PDA

View Full Version : Warm Weather Package

nene
July 14th, 2003, 16:48
Has anyone ordered their RS6 with the Warm Weather Package?
That includes power rear and manual side window sunshades, as well as solar sunroof.
Even though I live in the Northeast USA (Boston), I ordered this package.

andyp
July 14th, 2003, 16:55
Nene,

I ordered the warm weather package. My M5 had the side and rear shades and aux. ventilation ... I figured the Audi solar option was even better because it wont drain the battery. My car often spends many hours parked in the sun while I am at work and this package will certainly make the inside more pleasant, especially if you order the black interior as I did. The only downside is that you can't see through the sunroof but that's not much of a sacrifice to me.

Andy

andyp
July 14th, 2003, 16:57
Some of the M5 boys decided not to get the shades in favor of darker tint ... anybody taking this route?

RS6FEVR
July 14th, 2003, 17:01
:cheers: NENE
I ordered my misano red with the solar package due to the fact that the car will be spending a fair amount of time in the Tucson area during the horrible midwest Chicago winters. I'm looking forward to it. I agree with andyp that the "glass" sunroof absence will not be too much to adjust to. I usually like the sun roof open in the evenings no matter my locale so it will work out fine for me. If anybody who has taken delivery of their car with the option, I'd like to hear the impressions, and hopefully, I'll also report mine in a week or so when I'm supposed to take delivery. :D :D

:addict: FEVR :addict:

Sorry nene, just read your other post on delivery. I'd very much like to hear your impression of the solar/hot weather package.

jimmy94507
July 15th, 2003, 03:37
I also ordered the warm weather package, for the same reasons - Sitting in the sun a lot and grandson riding in the back seat. Had a test drive in the new A8L yesterday with this option and can live without the see thru roof panel for the convenience of nicely integrated rear shades.

Regards, Jim

JP4
July 15th, 2003, 06:21
I had the warm weather package in my 2000 4.2 and liked it enough that I ordered my RS6 with it too. Makes the vehicle much easier to get into when it's been sitting out in the hot sun for a while with the windows closed. The shades pamper the occupants and the interior surfaces from the harmful effects of the sun. FWIW...the shades and the solar sun roof never malfunctioned during the 3.5 years I had the 4.2.

JP4 :addict:

Benman
July 15th, 2003, 15:47
in so cal i thought this option would be a must have so mine will be coming with it as well:cheers:

Ben:addict:

andyp
July 15th, 2003, 16:04
Every now and again you'll get some fellow motorist who didn't appreciate the fact that you went past him and then moves to your back bumper flashing his lights ... I find this to be an excellent time to raise the rear shade and hit the gas ... totally snubs the guy :byeM5:

RS6FEVR
July 15th, 2003, 16:41
:cheers: andyp
Cool usage andy (roflmao), can't wait to try it! :D :D :D
:addict: FEVR :addict:

nene
July 15th, 2003, 20:03
Love the multi-usage capabilities of the Warm Weather Package. I was not sure I was really going to need it, but the fact that it just simply screams 'LUXURY', I felt it was worth it.

By the looks of it, it seems that most US customers chose a lot of identical options. The color probably end up being the only option.