PDA

View Full Version : Pics - Delivery of Audi RS6 (USA)

quattro
July 9th, 2003, 08:17
Muguello blue RS6 waiting for the owner.

It that shark fin for the XM Radio?

http://www.capitalaudi.com/Gallery/RS6Alpina/index.htm

:addict: :0:

eph94
July 9th, 2003, 08:38
Originally posted by quattro
It that shark fin for the XM Radio?

I don't like the look of the fin on the roof. If the fin is needed for the XM radio, then I would rather go without.

Finnus
July 9th, 2003, 13:24
JJV,

I second that! Pretty damn ugly.

Finnus

:cheers:
:addict: :addict: :addict:

JP4
July 9th, 2003, 14:17
That sure looks like FORWARD parking assist sensors on the US delivered RS6. What up wit dat? I thought that wasn't an option in the US. :confused:

Erik
July 9th, 2003, 14:24
Originally posted by JP4
That sure looks like FORWARD parking assist sensors on the US delivered RS6.

There's supposed to be more sensors. Side one seems to be missing.

Compare
http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/RS6COM/MS-Red-RS6-10.jpg

Rally
July 9th, 2003, 17:15
I believe the shark fin is for the NAV system.

eph94
July 9th, 2003, 19:33
Originally posted by Rally

Does anyone know this for certain? If so, then I definitely want to delete NAV from my options! I'm still in pre-production, so I believe I can change my order even though it has been entered into the system and I have been assigned a commission number.

Bauer
July 9th, 2003, 19:48
I believe that the car comes with Homelink as well and the "shark fin" has the homelink in it as well. I dont believe that you can remove the homelink as an option as it comes standard(I believe). So there may be no way to get rid of it. Not absolutly sure though.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered

Rally
July 9th, 2003, 20:31
Homelink is in the visor.
The only conceivable reasons for the antenna are:
Onstar
Navigation
Satellite radio (XM)

I've seen an RS6 without the antenna and since the early US RS6 deliveries are without XM radio (verified yesterday) it has to be either Onstar, navigation or a combo of both since they're both driven by satellite.
If onstar is standard in all the US bound cars now that goofy antenna might be stuck on all the cars.

That would not be good.

Rally
July 9th, 2003, 20:34
It's also confirmed that US bound cars come with drilled brake discs.

eph94
July 9th, 2003, 21:14
I've seen an RS6 without the antenna and since the early US RS6 deliveries are without XM radio (verified yesterday) it has to be either Onstar, navigation or a combo of both since they're both driven by satellite.
If onstar is standard in all the US bound cars now that goofy antenna might be stuck on all the cars.

That would not be good.

It's also confirmed that US bound cars come with drilled brake discs.

Compromises, compromises. I hate that shark fin, but the news about the drilled brake discs definitely softened the blow. I guess when I'm finally behind the wheel, I really won't care about the lack of Recaros, battery in trunk, and the funny-looking shark fin. :addict:

Bauer
July 9th, 2003, 22:00
Rally,

Sorry, I screwed up I meant On star instead of home link:confused:

Good to hear that the cross drilled rotors appear to be stock. My dealer has not been able to confirm for me yet??? But glad to hear they are comming.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered

GoFastKindaGuy
July 9th, 2003, 22:27
I have OnStar on my S6 Avant and it is an unobtrusive antenna. Must be Sat Radio.

Compensation:

Behind the wheel, you won't see it.

The car will go like a bat outa hell.

You can tell everyone...
a) it is a sterilizer ray gun.
b) on-the-fly ECU recalibrator or
c) a rogue BMW part by that American stylist, Chris Whatzizname.

:asian:

eph94
July 9th, 2003, 23:20
Originally posted by GoFastKindaGuy
a rogue BMW part by that American stylist, Chris Whatzizname.

Geez, Chris Bangle is one of the reasons I'm switching away from BMW! Or, Audi could put two oversized shark fins on each side of the trunk ala the 50s GM cars. Imagine that. Greased Lightning for the new millenium. On second though, naaah, we'll leave that to Bangle.

krm
July 12th, 2003, 09:16
Here is another set of pics of an US-Spec Ebony Black Pearl RS6 (http://www.digitalfields.com/stoney/rs6_touareg_gti/)

Looks great!

JP4
July 12th, 2003, 15:31
Thanks for the great pix guys. The heat is definitely turning up here in the USA.

Interesting observations that others have mentioned:

1) Cross-drilled rotors actually made it to the US!

2) I don't think I've seen a US car with P-Zero Rosso's yet. The cars I've seen pix of have Dunlop SP9000's. Which by the way IMHO is an excellent rain tire. They won't however hold up very long if driven hard on dry pavement.

eph94
July 12th, 2003, 19:21
Originally posted by JP4
The cars I've seen pix of have Dunlop SP9000's. Which by the way IMHO is an excellent rain tire. They won't however hold up very long if driven hard on dry pavement.

Agreed on your comments regarding the Dunlop SP9000's. I had them before "upgrading" to Bridgestone S03's, and I wish I kept the Dunlops. The S03's are noisy! Does anyone know how the P-Zeros are in terms of tire noise?

I'm still in pre-production and the flood of USA RS6 news hitting the boards is killing me.

GoFastKindaGuy
September 18th, 2003, 17:16
Beauty tip...

ZCD2.7T
September 18th, 2003, 17:27
That's HILARIOUS!!:hihi:

Gets my vote for "Best use of a vinyl cutter for beautification of an RS6"!

:cheers:

sturs6
September 18th, 2003, 19:21
GoFastKindaGuy you need to sale those to :addict: owners

GoFastKindaGuy
September 18th, 2003, 19:22
Some may prefer the cool side instead of the hot side...

Benman
September 20th, 2003, 01:15

Unfortunately the atenna IS because of the XM radio. And it is PRE wired so you CAN'T delete it. Sorry for the news but thought you'd like to know.

BTW Go Fast, those stickers are great. I'd like one as well:cheers:

Ben:addict: