PDA

View Full Version : my RS 6 is DONE!!!

Benman
July 14th, 2003, 15:53
WOW, just received an email from Anette at quattro GmbH (the lady that gave me my tour) that MY RS 6 IS DONE!!!:cheers:

it has completed ALL Milestones (DISPITE what the journey page says!) and will be shipped tomorrow!!!. now the REAL test. everyone says how bad AOA has been, but now i will know for sure how long AOA takes to get my car to me.

if AOA is monitoring this forum, GOOD. i WANT them to know that i'm aware of the fact that my car is DONE and on it's way!!:bow:

there will be NO bull crap that other members experienced like the car was shipped and now it's back at Germany. nope, my RS6 is on it's way home boys!!! according to Anette and quattro, it should only take 3 weeks tops to reach stateside (but knowing the experience of the other members it will probably take ANOTHER month after that!) at least now we'll ALL know for sure wether AOA is really as bad as everyone has made them out to be. ahhh... my baby is on his way home...:cheers:

Ben:addict:

RS6FEVR
July 14th, 2003, 16:18
:bang: :bang: Ben!!!
That's terrific news. Nice that Quattro notified you (I've received one email from them during the whole process on status :mad:. That little tour you took paid off! A minor correction there however, I think that MS7 has something to do with stateside prep, no? LOL :p
Can't wait to get mine to the dealer too (in spite of the site saying I'm still at 5, my dealer says the boat that's carrying my baby is two days out of Houston). I think I'll do what Bill is doing when I know mines going to be delivered the dealer for prep work. Just go down and kind of hang out and watch for the truck to deliver the baby! Keep us informed Ben, keeps up my/our interest for sure.
:addict: FEVR :addict:

nene
July 14th, 2003, 16:36
That is great news.

On similar news, my RS6 is here too, and it's all prep'd up. Took it out for the fun test drive a couple of days ago. I have to admit that the sound of the sport exhaust almost made me cream my pants.
Finance is now going through. I should have her in my hands in a couple of days.

I got calls from my dealership many times. I did not have to call them, they called me on the status and all.
AoA always sent me e-mails about the car's status/stages. I found them to be about 3-4 days behind. From the time the dealership called with news, AoA would send an e-mail out to me about 3-4 days later.

Car is smashing (no pun intended).

Finnus
July 14th, 2003, 16:37
Congrats, Ben!

I suspect that yours is going to proceed more smoothly than the early ones (AKA mine!@&*@!!!). Hopefully, we've blazed a trail for others to follow smoothly.

Finnus

:cheers:

Benman
July 14th, 2003, 18:09
hey guys:D

will shall soon see and i'll keep you posted:cheers:

but jeez Finnus, you BETTER get yours before mine, your cars ALLREADY in the states!!!:cheers:

Bauer
July 14th, 2003, 18:40
I am very intrested to find out if AoA can get it straight after the first round of mess ups(window stickers and all). The time from milestone 1 to 7 from what I understand takes about 2 1/2 months....is that the general consensus? My car seems to be stuck in milestone one for over a month????? It will probably show up in milestone 6 right off.

Bennman congrats....I hope you get your car ASAP so that you may tell the rest of us poor saps waiting for our cars how good it is. The stories and videos are the only thing keeping me going.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4 modified
03 RS6 ordered

Finnus
July 14th, 2003, 21:37
Ben,

Guess what showed up at my dealer's 10 minutes ago? I'll give you a hint: it's not the RS 6 toaster oven. LOL It's my RS6!

I'm going to go visit my baby tonight & figure out when I can take delivery. I can't believe its finally (& really) here!!!

Finnus

:cheers:
:addict: :addict: :addict:

Benman
July 14th, 2003, 21:43
AHHH... VERY nice to hear Finnus:cheers: :cheers: :addict:

i'm very happy for you. now you just have to change your sig from "very impatiently awaiting delivery" to
"very impatiently awaitng to DRIVE HOME!!!":cheers:

jconley
July 14th, 2003, 21:59
Looks like we are going to have a good week boys :) My dealer is telling me thursday or friday for me!!!

RS6FEVR
July 14th, 2003, 22:07
:cheers: New Drivers/Owners Finnus & J
Got to feel good that the waiting is finally concluding. Great news for you guys and let's hope the flow continues. :bang: :bang:
My dealer said that AOA gave them lots of info today and it would seem that most of the arrival issues have been accommodated. Now get those photo's and impressions started and posted. We need a photo gallery commencement! :p :p

m3nacefl
July 15th, 2003, 00:49
Damn, I envy you guys...I've been reading and anticipating the RS6 for quite some time now...I'm a bit disappointed with the direction that BMW is going with their current designs...however, the V10 M5 will promise over 500 bhp...I only wish it was aesthetically pleasing to the eye...damn you chris bangle!!!

I hope you guys enjoy what to me is one incredible car:addict: :cheers:

although, an E55 AMG or CL 55 AMG wouldn't be bad either:D
the grass seems to be eternally greener on the other side:incar:

K04
July 15th, 2003, 01:07
:alig: yeah i just saw that my RS6 is on its way state side as well iam very excited i will be going home in two weeks for a few days so iam planning on if all things go well and iam there long enough i will be able to pick it up and drive it back up to NH with me.

eph94
July 15th, 2003, 01:18
Still in PRE-PRODUCTION. Ho hum... :cry:

Benman
July 15th, 2003, 02:28
jconley: great news!!:cheers:

as for the rest of the guys out there, THEY'RE COMING:bow:

jimmy94507
July 15th, 2003, 02:43
RS6FEVER, Your car and mine appear to be on the same ship. Left Emden on 6/27 and my dealer told me yesterday it was expected to arrive in Houston on 7/17. I hope the tropical storm headed for the Gulf doesn't mess up the ship's arrival!

Finnus, congratulations on your car's arrival. I hope the next couple of days go fast for you!

Regards, Jim

Finnus
July 15th, 2003, 02:46
Went down and saw the Beast tonight. It looked and sounded AWSOME!!! They wouldn't let me take it for a test drive because the electronics weren't hooked up yet. :bang:

The latest on why my car was held up was that in addition to the window sticker and oil F-ups, mine was missing a manual. Can you believe that they would hold up a car for an F-ing manual??? So they were delivering all of these other cars while mine waited for a manual. :bang: :bang: :byeM5: :bang: :flamed: to you know who!

Anyways, its here, I should pick it up tomorrow, and the torture is over. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

RS6FEVR
July 15th, 2003, 16:51
:cheers: Finnus - Finally!!!
I know it's been he77, but the journey is 99% done! :D :D :D
Can't believe that the manual, sticker and oil thing screwed this up that bad? :vsad2: :vsad2: At least you'll be driving this weekend though and that's a very good thing! :bow:

Hey jimmy94507, congrats on yours coming too. I sure hope that storm doesn't mess up Houston too bad. Looks like they'll probably just get a good deal of rain at this point. Fingers are crossed for both of us and those unknowns additionally on the boat. :cool2:

GoFastKindaGuy
July 16th, 2003, 17:19
It is going to get lonesome out here when all these toys are delivered. Please come back and share the joy.

:incar: