PDA

View Full Version : RS6.COM window stickers??

cornishmoocher
May 17th, 2008, 10:18
I have seen on other sites window stickers advertising the forum, how about one for RS6.com?

logistically it would be quite hard to do, but not beyond the realms of possibility.

We could run a competion to choose the design, with the winner recieving his sticker for free and name on the bottom of it etc.

we could ask for one person in each country to distribute to his fellow members, with one main supplier sending them to him.

All suggestions welcomed.

Also a poll to see if you think it is a good idea. Maybe Erik can move it to the front board as it is for all. Also maybe a good way for helping Erik run the Site.

Cheers

Alex

AndyBG
May 17th, 2008, 12:14
Honestly, I had that idea long ago..., I voted yes.

DuckWingDuck
May 17th, 2008, 15:49
hell ya!!

Ruergard
May 17th, 2008, 16:18
Count me in! I ain't running an RS6, but I'd love to show this great board to other Audi-nuts!

BigRick
May 17th, 2008, 16:56
Sure but the logo would definitely need some revamp...

Anyone good at photoshop can give us a hint of what could be the result!

Cheers

Rage
May 17th, 2008, 17:44
I voted yes but i wouldnt stick it to a brand new RS5/TTR. Would just have it on my current day-to-day beater.

cornishmoocher
May 17th, 2008, 19:07
This is the real issue, The site deals with ALL VAG cars. This is why the poll is a good thing.
we may need to put a tag line on the sticker, like "International Audi forum", but that is up for discussion, if it is deemed a good idea, and ultimately if Erik Allows it!

I don't mind doing the leg work and getting the stickers done should it go ahead, or even distributing them for that matter.

The Poll will run for two weeks, after that if it is a good idea, then we need to get Eriks permission to do it, and then set about designing a Logo. etc. But one step at a time!

Audiphile
May 17th, 2008, 19:23
Who voted no? Seriously, who ever did is a downer. To take it one step further, we should develop regional gatherings around the world (or anyway where there is alot of us) for GTGs, Drives, and pair up with other big Audi GTGs like SoCal vs. NorCal Euro annual event. It is time to sort of become an organization. Generate some funds though ads placed on the site. What do you think Ben and other moderators?

Michaël Barbé
May 17th, 2008, 21:40
I'm very sorry but I think it's to 'amateur'... It's a pretty small board and the logo is nog really attractive. I think it's just cool it's nice and cosy with only the true fans. I understand you are proud of the board but I also wouldn't stick it on a brand new RS or S model. And to stick it on a A(2-8), now that's just rediculous... And if you ain't gonna stick it on your beast, where to stick it? Your wallet?...

Hate me for it but that's my opinion. No prob if you don't share it.

The downer

MB
:rs6kiss:

cornishmoocher
May 17th, 2008, 21:59
I'm very sorry but I think it's to 'amateur'... It's a pretty small board and the logo is nog really attractive. I think it's just cool it's nice and cosy with only the true fans. I understand you are proud of the board but I also wouldn't stick it on a brand new RS or S model. And to stick it on a A(2-8), now that's just rediculous... And if you ain't gonna stick it on your beast, where to stick it? Your wallet?...

Hate me for it but that's my opinion. No prob if you don't share it.

The downer

MB
:rs6kiss:

All opinions very welcome.

It is about shownig support to Erik and the other guys, I have already donated to him for running the site, and lets say the stickers are a couple of bucks each, not much to help keep a really informative forum running, that we all use for FREE. It is one way of generating income without going into corperate sponsership, because as some of the Uk members know, there be Dragons!!

And thats my opinion.:thumb:

Erik
May 19th, 2008, 09:04
Thanks for your contribution cornishmoocher!

I did some RS6.com stickers maybe 2-3 years ago. Indeed time for new ones, however I have no good contacts to make them. Please feel free to help.

S6driver
May 19th, 2008, 14:43
Its very easy to produce a couple hundred stickers with whatever you want on it. There are several companies who do it, and you can find them on the internets or the back of Rolling Stone mag.

cornishmoocher
May 20th, 2008, 23:36
Thanks for that, will check it out

HeadShot
May 21st, 2008, 03:31
I know a guy... does t-shirts and stickers. Its his business. Before you lock down a dealer lets get the design nailed down / size etc and i can see about a price. He has cut me some sweet deals in the past.

cornishmoocher
May 21st, 2008, 04:56
Great stuff!

I was going to let the poll run till the end, then suggest a small comp to design the sticker?

roadrunner
May 21st, 2008, 09:38
I'm in on the stickers - probably would not put them on my Avant (have NO stickers at all on the car),

but it is a way to show Erik some gratitude :thumb: for starting & still running the best Audi forum (knowledge, international views - not Euro or US centric, an Audi crazy crowd :cheers: ) on the world wide web.

cheers
seb.

