PDA

View Full Version : Audi RS6 - Nitrous Install

rs-mad
May 2nd, 2008, 00:37
Hi Guys,

Just an update I will be installing a nitrous setup on the car. Plan is to start small and work our way up to a 75hp shot.

Details of the system will be kept close guarded until sorted but it will be computer controlled and the entire system will be hidden and I will do my best to conceal the nitrous bottle also.

Not sure what improvement it will make down the 1/4mile will update with more info once installed and running.

Any questions just ask.

Cheers

RS-MAD

SeattleS4
May 2nd, 2008, 01:09
Awesome!

Be careful though...

Boosted-Bora
May 2nd, 2008, 01:27
I was also looking into this just for the cooling purpose I was thinking 25-or 30 dry shot but then again I may just do Methanol Injection what do you think RS-MAD?

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=9

Im thinking the meth has less factors for running on a daily basis....IE dont have to worry about bottle pressure, bottle temp, opening bottle ect...ect..

rs-mad
May 2nd, 2008, 01:58
I was also looking into this just for the cooling purpose I was thinking 25-or 30 dry shot but then again I may just do Methanol Injection what do you think RS-MAD?

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=9

Im thinking the meth has less factors for running on a daily basis....IE dont have to worry about bottle pressure, bottle temp, opening bottle ect...ect..

Looked into methanol injection but it is really on beneficial in warm climates or when high grade fuel is readily available.

I am after performance gains rather than maintaining performance if that makes sense......

Also regarding nitrous I wouldnt use a dry shot unless you run a tune that add's fuel, i will be running a wet shot

Boosted-Bora
May 2nd, 2008, 02:25
so you recommend that I do the Meth since I want to maintain performance

rs-mad
May 2nd, 2008, 02:57
so you recommend that I do the Meth since I want to maintain performance

If that is your intention yes I would.

Spidercat
May 3rd, 2008, 01:02
Hi Guys,

Just an update I will be installing a nitrous setup on the car. Plan is to start small and work our way up to a 75hp shot.

Details of the system will be kept close guarded until sorted but it will be computer controlled and the entire system will be hidden and I will do my best to conceal the nitrous bottle also.

Not sure what improvement it will make down the 1/4mile will update with more info once installed and running.

Any questions just ask.

Cheers

RS-MAD

So you'll have about 125-150 BHP total over stock (at least while the nitrous is going)? Are you planning any transmission mods?

rs-mad
May 3rd, 2008, 10:57
Transmission itself will be left standard until it gives up, the cooling system and fluid has already been upgraded aswell as a custom TCU map which I think is what has saved it up until now!