PDA

View Full Version : KW V3's: tips and settings

LU-RS6
May 18th, 2008, 02:11
Hi guys,

Had kw V3's installed last Friday. Driving experience on flat roads is much better, steering feels directer and had less bodyroll.

However, as I'm currently still doing many miles with this car, also in countries where the road conditions aren't all that good, I need it alot softer. Currently it is very hard and bumpy, so I am guessing the settings are not all that suitable for me. I mean, I bet it would kick ass on the Nordschleife, but on the daily roads, I can't have this hardness. That will be something for 2009 when I'm planning to turn this baby into a little project.

Is it also possible the hardness I experience is partly coming from the top mounts?
Instructed the mechanics to change all rubbers, maybe not a bad idea after 185.000km.

Thanks for all tips, tricks, settings etc.

Hy Octane
May 20th, 2008, 08:02
Arent these adjustable for ride firmness?

LU-RS6
May 20th, 2008, 08:37
Arent these adjustable for ride firmness?

They are, but I wanted to check what other's people settings are.

Speedou
May 23rd, 2008, 19:46
There is some standard settings on KW web page. Then you can start adjusting those for you.

Mr Balsen
May 23rd, 2008, 21:32
Once, a customer asked to change the original set up (MTM-KW V3). It was a bad idea !!! We brought back everything to the original set up !

Since then, I don't want to change anything on this set up.

Frederic

Speedou
May 23rd, 2008, 21:34
I would still say that every customer need own setups IF they know what they wants.

HeadShot
October 21st, 2008, 19:43
Have been looking at different set ups for awhile.. trying to find any detailed settings is tricky. Anyway came across this today ... seems helpful.
http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=73478&sid=a3d1566487cfb9746ce32bf121e444b0

DHall1
October 21st, 2008, 20:48
To some extent the nature of how "stiff" these feel will come down to the spring rate of each corner.

The spring rate will determine the ride level and compression for every given impact.

The Bump and Rebound setting will determine how much compression and rebound cushion will be applied in each direction.

The link to RS246 above is a good starting point. Lessen the settings for bump and rebound and give it a try.

DuckWingDuck
October 21st, 2008, 21:18
I have mine at "stock" meaning no adjustment whatsoever from the factory. I'm assuming that they leave them at the "medium" setting. For me, it's actually a bit soft however will be getting the hotchkis installed and I think with that stiffness, I will be right where I want it.