PDA

View Full Version : Audi RS6 Plus.

The Pretender
May 15th, 2008, 19:16
Audi is working on a RS6 Plus, the Plus will have 613 hp.
The normal RS6 have only 580 hp under the hood.

Jarod.

Audiphile
May 15th, 2008, 19:26
Where did you get the info?

The Pretender
May 15th, 2008, 19:35
Where did you get the info?
from a reliable source that will be nameless.

Jarod.

AndyBG
May 15th, 2008, 20:00
That sounds logical to me... After all, that car will have to take on the new MB E 63 AMG, and possibly new BMW M5...

BTW, reports are saying that new MB E 63 AMG will have only 525 hp... :confused:

+44 Dave
May 15th, 2008, 20:01
That sounds logical to me... After all, that car will have to take on the new MB E 63 AMG, and possibly new BMW M5...

BTW, reports are saying that new MB E 63 AMG will have only 525 hp... :confused:

The horsepower wars are over my friend. Audi won :lovl:

AndyBG
May 15th, 2008, 20:15
The horsepower wars are over my friend. Audi won :lovl:

I hope it is! :cheers:

RXBG
May 15th, 2008, 20:27

yes. that is what the "63" powerplant makes. they'll probably have a E65 with 600hp. knowing merc they'll probably make a C65 too.

how exciting. not.

:rolleyes:

Damienr8
May 15th, 2008, 20:29
God Damn stupid HP wars.

Michaël Barbé
May 15th, 2008, 20:39
God Damn stupid HP wars.

I thinks these HP-wars are just what makes it exciting, no? I don't care if Audi wins or not. Ok I would like it better if they do but. In my opinion there isn't any make that's gonna win. And if these makes would stop building fast cars because of global warming or so there would be only a winner by inch if you know what I mean. And yes, if I have to be honest: let it be the RS6 plus please!

MB
:rs6kiss:

Michaël Barbé
May 15th, 2008, 20:41
The normal RS6 have :harass: ONLY 580 hp under the hood.

Jarod.

ONLY 580: HP-addiction?:nono: ;)

Leadfoot
May 15th, 2008, 21:53
The normal RS6 have only 580 hp under the hood.

Jarod.

I think weight should be tackled with first before concerning themselves with extra HP. If they could lighten that nose by 25~30Kgs would do wonders to how the thing drove and then a modest increase in power would be suffice.

I wonder is Audi reading my thoughts. ;)

KK265
May 15th, 2008, 22:13
I think weight should be tackled with first before concerning themselves with extra HP. If they could lighten that nose by 25~30Kgs would do wonders to how the thing drove and then a modest increase in power would be suffice.

I wonder is Audi reading my thoughts. ;)

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080515.014/audi-rs-6-avant-plus-set-to-return

SeattleS4
May 16th, 2008, 03:03
yes. that is what the "63" powerplant makes. they'll probably have a E65 with 600hp. knowing merc they'll probably make a C65 too.

how exciting. not.

:rolleyes:

The 6L motors are done at MB...

This sounds pretty exciting to me: :0:

AMG is going to replace the 6.2L V8 and 6.0L V12 twin-turbo engines with a new 5.0L V8 twin-turbo.The 6.2L has terrible fuel consumption at full throttle and it lacks the low end torque of the SC 5.5L V8.

There will be several versions of the twin turbo 5.0L...a base version with 570hp/665lb-ft of torque to replace the 6.2L V8 and a high-output 700hp/885lb-ft unit to replace the 612hp V12.

Other innovations include a new electrically operated direct-drive gearbox that provides faster and more efficient gearshifts than the current range of automatics.

chewym
May 16th, 2008, 04:44
700 horsepower out of a 5 liter V8 sounds a little fishy. I would be surprised if MB can do that, and that torque figure doesn't sound right either. That's about the same torque as the Bugatti Veyron that has and engine 60% bigger.

Audi should just bump it up to 615 for the RS6+, and they should start selling the normal version, hopefully in the US

HKS786
May 16th, 2008, 09:58
from a reliable source that will be nameless.

Jarod.

If you remember, I had this info a long time ago even before the RS6 was released ;)

However, my source told me that the current V10TT is already making about 600bhp, the RS6 Plus (if they decide to produce it) will be around 650bhp! Maybe Audi under-rating the RS6 Plus like they done with the RS6 at 580bhp even though it's already hitting ~600bhp.

Michaël Barbé
May 16th, 2008, 16:05
Oh, like I said in other threads: why doesn't Audi go insane for once. It could be the last time you know with all those Prius-drivers who are starting to control the carworld. Audi should make the RS6 Plus with 600+hp but with a full-carbon body. Audi can do a lot of things, why not something crazy (but awesome) like that! They can make a supercar that runs on diesel, I mean...

Nobody is with me?

MB

cornishmoocher
May 16th, 2008, 17:29
Oh, like I said in other threads: why doesn't Audi go insane for once. It could be the last time you know with all those Prius-drivers who are starting to control the carworld. Audi should make the RS6 Plus with 600+hp but with a full-carbon body. Audi can do a lot of things, why not something crazy (but awesome) like that! They can make a supercar that runs on diesel, I mean...

Nobody is with me?

MB

Audi will not go mad. Audi do not do mad.
Youhave answered you own question, the V12 diesel will be their bonkers. Audi will do a Plus, but only from tradition, they may even uprate the power when they shove the V10tt in the R8 (or will it be R10), I think the huge power petrol engine is reaching the end of its road with Audi. It will bow to the liberal lefty lettuce munching tossers who still belive that diesel is great, and its ok to give all our kids cancer as long as we dont cause global warming.:vgrumpy:

It will be left to Lambo to fly the bonkers flag, and dont you find it starnge that already, Lambo are making noises that they wish Audi would butt out??? Convienient hey.............

As for me, bring back Full Fat Four Star, let us descend into a greenhouse world, We are all doomed nyhoo apparently, The AC in my RS6 works fine, and when the ice caps melt, I will have fun trying to out run the tidal wave:wo: 200mph with out the worry of a ticket, now thats what I call a prospect!:jlol:

BLITZEN
May 16th, 2008, 21:34
Thank goodness! What would the world have done without it? I mean 580hp is so yesterday. blahhh.

The Pretender
May 16th, 2008, 22:27
Yes, now aday's you need at leased 600+ hp to play a role, 700+ would be better. :hahahehe:

Jarod.