PDA

View Full Version : Sliding RS6 on Paul Ricard

Michaël Barbé
May 22nd, 2008, 15:19
Don't know it's a repost or not:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=1SRdoPMU36o&feature=related

Tiff N said that they would be thrown of if they did any sidaways-stuff. Well, look at EVO-magazine! I know it's not a really quick way to go around the track but it shows the difference between quattro 50-50 and 40-60 I think. Enjoy, if you've never seen it before. Otherwise: wel enjoy too

MB
:rs6kiss:

itchingtogo
May 22nd, 2008, 21:52
Where do I get one of those 40-60 thingy's for my c5? :confused:

Rage
May 23rd, 2008, 00:13

No point. The car virtually comes to a standstill at some slides. AWD is not meant to slide (on tarmac at least)

chewym
May 23rd, 2008, 06:50
I prefer this video, you can hear the V10 much better and see some nice RS6 action.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=gzhwJTyV-Hk&feature=related

itchingtogo
May 23rd, 2008, 15:32
Seems to work for the R8:R8kiss:

Michaël Barbé
May 23rd, 2008, 15:37
I know a 4WD is not for sliding but I prefer the 40:60 quattro-systeme!
btw: that's how 50:50's go sideways: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=PK01Ms55J00
(really SIDEways)

MB

BLITZEN
May 23rd, 2008, 17:49
Both those vids were pretty lame IMHO. Why make a video of what a crappy driver you are? I can't wait until The Stig or Tiff drives one of these. I'd like to see someone who has the talent to push the car to the edge, not just another joe-blow magazine writer.

:race:

skiwi
May 24th, 2008, 07:13

basically, no. the 60:40 torsen diff is a completely different concept than the one in our cars. the 60:40 (torsen "c") has a planetary gear set so that the torque split is 60:40 all the time, until the diff unlocks. our earlier versions of the diff have a nominal 50:50 split, but basically the diff is locked in normal operation. the effect of this is that the torque split is basically the same split as the weight distrubution of the car, i.e. 60:40 front. this is the static torque bias, although it will change according to road conditions, up to when the diff unlocks. this is why the effect of the planetary torsens is more pronounced that you'd expect...

what you can do is get a modified torsen for our fitting, one that allows a higher "bias ratio" i.e. the differentce in torque between the 2 output shafts. this has the effect of reducing understeer and improving cornering performance... champion ran this setup with the racing rs6's during the 1st season, and sells the mod....

hope that makes sense....

Michaël Barbé
May 24th, 2008, 10:46
Both those vids were pretty lame IMHO. Why make a video of what a crappy driver you are? I can't wait until The Stig or Tiff drives one of these. I'd like to see someone who has the talent to push the car to the edge, not just another joe-blow magazine writer.

:race:

Tiff did drive it on 5th gear. Video was posted here. But he didn't got the oportunity to push it to the edge.

MB

Silvant
May 26th, 2008, 23:34
he is horrible with the scando flick.... embarrassing for him, i would think..

Michaël Barbé
May 27th, 2008, 07:29
he is horrible with the scando flick.... embarrassing for him, i would think..

What's a scando flick?

MB

Speedou
May 27th, 2008, 10:27
Heh, and you call that sliding :)

Erik
May 27th, 2008, 11:27
What's a scando flick?

MB

Scandinavian flick.

Try google. :)

itchingtogo
May 27th, 2008, 15:28
basically, no. the 60:40 torsen diff is a completely different concept than the one in our cars. the 60:40 (torsen "c") has a planetary gear set so that the torque split is 60:40 all the time, until the diff unlocks. our earlier versions of the diff have a nominal 50:50 split, but basically the diff is locked in normal operation. the effect of this is that the torque split is basically the same split as the weight distrubution of the car, i.e. 60:40 front. this is the static torque bias, although it will change according to road conditions, up to when the diff unlocks. this is why the effect of the planetary torsens is more pronounced that you'd expect...

what you can do is get a modified torsen for our fitting, one that allows a higher "bias ratio" i.e. the differentce in torque between the 2 output shafts. this has the effect of reducing understeer and improving cornering performance... champion ran this setup with the racing rs6's during the 1st season, and sells the mod....

hope that makes sense....

Glad to here there is a mod but would not the expanded ratio make a bad thing worse or does it give it breathing room to to get better when it can?

Michaël Barbé
May 28th, 2008, 07:42
Heh, and you call that sliding :)

You don't think that you can call that sliding mate? To do that in 4WD is pretty amazing. So yeah, I call this sliding

MB

Michaël Barbé
May 28th, 2008, 07:45
Scandinavian flick.

Try google. :)

Ok, I got it. Watched Tiff:)

MB

Silvant
May 28th, 2008, 07:51
You don't think that you can call that sliding mate? To do that in 4WD is pretty amazing. So yeah, I call this sliding

MB

nah man... it's really not very "amazing" to do this... what is amazing that with all the torque this car has, he cant complete or execute what he's trying to do... and still posts the video....
honestly, his skills are embarassing for him.. he just doesnt seem to know it.
:nana:

Speedou
May 28th, 2008, 09:51
I really don't know is the problem in driver or in the car. (Normally EVO drivers are VERY good.) But anyway even MR. CSL driver did show much better slides on ring in old RS6 ;)

skiwi
May 28th, 2008, 11:03
Glad to here there is a mod but would not the expanded ratio make a bad thing worse or does it give it breathing room to to get better when it can?

basically a higher-bias torsen allows there to be a wider torque split between front and rear. the normal torsen only allows a 2:1 ratio, thus you will get at least 33% of torque to the fronts at all times. sometimes this is a disadvantage (think corner exit).

the higher bias model that stasis offers is a 7:1 unit (i.e. you can get 88% rearwards, or frontwards)...

in cornering fast, on entry fwd is an advantage (braking), the mid corner needs an equal torque split, and corner exit rwd. the normal torsen does this of course, but within the limits of the bias ratio. the high bias torsen provides more of each effect (except mid-corner of course).

apologies, i referred to champion racing in my earlier post, it was stasis, and it is statis that offer the mod.

Michaël Barbé
May 28th, 2008, 13:09
I just think the is trying to drive the RS6 like a RWD. That's what I'm trying to say: it's not supreme driving but it show what the RS6 can do (on base of sliding).

MB