PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance schedule for the RS6?

Amulet-S6
May 5th, 2008, 15:45
I searched the archives without any response. Where can I find a maintenance schedule?

Jim
Avis/Black

gjg
May 5th, 2008, 16:53
I searched the archives without any response. Where can I find a maintenance schedule?

Jim
Avis/Black

there is a maintenance book in your car with the details, basically oil (and oil filter...) change every 9-10k miles, every second oil change the air/polen filters & sparkplugs and I think fuel filter, every 4th oil changel this a bove plus timing belt&pulley

DuckWingDuck
May 5th, 2008, 17:02
so oil change is 9 to 10k mile and not 5k?

skiwi
May 5th, 2008, 20:27
the rs6 is on a fixed service interval - every 12 months. not the usual variable service interval.

DuckWingDuck
May 5th, 2008, 22:53
so a 'major' service every 12 months? How about oil changes? Colour me confused!

skiwi
May 6th, 2008, 09:16
sorry not a major service every 12 months, this is a normal service. major service every 24 months...

gjg
May 7th, 2008, 18:08
the rs6 is on a fixed service interval - every 12 months. not the usual variable service interval.

skiwi, I beg your pardon - service interval is fixed, that is correct, every 15,000 km or time in months whichever comes first. Definitely NOT only 12 nor 24 months - mileage counts. ....

Audi requires 50501 WV oil (5W40), which is (as ou may be told by "experienced" service staff) a diesel oil ...

I would also strongly recomend to flush the gearbox every time you do timing belt.

gjg
May 7th, 2008, 18:10
so oil change is 9 to 10k mile and not 5k?

yes, that is correct - this is in your service manual. If you do not have it I have mine in English and I can scan the service schedule to pdf and e-mail. :idea:

skiwi
May 7th, 2008, 19:21
there seems to be rs6's on variable service and those on fixed service inervals. mine (and others on this board) are on fixed 12 month intervals. i believe the vast majority are fixed (you can check with vag-com).

good advice about the tranny flush imo...

skiwi, I beg your pardon - service interval is fixed, that is correct, every 15,000 km or time in months whichever comes first. Definitely NOT only 12 nor 24 months - mileage counts. ....

Audi requires 50501 WV oil (5W40), which is (as ou may be told by "experienced" service staff) a diesel oil ...

I would also strongly recomend to flush the gearbox every time you do timing belt.

LIRS6
May 7th, 2008, 19:23

Services are every 10k miles (on the 5's) for us here in the USA; i.e. 15k, 25k 35k etc. 35k and 75k are major services which include replacing timing belt, plugs etc. Personally, I change the oil every 5k.

gjg
May 7th, 2008, 22:09
there seems to be rs6's on variable service and those on fixed service inervals. mine (and others on this board) are on fixed 12 month intervals. i believe the vast majority are fixed (you can check with vag-com).

good advice about the tranny flush imo...

well, I have to admit that this is first time I hear about 12/24 mo or variable on rs6..... our 2003 was km/time whichever is first and plus is the same way. Of course, we do some "real" driving :harass:

tranny oil flush is real PIA ....

cornishmoocher
May 8th, 2008, 00:07
Mine is on a variable, but has been done at every 10k regardless. Unfortunately the cam belt Etc should have been done last year but wasn't (4 years) as I was given duff information that it only needed be done at 50k miles, which is now. So its off to see grizz in a week or two, who after some great advice advised me to do the pulleys and tensioners, stat and water pump at the same time, which Audi ommited to tell me, and after inquiring into costs told me that to do the service, (50k- major inc plugs and pollen filter) and the belt without the pulleys etc ould be near £3k, and if i wanted the other bits doing add on another grand! They would have only informed me of this needed doing when the car was in bits, and so presenting me with a nasty shock!