PDA

View Full Version : R8 Purchase - please help!

R8Lover
April 30th, 2008, 04:50
Hi all

I have been a long time lurker here as I contemplate the purcahse of my my R8. Here is my dilemma that I would like your advice on.

I have an option on an R8 with the extras that I want in the colour that I want.

I also have an option on a Ferrari 360. Red. F1 gear box.

The 360 is 5 years old with 5800kms on the clock Prices are the same +/- $30,000AUD ;) I love the prancing horse ;)

The R8 - well you guys know all about it.

Both are available in the next 4 weeks.

I would love you arguements both ways. I am assuming I don't need to tell you much about either car as you lot will now all there is to know.

Thanks in advance

RL

The RS6
April 30th, 2008, 07:20
Your nickname says it all :)

Rage
April 30th, 2008, 09:16
R8.

You will regret the 360.....in my opinion not the best from the prancing horse....430 on the other hand though...

RXBG
April 30th, 2008, 13:36
the 360 is old news. yes, it is a ferrari. but it will kill you with repair bills and problems. (schwarzenegger himself was taped saying how his old 360 was a disaster at the LA motor show this year). and it is not a friendly car to drive. the F430 is eons ahead of it and IT is a handful. unless you are looking to get your rocks off on a car you can only drive on dry, sunny days, in the country, on sundays AND you want admission to the snobbery that is a ferrai owner's club and track day then your decision is obvious. :doh:

your ferrari experience is better spent on less money by looking for a 456 or dino... they are more user friendly, a bit more reliable, and less expensive.