PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT-S driven by CAR magazine

HKS786
April 30th, 2008, 18:16
The brilliant R8 now has a little brother it can be proud of. The TTS is a handsome, beautifully wrought and pleasingly fast sports car. It’s light, agile, supremely stable at 100mph-plus and rides well too. As always with a sports Audi, go for the optional S-tronic (nee DSG) dual-clutch paddleshift gearbox (faster of shift and more economical too).

HKS786
April 30th, 2008, 18:16
Full review:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Audi-TTS-Coupe/?content-block=0

Leadfoot
April 30th, 2008, 19:05
I good result I say, highlights being that it's the best handling TT to date and it's performance is great for the Co2 figures it's producing.

The points about not matching the agility of a Cayman or 3 series Coupe are fair comments but most of this is very objective and based on personal preference because the actual ability of the chassis is there, it only which setup you find more entertaining. On this front the fwd bias chassis will always be lacking on excitement, but it's extremely safety to drive quicker, it's more efficient than it's priers and it looks the dog's bollocks.

On the track the Cayman and 335i guy might have the more laughs but I bet they will be no quicker. Mighty praise for a humble little 2.0L engined coupe.

KresoF1
April 30th, 2008, 19:46
Leadie,
Cayman S(295hp) is faster on the Hockenheim then Audi RS6 Avant(new one)... Or faster then RS4(Corsa tires)...

Leadfoot
April 30th, 2008, 19:56
Leadie,
Cayman S(295hp) is faster on the Hockenheim then Audi RS6 Avant(new one)... Or faster then RS4(Corsa tires)...

Sorry for not making myself clear, I meant the basic Cayman, not the S. But I agree the Cayman S is one hack of a car, better than the 997 in my opinion.

SigmaS6
April 30th, 2008, 20:21
Full review:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Audi-TTS-Coupe/?content-block=0
I doubt they have even seen the car in real life. Only press fotos and every number they mention is in the press release as well.

The Pretender
April 30th, 2008, 22:02
I doubt they have even seen the car in real life. Only press fotos and every number they mention is in the press release as well.
Idem Ditto.

jarod.