserve that, will make a real nice look at your car.

Boosted-Bora
June 11th, 2008, 14:26
Thanksss Boosted :) ,,, wish me luckkk :)

R u RS6 owner also??

yes I am bro....here is my car

http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15697

justinthyme
June 11th, 2008, 14:53
yes mine has sat-nav. it is as fully loaded as fully loaded can get. was brought into the country by a vvip. my advice would be to go over to rs246.com and ask about the newer sat-nav setup. the 03 & o4 cars have the rns-d. there is a way of having rns-e, which is better. i dont know how useful sat nav is in the uae though. they change the roads everyday!!! if i believe what my sat nav says, i can tell you that my car is also better than the james bond lotus esprit, because it can swim through the creek. if youve been to dubai recently you will know what i mean. business bay bridge doesn't exist on my map. let me know if you want me to find out if there are any cars around in dubai at the moment. i might be in abu dhabi in the next week, youre welcome to have a go in mine.

DuckWingDuck
June 11th, 2008, 17:06
500-700USD seems to be an exceptionally good deal for an RNS-E. They're typically double the prices you mentioned.

vangelis
June 11th, 2008, 17:44
Veryy nicee car with beautiful rims Boosted :)

justinthyme, That would be greaaat ,, my cell is 050-6868 260 ,, hope to see u here soon,, coooool :)

Boosted-Bora
June 13th, 2008, 14:55
Veryy nicee car with beautiful rims Boosted :)

justinthyme, That would be greaaat ,, my cell is 050-6868 260 ,, hope to see u here soon,, coooool :)

Thanks bro......BTW my name is Drew just so you dont have to call em by my SN :thumb:

vangelis
June 13th, 2008, 16:31
Hi Drew :) ,, I'm Mahmoud, I would like to buy a new Rims like yours. Which brand and size is this? BBS?

Boosted-Bora
June 13th, 2008, 16:36
Hi Drew :) ,, I'm Mahmoud, I would like to buy a new Rims like yours. Which brand and size is this? BBS?

actually no they are DPE the sizes are 19x9.5 all the way around......sent you a PM

GNXJerry
June 18th, 2008, 05:12
Hello Vangelis,

Congratulations on buying the ultimate Audi sedan. I just wanted to send you my thoughts on what you should do to customize it and make it even more special.

I've only dreamed about the RS6 for a few years since test driving one. Unfortunately my dreams are the only place I can drive one. So, again, you are most lucky and fortunate.
Anyhow, I suggest that you customize your RS6 by painting it with the silver contrast to make it look like the SCCA race car, which is your avatar photo.
I've imagined doing that to a street RS6 for some time. It would be really cool and most unique. I don't know if anyone else has done this to theirs. Also , would be
totally awsome if there were body kit or custom built aerodynamics package to make it look just like the race car.

SO, perhaps you will share my vision or anyone else out there who reads this.

Have a great day.

JERRY

vangelis
June 18th, 2008, 10:02
Hi JERRY, you are rightt,, it would be soo nice,, but unfortunately I could not be able to get the red one. It has been sold before paying the down payment. Now i have paid the down payment for the Blue one. It is also very nicee color, ABT tuned, 515BHP, with carbon fiber interior and extremely low mileage 16000KM. Audi still doing their service on the car and it should be ready by next week. I will post the photos once I receive it :)
Thanks for your comments anyway, wish you get one of these :addict: very soon :0: