PDA

View Full Version : Pricing of the RS6

rsjoe
July 12th, 2003, 16:05
The dealer would not budge on the sticker price of the car. He even had two other prospects at the dealership waiting to see if I was going to commit. He even went as far as saying that he was 99.9% sure that if I turned the car back in 6 months with less than 6 thousand miles he could "almost" guarantee invoice level payback. Of course he wouldn't put that in writing. The RS6 is overpriced and as I suspected this is a marketing ploy by AOA to gain credibility and movement into the upper tier(BMW & MB) in the hearts and minds of us "dumb" consumers. The RS6 is unique regarding having an automatic transmission and fun factor at this level. In fact if you mated an M5 and E55 the resulting spawn would be simililar to an RS6. Realistically the RS6 should be priced a couple thousand less than the E55 mainly due to the interior deficiencies mentioned in my other post. The final decision as to which car may be decided on the average length and traffic conditions you face daily. IMO if most of your driving are trips over an hour in length then the E55 is clearly the best choice because of comfort considerations and pricing. If your driving is mostly local and you like to "play" then the RS6 offers some unique driving experiences even at an artificially bloated price.