PDA

View Full Version : R8 and Q7 impossibly safe in the Iron Man movie

RXBG
May 1st, 2008, 14:05
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080430.013/iron-man---behind-the-scenes-video-of-audi-q7--r8-stunt-scene

they had to CGI some of the effects because the cars would not cooperate. kind of a purposeful audi plug, but cool nonetheless.

:R8kiss:

Benman
May 2nd, 2008, 18:34
Shameless plug... but I quite like it. ;) :thumb:

Ben:addict:

Thrives
May 2nd, 2008, 18:53
I saw Iron Man yesterday and I got to tell you the R8 is very well plugged in this film as is Audi in general. On several occasions does the Audi R8 get a good work-out and is subject to some very nice camera 'loving'. Also the Q7 scene is hilarious since after IM graps the car it falls down with him on the hood and the lady (nervous as she is) floors it to get away. Now, IM tries his best to hang on but finally gets dragged down under car due to the acceleration.

I am telling you, Audi paid some big bucks to get their mark on this one. Oh and Ms Potts (Stark's private assistant) drives and S5 of course :).

Finally, the movie is quite good actually and much better than the last movie with Audis (Hitman).

Benman
May 2nd, 2008, 20:26
Thrives :cheers: ,

Thanks for that mini review. Ever since I was old enough to see pictures, I have been into comics, so I am looking forward to seeing the new Iron Man flick. The Audi plugs are just icing on the cake. ;)

Ben:addict:

pampas
May 3rd, 2008, 02:51
I can't see the second movie?!?! The one with the Q7 works fine, where is the second one?!?!??!?!??!

RXBG
May 3rd, 2008, 03:00
I can't see the second movie?!?! The one with the Q7 works fine, where is the second one?!?!??!?!??!

just scroll down. there is a vdeo link to it just below and to your left.

- on another note. the movie was very good. the R8 gets some serious air time. he owns a lot of cars and there is a subtle part where his predilection for the R becomes obvious with something he says.... i won't spoil it.

it'd be cool as hell to meet a chick like paltrow (who has been lifting some serious weights and now has a hardbody i had never believe she could have) who had a hot car like an S5. the things mr. pokey would do to her :hahahehe: :king: :king:

Rage
May 3rd, 2008, 16:31
I had to pause it.

I cant see that many R8s being deliberatley wrecked and them still needing to reshoot the scene.

Leadfoot
May 4th, 2008, 11:15
Watched the film with the kids yesterday and it's a decent film, better than most other Marvel movie fliks.

RXBG
May 5th, 2008, 14:59
I had to pause it.

I cant see that many R8s being deliberatley wrecked and them still needing to reshoot the scene.

LOL. so did i. audi said NO after the second one.

this car is amazing.

Damienr8
May 5th, 2008, 15:21
I saw iron man this weekend. Boy were there some good, lengthy shots of the R8, Q7 and S5/A5. Some good marketing there.