PDA

View Full Version : Trying to measure my intake temps

peiserg
May 31st, 2008, 06:22
whats the block on the vag com for that?
I have aquamist water injection now. I'd like to see the temp diff.

grizz
May 31st, 2008, 09:05
I think it's on block 118, Boost pressure control.
1/ rmp 2/ intake temp 3/ n75 duty 4/boost pressure .

Ihope this helps. grizz

skiwi
May 31st, 2008, 23:23
interesting, i don't have 118 on my car.

on my ecu, block 11 gives intake temps.
field 1: engine speed, 2: coolant temperature, 3: intake air temperature, and 4: ignition timing

peiserg
May 31st, 2008, 23:43
and how do i save it, and view datalogging from earlier on the same record?

I datalogged my nsx, but couldn't figure out how to save the log, nor could i get the screen to "slide to the left" so I could view my info from 5 minutes ago on the same record.

grizz
June 1st, 2008, 07:17
Take a look t this page .

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/tour/logging.html

itchingtogo
June 7th, 2008, 15:51
Do you have any photos of the install? Would love to hear how much it helps.

skiwi
June 7th, 2008, 21:56
it's just software, and good software at that - well worth the price. no mac version though...

itchingtogo
June 8th, 2008, 00:11
Is just software?

DuckWingDuck
June 8th, 2008, 00:55
From what I understand, the vagcom software is free but you gotta spend $$ for the interface cable.

skiwi
June 8th, 2008, 02:00
sorry i should have been more clear. the software is just that, but you need to invest in a cable to conect your pc to the car. there are a number of options available from ross-tech, the best have a donge which means they license the software automatically - otherwise you have to license separately. i have the usb model which works very well - serial ports are increasingly hard to find on notebooks these days....

if you are interested in the innards of your car, it is well worth the money - hell it's about as much as a tank of gas!

you also should invest in the bentley manual - ignore audi's outrageously expensive erwin...

grizz
June 8th, 2008, 08:22
Get a vag com lead , it's the best thing you will ever get. Allows dealer level diagnostic on your lap top .

itchingtogo
June 8th, 2008, 15:50
whats the block on the vag com for that?
I have aquamist water injection now. I'd like to see the temp diff.

I would love to hear details of your install as I was considering one as it gets hot down here. Any pictures?

PS sorry for the confusion, but the Ross Tech is the way to go.

peiserg
June 8th, 2008, 16:36
well the install was top notch. other than the water resovoir, it's totally stealthy.

I'm thinking of remaking the water container because it's a little too "in my face" when i open the trunk.

I'll post pics soon.

My tech did put the nozzles pre-intercooler. I pointed out the links to qhere aquamist states post intercooler is better, but he's concerned with heat soak from the engine radiators. He did say he'd put in larger nozzles and one pre-throttle body for me if i wanted...which of course i do.

It does seem like the car is at full power all the time now...and it's 100F!

so i guess it's working! i'll try to log temps and give the news. i'll post pics soon.