PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini LP560-4

Damienr8
May 12th, 2008, 21:14
Wow, this is one impressive short review!!!

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/exotic/112_0808_2009_lamborghini_gallardo_lp560_4_test/engine_specs.html

Summary:
- 8500 RPM redline
- "Thrust Mode" :bow:
- 0-60 / 3.4 seconds :bow:
- 1/4 mile / 11.4 seconds :bow:
- Vastly improved E-Gear
- 11mpg city / 23mpg highway

Ruergard
May 12th, 2008, 21:57
Impressive, very impressive! What would Lambo be without Audi today? :hihi:

Rutkowsky
May 12th, 2008, 23:38
lol awesome machine and numbers fit for a supercar

Mr Balsen
May 12th, 2008, 23:40
Impressive, very impressive! What would Lambo be without Audi today? :hihi:

Dead !!!!

Like Porsche back in the early 90 when Audi asked them to produce the RS2 because they had nothing else to do...

Frederic

Z07
May 13th, 2008, 00:10
Where would Porsche be without Audi?:hihi:

That's a great quarter mile time and an even better trap speed.

AndyBG
May 13th, 2008, 01:41
Like Porsche back in the early 90 when Audi asked them to produce the RS2 because they had nothing else to do...

... :eye:

Why Audi didn't make that RS 2 alone back in the nineties, if Porsche was so ''dead''...?

chewym
May 13th, 2008, 05:48
Yep, great acceleration, direction injection (FSI from Audi) really improved the engine/Gallardo a lot.

Erik
May 13th, 2008, 07:26
What is "thrust mode"?

Someone on this forum has one on order...it will be a long summer!

AndyBG
May 13th, 2008, 09:31
What is "thrust mode"?

Some kind of Lambo's launch control...

KK265
May 13th, 2008, 12:48
... :eye:

Why Audi didn't make that RS 2 alone back in the nineties, if Porsche was so ''dead''...?
Because they were very busy!

Mr Balsen
May 13th, 2008, 13:20
No Audi was not busy.

But Porsche was done building the Mercedes 500E. The sales of the Carrera 3.2 and 964 Carrera 4 were extremely low. There was no cash at Porsche, close to bankruptcy. Ferdinand Piech took the project of building the RS2 for marketing reason but mainly to help Porsche. The Audi RS2 was build in the same factory as the Mercedes 500E. Despite the fact Audi had the capacity to build the RS2 at Ingolstadt...

Frederic

Damienr8
May 13th, 2008, 15:22
What is "thrust mode"?

Someone on this forum has one on order...it will be a long summer!

It's lambos version of Launch Control. I got this from the article:

"Clicking the right most e.gear button on the center console of the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 engages Corsa mode. A push of a silver switch on the center stack disables the stability control and lights up two amber Gallardos on the instrument panel, the smaller of the two indicating that ESP is completely off. Left-footing the brake pedal and matting the throttle revs the LP560-4's engine to over 5000 rpm and creates a cacophony of popping and banging.

Releasing the brake pedal sends up a poof of smoke as the rear tires chirp and slip through not quite one full rotation. The car then bogs, as though hunkering down, before exploding forward a millisecond later."

AndyBG
May 13th, 2008, 17:07
No Audi was not busy.

But Porsche was done building the Mercedes 500E. The sales of the Carrera 3.2 and 964 Carrera 4 were extremely low. There was no cash at Porsche, close to bankruptcy. Ferdinand Piech took the project of building the RS2 for marketing reason but mainly to help Porsche. The Audi RS2 was build in the same factory as the Mercedes 500E. Despite the fact Audi had the capacity to build the RS2 at Ingolstadt...

Frederic

That is 100% correct, but please don't make the Porsche looks like some ''dead'' long forgoten sports car factory... You will agree that Porsche is, as it was then, much more than that.

:cheers:

Mr Balsen
May 13th, 2008, 17:37
That is 100% correct, but please don't make the Porsche looks like some ''dead'' long forgoten sports car factory... You will agree that Porsche is, as it was then, much more than that.

But Andy, from a strict financial point of view, Porsche will not have survived without the Audi RS2. It doesn't change the reputation of Porsche as a sportcar makers and its contribution in racing history.

And don't get me wrong, I also love Porsche !

Frederic

Damienr8
May 13th, 2008, 18:37
But Andy, from a strict financial point of view, Porsche will not have survived without the Audi RS2. It doesn't change the reputation of Porsche as a sportcar makers and its contribution in racing history.

Frederic

Unfortunately, i am not too knowledgable on Porche's history around the time of the RS2. Was porche's demise, dependent on how successful the RS2 was? If the RS2 was not made, would porsche have gone bankrupt?

AndyBG
May 13th, 2008, 19:33

Frederic

I had a little bit over-reacted, I just didn't like the way you put down those facts, and yes Porsche was in financial problems back then, RS 2 was financial injection for Porsche, but it wasn't saviour for them either.

Sorry for misunderstanding! :cheers:

Unfortunately, i am not too knowledgable on Porche's history around the time of the RS2. Was porche's demise, dependent on how successful the RS2 was? If the RS2 was not made, would porsche have gone bankrupt?

In those days VW wouldn't let Porsche to ''go under ice'', family connections are to close...

Any how, I think this thread is about one other car, and that is one FANTASTIC car, LP560-4, so I think its best for us to continue the disscusion about it...

Damienr8
May 13th, 2008, 20:09
11mpg city / 23mpg highway, thats an 18% increase in fuel economy. I think thats pretty good.

With such numbers, it makes me wonder what the next "murcielago" with push.

JavierNuvolari
May 13th, 2008, 20:16
No Audi was not busy.

Frederic

Didn't know that, thanks for sharing..this only shows that there are some very well informed members over here.

Haha, you really like Porsche huh :cheers:

Back on topic....as for this new Lambo, I absolitely love it, has the looks and the power, can't wait till AMS performs a Super Test comparison of this and other hot supercars.

Damienr8
May 13th, 2008, 20:51
Can't wait to see the scud missle take on the LP560. I must say, the guys on the ferrarichat.com website are really harsh against lambo's heheh lol.

AndyBG
May 14th, 2008, 00:19
How couldn't they be... I mean, compared to this, F430 CS looks like ''mini league'' car...

They must be hating it. :D

Damienr8
May 14th, 2008, 15:51
How couldn't they be... I mean, compared to this, F430 CS looks like ''mini league'' car...

They must be hating it. :D

Yea they do lol :jlol: Im not going to lie, the lp560 looks like a baby reventon. I cant wait to see video reviews.

Damienr8
May 14th, 2008, 16:06
Just found another quick review from motive mag:

Quote from the review: "The newest baby bull is called the LP560-4, and all you really need to know about it is that it has a frickin' Thrust mode. The end."

LOL :jlol: :jlol: :jlol:

http://www.motivemag.com/pub/feature/first_steer/Motive_First_Drive_2008_Lamborghini_LP560.shtml

Damienr8
May 16th, 2008, 16:33
WOW, someone posted some videos of the LP560 on the Rennteam forums. Take a look at these. LOVE the MATTE BLACK :dig:

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=443536&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Ruergard
May 16th, 2008, 18:40
Seems like Lambo have done everything just right? This car looks so good, amazing! Can't wait for Tiff or Clarkson to review it. And also a supertest on it, the laptimes should be exciting...

That Matte black one.. :love:

andreadebi
May 17th, 2008, 11:14
WOW, someone posted some videos of the LP560 on the Rennteam forums. Take a look at these. LOVE the MATTE BLACK :dig:

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=443536&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

I posted on rennteam :hahahehe:

Superleggera rims are fab on the lp560