PDA

View Full Version : RS hybrid models?

tvrfan
May 10th, 2008, 22:30
in the the 03/08 AMS was written that AMG is preparing hybrid or alternative powered engines. BMW M-GmbH and Quattro GmbH dont develop these engines yet. so my question. i think the M-GmbH is bigger in buissnes and way profitabler than Quattro gmbH so its maybe no problem for M-Gmbh to develop alternative power engines or hybrid engines in future. what do you think will the Quattro gmbH able to do this too?

ZeroCool
May 10th, 2008, 22:45
i really don't understand your posts...

Why should the Quattro GmbH NOT BE ABLE to do something like this?
Did you ever heard something of the Q7 Hybrid?

Audi had it years ago - but no one was interested in this thing...that's the reason why the Hybrid is not yet available...

tvrfan
May 11th, 2008, 02:21
i mean it more money wise. m-gmbh and amg have more money to develop this alternative engines. quattro gmbh is little compared to M or AMG

Audiphile
May 11th, 2008, 05:16
quattro GmbH is owned by Audi. Audi is not so little and has more than enough resources to take on BMW and Mercedes-Benz including their M and AMG divisions. Audi will just transfer technology to quattro if it needs to to develop whatever high performance hybrid the market wants. Remember Audi board members are highly involved in quattro. Audi is also part of VAG-Porsche. M and AMG, yet alone BMW and MB cannot match the VW-Audi-Porsche empire and never will. You can see how BMW is worried with all their positioning lately to cuddle up with MB. Audi has overtaken BMW in profitability in the two most important areas: Return on Investment and Rate of Return. The most vital financial statistics determining profitablity and financial health. While BMW writes of $350,000,000 in loss of residuals in the US due to giving away their cars to build volume, Audi has taken the more intelligent business approach by not chasing volume but building a solid foundation for the future. So, I would not be concerned about Audi not being able to develop the technology it needs for the future to combat M and AMG. Audi already has hybrid technology at its disposal. They are just more conservative in their approach. This is a good thing.