PDA

View Full Version : R8 successor?

tvrfan
May 14th, 2008, 20:54
as you know on the current R8 the V10 version dont will have more power than the gallardo because it would be faster. so now with porsche they have to look out at them too. what do you think, is there a chance that the R8 will have a successor or was it just a brand-shaper? i hope there will be one, because new BMW M1 is not far away, new Mercedes 300 SL gullwing successor (replaces SLR) also. but these cars have all over 600hp (stated in few automagazines). and i dont know that audi could bring a R8 successor with that power because lamborghini and porsche.

P.S: if porsche buy 52% of VW they are complete owner of VW. so then audi would be splitt alone right? so audi would be split from lamborghini too and all these things wouldnt be longer a problem right? :confused:

Phage
May 14th, 2008, 21:28
right? :confused:

Wrong? :snow:

tvrfan
May 16th, 2008, 14:24
what do you mean?

tvrfan
May 17th, 2008, 14:00
what are your thoughts on a R8 successor? any chances that we will see one?

chewym
May 17th, 2008, 20:38
I am sure that Audi can put in the RS6 engine in the R8 if they really wanted. The R8 sucessor probably won't come for a long time as it makes more sense to build R8s than spending money on a completely new R8.

tvrfan
May 18th, 2008, 01:11
i hope that there will be a R8 successor.

pampas
May 19th, 2008, 04:55
I think the R8 is a new line of cars to come, all under the same namecode. The refresh is the R8 V10, then maybe some other minor changes, but a brand new R8 not for a loooong time! The BMW competitor is far away (at least a few years) and altough it looks good from far away I do not like the details on the exterior .. I am sure they will work on it. As far as the MB is concerned, if their response will be at $400k as the older/current MB supercar .. it's not a competitor for the R8, it will be more like an Ultra Expensive Lambo fighter.

funky
May 19th, 2008, 20:54
...... R12! :p

The RS6
May 19th, 2008, 21:10
Yeah I heard it will be R32 and it will use two Veyron's engines making it a WW32 and it will go to 60 in less then 0 seconds, even before you hit the gas pedal!

tvrfan, stop creating all these topics and trying to predict the future...