PDA

View Full Version : Trip to unit 20 to see Grizz

cornishmoocher
May 14th, 2008, 22:45
Paid a visit to Martin today, he carried out a 50k service and cam belt, tensioners, pulley and aux belt change for me.
Also a couple of mods/upgrades.

Frstly any uk peeps here really should give grizz a call for service ETC. Both Him and Pete worked really hard tday, and did a fantastic job n my 6. The car is running sweeter than it has since i have owned her. What is really important to stress here, is that i made a 600 mile round trip for this, and still saved money, AND had the mods done!! No disrespect to my Audi dealers (theivin robbin.....) but, i actually haver total faith in what the lads have done, rather than total faith in " well if it fucks up in a day or two time, it can go back in and Audi can try again at there expense" I always had a feeling of uneasiness after a job at the stealers, rightly or wrongly, but it was there! With Grizz and Pete, we ahve had a laff, and the c ar has been worked on by two people (and hindered by a fumbling bumbling idiot) who genuinly love and have a passion for these cars. Tahts the difference.

The diverter valves are a fantastic bit of kit, and the brake ducts are just shit hot, unlike my disks, which are now cool!

thanks again lads. I will happily drive 600 miles for that level of dedication.

Sorry if you all already know this above, I am sure you do!

DuckWingDuck
May 14th, 2008, 23:10
mooch, great recommendation of the grizz, really too bad that i'm half way around the world! I'm very curious about the phaeton brake upgrade.

LU-RS6
May 14th, 2008, 23:11
I will happily drive 600 miles for that level of dedication.

Mooch, I will happily drive 600 miles in an RS6 for ANY reason :addict:

LU-RS6
May 14th, 2008, 23:11
I'm very curious about the phaeton brake upgrade.

That upgrade has been posted here many times, no?

DuckWingDuck
May 14th, 2008, 23:17
haha, no, i meant, the time and $$ that it would take to execute not to mention, hwo difficult it would be for a total non-mechanical type like myself to accomplish. I.e. should i really even bother to attempt it or just give the instructions to a friendly mechanic and have him take care of it for me?

LU-RS6
May 14th, 2008, 23:18
haha, no, i meant, the time and $$ that it would take to execute not to mention, hwo difficult it would be for a total non-mechanical type like myself to accomplish. I.e. should i really even bother to attempt it or just give the instructions to a friendly mechanic and have him take care of it for me?

If you have two left hands like I do....I'd pass it on to the mechanic, save the time for driving :applause:

DuckWingDuck
May 14th, 2008, 23:19
:) :) How much did it run you?

LU-RS6
May 15th, 2008, 00:02
:) :) How much did it run you?

Can't really remember, but I had a guy who was asking about 20 EUR / hour, so can't be much. Parts aren't that expensive either.

cornishmoocher
May 15th, 2008, 09:10
The kit, now I have seen it done, really was not hard to fit, the only bit I would be slightly worried about is taking the caliper off. Grizz had the template already made up, so it was litterally an hours work. Although we did re drill all the holes in the disk too! As for cost it was about £100. Fitted. I have to say, it has made (on first drive) a hell of a difference to the cars stoppers when they get warm! highly recomend it. Duck, all i am hearing is excuses man!!! just caus you are half way round the world, are you going to let a small thing like the Atlantic get in your way!!????!! If you build a ramp on the end of the harbour wall at NY, and take a really long run up and hit it just right, i reckom youd make lands end.....:wo: :D

LU-RS6
May 15th, 2008, 11:04
If you build a ramp on the end of the harbour wall at NY, and take a really long run up and hit it just right, i reckom youd make lands end.....:wo: :D

:applause::applause:

Only with :addict: baby :applause:

HeadShot
May 15th, 2008, 15:37
Hey Duck, the brake scoops really are easy. Order up the scoops from VW and you need the replacement bolts that mount the brake, (one time use as they stretch- from Audi) i think the part number is on the brake scoop thread that skiwi put up (excellent work by the way)
When i did mine i found so much detail in that thread i had the holes cut before i even took a wheel off!!!
When i get my ride finished i could come down and give ya a hand with the install. Just get the parts together.

DuckWingDuck
May 15th, 2008, 16:05
headshot, nice!! yea, i think that'd be the way to go, nice that someone in the area has made the mod and can help guide me through it. I was afraid I might rout off a finger or something :D

cornishmoocher
May 15th, 2008, 18:00
As long as it is not the "something" you rout off............

grizz
May 15th, 2008, 18:21
Glad i was able to help. g

cornishmoocher
May 15th, 2008, 19:34
Glad i was able to help. g

Mate, I cannot tell you how much better the brakes are now, that mod is brilliant, I have just been out and dicked around properly to give them a good work out and got no fade whatsoever!:cool2:

Although, the Cornish road is looming next week, that will be the litmus test, but i have no worries from what i have seen tonight.