PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Avant for sale in CA on Autotrader

JCT2033
May 9th, 2008, 08:27
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=243656375&dealer_id=62520365&car_year=2003&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=__YXZhbnQ,__&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=097118 (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=243656375&dealer_id=62520365&car_year=2003&model=RS6&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=__YXZhbnQ,__&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=097118)

Got this from AudiWorld...

DuckWingDuck
May 9th, 2008, 14:46
Dammit, I want those seats.

HeadShot
May 9th, 2008, 15:04
Hey Duck, maybe contact the guy and see if he will do a swap for some $$$. There is no way he will get his money back on them and the swap won't effect the price on the car much at all. Think of the cash you would pay to get them from Eur, and here you can see them first. Then make him an offer. The swap out isn't that hard.
I think from Eur you would pay maybe 4K (definately 3K +) and the hassels aghhh.

Just a thought. The Recaros are so sweet!!!!.

DuckWingDuck
May 9th, 2008, 15:52
Hmm, maybe... maybe.... it's too bad your car won't be around next weekend for me to try out those recaros! Did you get my email?

ben916
May 9th, 2008, 19:56
From this forum, I remember that there is a shop or individual in Texas that brought an Euro-version RS6 Avant but couldn't license it in the states due to EPA or DOT issues. (I didn't see any CA plates or the absence of a rear photo was on purpose?)

Having the car IN California, one of if not the toughest emissions standards in the states, is rather amazing (is that the right word?). Maybe it has plates for "off road use only" or "promotional" plates...
Sorry to be a downer, but that is how I see it...

If one could license it here, it would be a one of one in the states...

PeterH
May 9th, 2008, 20:01
Supposedly the avant is registered in Arizona. Speedo cluster was changed out to be in MPH vs. Kilometers by an "authorized dealer" and guess somehow the KM's were converted to Miles on the odometer so I was told the miles are accurate.

Boosted-Bora
May 9th, 2008, 20:21
From this forum, I remember that there is a shop or individual in Texas that brought an Euro-version RS6 Avant but couldn't license it in the states due to EPA or DOT issues. (I didn't see any CA plates or the absence of a rear photo was on purpose?)

Having the car IN California, one of if not the toughest emissions standards in the states, is rather amazing (is that the right word?). Maybe it has plates for "off road use only" or "promotional" plates...
Sorry to be a downer, but that is how I see it...

If one could license it here, it would be a one of one in the states...

Actually bro I know of 2 avants here in the states and registered one is black and tuner by Shokan in New York and the other is Silver and local to me.

ben916
May 9th, 2008, 23:18
Actually bro I know of 2 avants here in the states and registered one is black and tuner by Shokan in New York and the other is Silver and local to me.

If one could get one or several in to the states, that would be wicked!

I just wouldn't want it to be like the Porsche 959 of Bill Gates that sat in customs in Portland, OR for years....

Boosted-Bora
May 10th, 2008, 00:03
yeah that would suck bro

ben916
May 10th, 2008, 00:08
Supposedly the avant is registered in Arizona. Speedo cluster was changed out to be in MPH vs. Kilometers by an "authorized dealer" and guess somehow the KM's were converted to Miles on the odometer so I was told the miles are accurate.

Nice signature! R8 and RS4....

DuckWingDuck
May 10th, 2008, 00:31
The selling location is chino.... Ben should roll out there and check it out for me! ;D

ben916
May 10th, 2008, 00:38
The selling location is chino.... Ben should roll out there and check it out for me! ;D

Yeah, you are closer but then I would roll up to the Audi meet in a one of one in Cali....

DuckWingDuck
May 10th, 2008, 00:44
lol, i was thinking i should clarify when I was typing the message, i had meant benman ;)

I think I will contact the guy to see if he'd be willing to swap seats. Hmm, on further inspection, he doesn't have the white piping that I do on my black seats... Will I have to swap my rear bench out too? DILEMMA!!