View Full Version : Porsche kills audi?

tvrfan
May 10th, 2008, 16:27
Like you know porsche has overtaken VW. now ask I whether
Porsche in the future AUDI will perhaps too much affect itself with it
mean I no more supersports cars (R8). the engines do not become so
high performance any longer. about the fact that named "rs "
argued, perhaps audi must taking a new naming for their extreme
models. if it would come like i said then AUDI would loose the connection to BMW and mercedes in the future and will not be longer able to match bmw which engines and models concerns
because BMW will also pull tight which sports cars concerns which the
achievement of the engines concerns surely also. there do I see with
AUDI for the moment black. :rolleyes: ____what do you think?

ZeroCool
May 10th, 2008, 16:35
I think that there are 2 or 3 threads about this "porsche/audi/vw"-thing...

So maybe you'll find in this other threads some info ;)

Rage
May 10th, 2008, 16:36
How is this different to your porsche vs audi thread?

Audiphile
May 10th, 2008, 19:14
Stop panicking so much. Audi will be just fine within the VAG group. Porsche and Audi are already cooperating on the next Boxster/TT together. Also, why would Porsche attack the R8? It does not make sense, and like I said, I am sure Audi and Porsche consist of astute business people. If you can sell R8s and 911s vs. just selling 911s why wouldn't you. You make money both ways! And both are highly profitable. It is already confirmed that Audi has finished development work on the R8 V10 and Piech is determined to launch the V12 TDI version once some of th engineering hurdles are removed. The R4 was never confirmed by Audi - that was simply internet rumors. The R4 makes no sense if you have a TT. I would kill the R4 myself from that perspective unless the TT morphs to a R4.

If anything Porsche (if it achieves the 51% majority) will have Audi and Porsche separate from VAG.

Lateknight
May 10th, 2008, 21:51
Audi are more profitable now than ever before : Why?...... partly because of the diversity of the products. Why would Porsche want to harm their investment by throttling back Audi.
Surely this can only be good for both brands.

p.s tvrfan stop concerning yourself about Porsche/Audi relationship, together they now have some of the finest engineers and product guys in the business.

(and stop posting additional threads about it. They're becoming tiresome.)