PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warranty on 2003 RS6

ssaylor
May 20th, 2008, 15:16
I am considering the purchase of a well maintained 2003 RS6 with 52K miles but the factory warranty has expired. I remember reading (somewhere) that you can get an Audi extended warranty - for a car with an expired factory warranty - if the car passes inspection at the Audi dealership. However, the dealership that performed the all the maintenance on this car knows nothing about this. Was this just wishful thinking?

DuckWingDuck
May 20th, 2008, 16:11
As always, search is your friend on these matters which have been covered exhaustively. There are different levels and types of extended warranty that you can get, be it from Audi or a Third Party Provider (such as Fidelity). it seems to me that you're thinking about buying the car from a dealership? If so, why aren't they CPO'ing the car? A Certified Pre-Own vehicle means that Audi will further cover the vehicle up to 100,000 mile (not maintenance).

The name to mention to your dealership is, Audi Pure Protection: http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/FinancialServices/Vehicle_Protection.html

Cheers.

ssaylor
May 20th, 2008, 16:24
the car is not a CPO car but the
warranty is offered by Audi (audi
assured? Silver, gold, Something
like that). As explained to me, Audi
inspects the car, performs any
maintenance that needs to be done,
then the extended warranty can be
purchased. Looking to speak to someone
who has gone through this process.

I'll try search again. Thanks for you're
reply.

DuckWingDuck
May 20th, 2008, 16:49
Try contacting Fidelity, who are the actual administrator of the Audi Pure Protection or Audi Assured, it might be slightly cheaper but I suspect the process would roughly be the same.