PDA

View Full Version : Finally New Wheels...with Pics

ppfonda
May 6th, 2008, 03:04
So I've had the rims for awhile and finally got some tires now that the weather has gotten better...had to put 12.5mm spacers on since the rims had a 38mm offset but think it worked out fine.

DuckWingDuck
May 6th, 2008, 03:21
Damn that's beautiful. Nothing beats the OEM look, and I quite dig your smoked lights. Were they difficult to install?

ppfonda
May 6th, 2008, 04:01
Damn that's beautiful. Nothing beats the OEM look, and I quite dig your smoked lights. Were they difficult to install?

Thanks, for the kind words, the lights were easy to install, only took about 10 minutes!

MrBucket
May 6th, 2008, 05:58

Those arent oem wheels, they dont look right and the offset is obviously wrong. Not enough curvature to the spokes

DuckWingDuck
May 6th, 2008, 07:33
Those arent oem wheels, they dont look right and the offset is obviously wrong. Not enough curvature to the spokes

That's what I thought initially too, but if you look closely in this pic, you can see the four rings.

http://rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6509&d=1210039305

And a glance on the audi site, turns up this picture:
http://mediaservice.audi.com/media/mmdb/50710/50608/2008/GPQ4PQ4/ak_l_motiv.jpg?alt=http://ak4-fr.audi.de//img/1pxt.gif

I think that's it.... Just in a different finish.

Spidercat
May 6th, 2008, 09:29
Nice wheels. Titanium finish goes well w/ Daytona. So are those the factory RS4 B7 wheels or aftermarket RS4 style wheels w/ audi center caps? I ask because last year I was tossing the idea around and spec'd them out at the parts dept at my dealer. He had said that the offset was less than a mm difference between the RS4 and RS6 wheels, so they should fit without a problem (according to him).

AndyBG
May 6th, 2008, 10:02
Lookin' good! :thumb:

Boosted-Bora
May 6th, 2008, 14:28
Those are not OEM RS4 wheels he just put the caps on they are reps and the reason I know this is the way the spokes meet the outer rim/lip of the wheel.

garbi
May 6th, 2008, 15:13
looks great , i also put the rs4 rims on my rs6 , being 9j and the off set a fraction out , it fills the wheel archs well.

nice

ppfonda
May 6th, 2008, 20:44
they are replicas, from velocity motoring, with audi centercaps

MrBucket
May 6th, 2008, 22:22
That's what I thought initially too, but if you look closely in this pic, you can see the four rings.

And a glance on the audi site, turns up this picture:

I think that's it.... Just in a different finish.

I threw some audi center caps on a set of 17" RS6 replicas I put on my A4, ebay sells them and they fit the replicas.

I think replicas look good for most wheels but the b7 RS4 is not one of them, they just dont get the look right.

ppfonda
May 6th, 2008, 23:50
I threw some audi center caps on a set of 17" RS6 replicas I put on my A4, ebay sells them and they fit the replicas.

I think replicas look good for most wheels but the b7 RS4 is not one of them, they just dont get the look right.

i think they get the look right alot better than the stock rs6 rims

DuckWingDuck
May 7th, 2008, 00:47
LOL, I think the stock rs6 rims are quite nice, I simply wanted to go bigger and was in desperate need of tyres.

mmaturo
May 7th, 2008, 04:25
...which is exactly why I like my wheels...still OEM but 19s in titanium from Europe. I may have these for sale in chicagoland later this year as i am trading in the car...

I like the RS4 style even as reps...just talked a friend into getting a used set to put on a B6 S4 cabrio he just bought.

Boosted-Bora
May 7th, 2008, 15:25
...which is exactly why I like my wheels...still OEM but 19s in titanium from Europe. I may have these for sale in chicagoland later this year as i am trading in the car...

I like the RS4 style even as reps...just talked a friend into getting a used set to put on a B6 S4 cabrio he just bought.

I have first dibs on the RS6 wheels :bye: :applause: :deal:

just keep me in mind and let me know

dab
May 7th, 2008, 20:52
i bought the rs/4 replicas from hartman wheels and attached are a couple of action shots of me taking off for an autocross event. The autocross event i took the beast around in 67 seconds with the winning time coming from a lotus elise in 61 seconds.

They come with the audi center piece as well.

I didnt like the stock wheels, really like these forged rims and they are lighter than the stock wheels.

you can see the wheels better here. http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q221/dab_011/

The only thing i dont like it i want some wider tires to fill the wheel wells.

mmaturo
May 7th, 2008, 21:11
I have first dibs on the RS6 wheels :bye: :applause: :deal:

just keep me in mind and let me know

Email me at mmaturo@proteusgroup.net

I need to return the car with one set or another on it and i don't think a dealer in Oakland CA really wants a car with the original 18" wheels with snow tires on them...

I would be happy to sell them to anyone I just have no idea how to ship them without them getting damaged hence my comment that i wish someone in chicago wanted them...with or without the Michelin PS2 rubber as I could reuse the tires on the incoming S5.

DuckWingDuck
May 7th, 2008, 22:56
mmaturo - i have a set of original 18s for sales! Oh, and when I bought my rims, they arrived undamaged. Just cover the metal portion.

http://pictures.twilightstar.net/d/21094-2/IMG_0448.JPG

mmaturo
May 7th, 2008, 23:01
wasn't too clear on my post, I have both my original 18s and my 19s but i have snow tires on the 18s I have for winter duty. When i trade in the car I need to return it with one set or the other so I have the issue of which set do i think i can sell easily and make the most $$. But i also can't stand the thought of the 19s going with virtually brand new PS2s on them. So tempted to send the RS6 back with the 18s with snows and hope the dealer doesn't change the trade in agreement with me since they would need to potentially get new tires for it.

snoopra
May 9th, 2008, 16:37
wasn't too clear on my post, I have both my original 18s and my 19s but i have snow tires on the 18s I have for winter duty. When i trade in the car I need to return it with one set or the other so I have the issue of which set do i think i can sell easily and make the most $$. But i also can't stand the thought of the 19s going with virtually brand new PS2s on them. So tempted to send the RS6 back with the 18s with snows and hope the dealer doesn't change the trade in agreement with me since they would need to potentially get new tires for it.

Dealer won't be concerned about the tires, only the wheels. You shouldn't have any issues taking off the 19's and they can't change your deal due to the tires. Hope this helps.

snoopra
May 9th, 2008, 16:55
So I've had the rims for awhile and finally got some tires now that the weather has gotten better...had to put 12.5mm spacers on since the rims had a 38mm offset but think it worked out fine.

What's the wheel size?