Erik
May 21st, 2008, 10:25
I was going to let the poll run till the end

Do you think the poll will change dramatically at all? :D ;)

cornishmoocher
May 21st, 2008, 21:01
Do you think the poll will change dramatically at all? :D ;)

Nope.

I even think Michael will have one!:jlol:

cornishmoocher
May 21st, 2008, 23:00
I'm in on the stickers - probably would not put them on my Avant (have NO stickers at all on the car),

but it is a way to show Erik some gratitude :thumb: for starting & still running the best Audi forum (knowledge, international views - not Euro or US centric, an Audi crazy crowd :cheers: ) on the world wide web.

cheers
seb.

This is the idea!!

Whether you stick the sticker on your Audi, your living room window, your laptop, your suitcase, it matters not, hell you could even stick it on your M5:rotflmao: !!!!!!!!!!

Its about support for this great site.

cornishmoocher
May 22nd, 2008, 17:50
Ok guy's,

Lets move it on a bit, lets see if we can come up with a logo, I am afraid this is where I will fall over as I am crap at this, although I do feel that it should definately say something like www.RS6.COM (http://www.RS6.COM)- The International Performance Audi forum.
So come on guy's get creative!

Cheers Alex!

Rudi
May 22nd, 2008, 21:01
I will have one 4 sure :rs6kiss:

+44 Dave
May 22nd, 2008, 23:29
I wouldn't put it on the A8. But i think i'd put one in the rear window or perhaps the side boot window of the RS6. Depends on what size and how loud it is.

cornishmoocher
May 23rd, 2008, 02:07
Most that I ahve seen for the other sites have been maybe 2" high and about 6-8 inches long. Not Loud or in your face.

But again, it is up for discussion, could be round, square, or oblong, the winner chosen by poll?

BigRick
May 23rd, 2008, 02:41
As I already said we need photoshopers to get active...

I simply have not talent in graphical design or logoing but I would definitely get a sticker when one is ready.

cornishmoocher
May 23rd, 2008, 03:13
Ok guy's this my first attempt at doing anything like this so forgive me!

Obviously on a sticker the background would be transparent.

Erik
May 23rd, 2008, 06:51
I would suggest removing the 4 rings to avoid trouble, as a starter ;)

cornishmoocher
May 23rd, 2008, 07:23
Is that a legal thing Erik?

Without the rings

Do you think we could request some "design" help from the other boards on RS6.com,.? I know in RSX there is a guy who PS brilliantly!

roadrunner
May 23rd, 2008, 14:45

Without the rings

Do you think we could request some "design" help from the other boards on RS6.com,.? I know in RSX there is a guy who PS brilliantly!

Looks good - unfortunalety I'm not of a big help logo wise, but what strikes me with the slogan: it does not come of the tongue easily, when you know what i mean.

Would skip the international and forum - they will find out by going to the url and it is shorter, more merorable

just some brainstorming:

Power 4 Audi (or Power for Audi)
Audi power
Performance Audi
Audi Performance
Home for the Beast

maybe we can spin these a little to get the one motto, that captures the essence of RS6.com, but is not too long.

cheers
seb.

Erik
May 23rd, 2008, 15:53

Without the rings

Yes and yes. :)

cornishmoocher
May 23rd, 2008, 16:01
These are only suggestions!

Lets build on roadrunners suggestions

Please, lets have your suggestions for a tag line. It needs to say that its not JUST RS6's, but ALL performance Audi.

JavierNuvolari
May 23rd, 2008, 16:11
Awesome!!! I would rock that stiker badly, plus I would probably be the only guy in Chile to own one :P.

As for the desin I propose the same one that is on the upper left corner of the forum, it's simple and it is representative of the forum.

Great idea cornishmoocher:cheers:

cornishmoocher
May 24th, 2008, 16:51
Looks good - unfortunalety I'm not of a big help logo wise, but what strikes me with the slogan: it does not come of the tongue easily, when you know what i mean.

Would skip the international and forum - they will find out by going to the url and it is shorter, more merorable

just some brainstorming:

Power 4 Audi (or Power for Audi)
Audi power
Performance Audi
Audi Performance
Home for the Beast

maybe we can spin these a little to get the one motto, that captures the essence of RS6.com, but is not too long.

cheers
seb.

These arge great seb.

Add your sugestions to the bottom of the list guy's (cut and paste) The we can get a poll going to choose the best one!

AuditudeA642
May 24th, 2008, 17:30
http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/137183/rs6_logo.jpg

cornishmoocher
May 24th, 2008, 17:40
Excellent!

may have to lose the rings tho, Erik is worried about legal issues!

More more more!

