Clearly.

:noshake:

Rage
June 2nd, 2008, 14:27
Poor guy.

'Please dont hit the wall'
'GODDAMMIT'

Is there such a thing as track insurance??

The Pretender
June 2nd, 2008, 16:53
Stupid people, they all think if they drive a fast car they are racing drivers.
This guy can't drive fast cars, he have no clue wat is happening with the car.
He is clueless about corner speeds.

Jarod.

Rage
June 2nd, 2008, 17:15
Stupid people, they all think if they drive a fast car they are racing drivers.
This guy can't drive fast cars, he have no clue wat is happening with the car.
He is clueless about corner speeds.

Jarod.

Thats kinda harsh man. if you had a car like the R8 and never took it to the track at least once to discover what you had bought i'd say that car was wasted on you. If you believe you could never lose control of a car at a track id say you were arrogant and naive. In essence that accident could happen to any of us.

Erik
June 2nd, 2008, 18:10

Yes, there is.

The Pretender
June 2nd, 2008, 18:37
Thats kinda harsh man. if you had a car like the R8 and never took it to the track at least once to discover what you had bought i'd say that car was wasted on you. If you believe you could never lose control of a car at a track id say you were arrogant and naive. In essence that accident could happen to any of us.
I have took every car i owned to tracks and put them to there limits or over it, but i have never loso control like that.
But i start to think the R8 is a black and white car.
You have grip or you don't, it look like there is nothing in between.

Jarod.

Ti-Mike
June 2nd, 2008, 20:02
I have took every car i owned to tracks and put them to there limits or over it, but i have never loso control like that.
But i start to think the R8 is a black and white car.
You have grip or you don't, it look like there is nothing in between.

Jarod.

Not really, just don't think that it is or acts like a 4 x 4 driven car, and even if the car comes , depend on tires you are using, it comes smooth and still is controllable.
Just don't think, " IT'S A QUATTRO AND THE ELECTRONIC WILL SORT IT OUT " :R8: :R8: :R8:

KresoF1
June 2nd, 2008, 20:56
Fully agree with Mike.

With ESP off R8 requires as Leadie would say RESPECT. You need to learn slowly how to drive R8 fast on the road and specially on the track.

It DO NOT share anything with current Audi models regarding handling, drive dynamics or sheer driver involvment. It is at much higher level then current A5 or S5 for example. R8 is as close as possible in feel to Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 then to ANY current Audi model...

ben916
June 2nd, 2008, 21:49
Poor guy.

'GODDAMMIT'

Yes, its called "don't go to the track because we will cancel your policy" insurance. :hahahehe:

Leadfoot
June 2nd, 2008, 23:42
I feel sorry for the poor/rich guy because no one wants to see someones pride and joy damaged. It was a combination of a few things, too much speed, braking while turning and the weight balance of the R8. The chances of a similar thing happening with an RS4 or other Audi is next to Nil, reason being is the pendulum affect caused by the rear weight bias, once the tail had over stepped the mark he was along for the ride.

Respect is required to driving something with more weight at the rear and it's alien to most of us. The liberties that can be taken with an RS4 is incredible and something that very few cars are capable of.

Audiphile
June 3rd, 2008, 03:07

Well then, if you take a 175,000 USD R8 (with American dealer mark-up) to a track without prior Audi Experience training or some form of course then you are an idiot! No other way to put it. Smash up a Kia first learning to track drive, and then take an exotic out. Not the other way around. The guy is simply another poseur.

ben916
June 3rd, 2008, 05:34
I feel sorry for the poor/rich guy because no one wants to see someones pride and joy damaged. It was a combination of a few things, too much speed, braking while turning and the weight balance of the R8. The chances of a similar thing happening with an RS4 or other Audi is next to Nil, reason being is the pendulum affect caused by the rear weight bias, once the tail had over stepped the mark he was along for the ride.

Respect is required to driving something with more weight at the rear and it's alien to most of us. The liberties that can be taken with an RS4 is incredible and something that very few cars are capable of.

Agreed on the weight bias. Kia or Hyundia isn't gonna cut it...

I would think it would be challenging to "try out" tracking an R8 without it being yours. Can you rent one? Or is there a school out there?

Rage
June 3rd, 2008, 08:40
Well then, if you take a 175,000 USD R8 (with American dealer mark-up) to a track without prior Audi Experience training or some form of course then you are an idiot! No other way to put it. Smash up a Kia first learning to track drive, and then take an exotic out. Not the other way around. The guy is simply another poseur.

Do you know he lacks the necessary experience?
You were able to discern that from just the 20 second clip? If so you must be a pro driver and intimate with that circuit. i'd like to know what formal driver training you have beyond your state drivers license?

rks838
June 4th, 2008, 02:12
I second Rage throughout this thread, very good points. Also, the man is not a "poseur" - what do you claim he is posing as? A race driver? The man crashed his incredibly expensive car, and has the humility to put the video online for the world to see! What could he possibly be posing as?!

In addition, I doubt that attending an Audi Experience event will make you a crash-proof track driver. I haven't been to one, but these events are about marketing, not producing great amateur drivers.