Thanks

cornishmoocher
May 24th, 2008, 17:42
This is the only RS6 logo I can find, and I am not smart enough to design my own!

Different tag line

AuditudeA642
May 24th, 2008, 17:45
http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/137183/rs6_logo_2.jpg

cornishmoocher
May 24th, 2008, 17:48
Brilliant!!

Com'on the rest of ya!

AuditudeA642
May 24th, 2008, 17:51
give me some ideas and i'll make some more

cornishmoocher
May 24th, 2008, 18:30
Same logo different tag line

Barry
May 24th, 2008, 22:01
I would not put the Sticker on my RS6 - it's totally de-badged anyway - I like my Cars, like my Wife with nothing On.

However I do like; " MY OTHER CAR IS AN RS6 " ......... RS6 .com

Here in the UK there are too many Boy Racer Micky Mouse Modded Cars with Stickers WWW. ......................... for their Boy Racer Forums.

Think about it, if you have a Trabant or a Veyron the Sticker would look Good in the rear window of your other car.

Barry - Daytona Avant

cornishmoocher
May 25th, 2008, 00:14
Good point Barry.

I know what oyu mean about the boy racers. I think the idea was an understated sticker, like the car!

I will see if I can knock one up to see how it looks.

cornishmoocher
May 25th, 2008, 00:22
Is this what you had in mind Barry??

cornishmoocher
May 25th, 2008, 04:35
:vhmmm: The only problem with that one is, that the site deals with ALL performance Audis:vhmmm:

cornishmoocher
May 25th, 2008, 09:15
Hmm, not sure about this one, quite like it, but it does not say "all marques of Audi"

cornishmoocher
May 25th, 2008, 09:21
Not Really The Essence Of The Sticker, But I Couldn't Resist It!

cornishmoocher
May 26th, 2008, 06:11
Another 1

Barry
May 26th, 2008, 07:10
Hi Moocher,

My Other Car is an RS6 ................ RS6.com

with RS6 being in the logo form with the red rectangle, as you have it above.

Do not need the word Audi and not concerned by the other models covered on the site ( No disrespect Erik ) - RS6 is what we are about, it is one of the premier Audi Marks - For a long time it has been the Sizzle of the Sausage for Audi and if you like what the car represents you will be drawn to the site.

On a side issue - Why "Cornish Moocher" - a Moocher is one that looks and ferretts about - I have this impression that you are down in Cornwall spending your time Ferretting about looking in Ladies Nickers - Explain Please?

Barry - Daytona Avant

cornishmoocher
May 26th, 2008, 07:31
Me? Ferret? look in ladies Knickers! NEVER!!:blush: :D

cornishmoocher
May 27th, 2008, 12:13
This is a different one, what do you think??

DuckWingDuck
May 27th, 2008, 16:16
hahhaah, I think I like the others better but this is pretty good! Very imaginative.

cornishmoocher
May 27th, 2008, 16:20
I thought it might appeal to the more "refined" user:jlol:

ben916
May 27th, 2008, 17:12
This is a different one, what do you think??

My first intial statement was f@#$ no! ('Sorry, did I say that out loud?')

Isn't that an exclusive image from Walt Disney? Surely we don't want Disney lawyers hunting down 'moocher... or RS6.com...

Any lawyers on the site?

cornishmoocher
May 27th, 2008, 17:21
I found it on the inter web your honour, and I have never heard of walter who-sne??!!

It was really a joke......!

ben916
May 27th, 2008, 17:35
I found it on the inter web your honour, and I have never heard of walter who-sne??!!

It was really a joke......!

No problemo!

What if you/we/someone where to incorporate the four Audi rings into the sticker?

I agree on RS6 specific info on sticker....

Erik
May 27th, 2008, 18:31
I like honesty, so I'll be honest.

I don't like any of them :)

cornishmoocher
May 27th, 2008, 19:21
I like honesty too, but we are not being inundated with suggestions at the moment! These are just suggestions, the best of my meagre ability, trying to get the others out there who don't like em to say "I can do better than that!!" and do it!

So once again, c'mon join in!!!!!

Erik
May 27th, 2008, 20:03
Agreed. Sorry but I can be of no help. :D

I'm sorry if I sounded pessimistic, not my intention believe it or not.

Barry
May 27th, 2008, 22:40
Duckwing I love the Baby - but this time of night he shold be in bed and he smokes too much! - must cost you a packet!

Barry - Daytona Avant

Barry
May 27th, 2008, 23:02
May be we are all trying too hard - Why not plain and simple www.RS6.com (http://www.RS6.com) - if you do it, it should obviously be sanctioned by Eric.

Really the script RS6.com should be in the same form as it is on the web site Header.

But me I like my car nude.

Barry - Daytona Avant