PDA

View Full Version : My new car (just for this weekend)

f1esp
April 24th, 2008, 21:39
I prefer an Audi but one of these cars is going to be my car this weekend...
:hahahehe:

AndyBG
April 25th, 2008, 00:54
Explain..., this moment! :D

Erik
April 25th, 2008, 06:54
I think you will have a good weekend!

LU-RS6
April 25th, 2008, 08:34
I think I am mighty jealous :jlol:

ben916
April 25th, 2008, 17:18
You can only drive one at a time....
I would GLADLY assist in driving the other... but then again, the vehicles that these are leading would be a hoot also....

JavierNuvolari
April 25th, 2008, 18:52
Explain..., this moment! :D

+1!

Saludos!

Ruergard
April 25th, 2008, 18:58
Not jealous at all, no no...

Bingocaller
April 25th, 2008, 19:42
What are your job at the F1 this weekend? Sooooo envy!

f1esp
April 26th, 2008, 20:52
Hi again friends
I think you are all a little bit jealous... :hahahehe:

My work this weekend is in one of the 2 cars:
- SL 63 AMG (Safety Car) -> Driver Bernd Maylander
- C 63 AMG (Medical Car) -> Driver Jacques Tropenat

I'm not the driver and my work is in the 4 seater one...
(I think it's easy to know what I do in real life to pay my Audi)

:applause:

These are my views of the race:
(it is not allowed to do pics during races or qualifying)

f1esp
April 26th, 2008, 20:56
Today we didn't have work.
Tomorrow I don't want to become a TV star...

KK265
April 26th, 2008, 23:31
Hi again friends
I think you are all a little bit jealous... :hahahehe:

My work this weekend is in one of the 2 cars:
- SL 63 AMG (Safety Car) -> Driver Bernd Maylander
- C 63 AMG (Medical Car) -> Driver Jacques Tropenat

I'm not the driver and my work is in the 4 seater one...
(I think it's easy to know what I do in real life to pay my Audi)

:applause:

These are my views of the race:
(it is not allowed to do pics during races or qualifying)
Nice job!
1.Do you follow all the programm of the season or only this race?
2.Try to learn what is the maximum speed an f1 car can reach in this circuit.I have been at Barcelona circuit in an Audi driving experience course with R8 and the maximum speed was about 210-215 km/h.In the last right corner before the straight line R8 turns on 130 km/h and then accelarates to 210-215 km/h.What are these speeds for f1 cars?I know that there is huge difference.Also what is the speed for C 63 AMG in this corner and the straight line after.I like comparisons!
P.S The plastic quality of the steering wheel and of the interior of C 63 AMG seems too cheap.

Bingocaller
April 27th, 2008, 16:49
Today we didn't have work.
Tomorrow I don't want to become a TV star...

So you had some work to do today - was he ok?

cornishmoocher
April 28th, 2008, 03:00
He was a lucky boy, I could have sworn that his left leg/ankle was broken from the tV pics- it looked very limp, but hey- thats why you guys are medics and i am an engineer!

nice job, sorry for Fernando.

f1esp
April 28th, 2008, 19:48
Hi friends!

Yesterday was a hard day... Sadly, we had our 5 minuts of glory.

It was an awful accident but F1 cars are nowadays ultra-safe. I think images on TV are worse than it finally really was. Heikki was conscient in all moment under the tire protections. No broken legs, only a mild cranial traumatism. He was evacuated in helicopter to a hospital near Barcelona to do some controls (CT...).

I love motorsport (specially Formula 1) and I'm doing this job for several years (I was in Medical Car with Sid Watkins) and things have changed a lot.
This is not the biggest accident in Montmelo. Sometimes my work is not easy...

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

f1esp
April 28th, 2008, 20:32
Nice job!
1.Do you follow all the programm of the season or only this race?
2.Try to learn what is the maximum speed an f1 car can reach in this circuit.I have been at Barcelona circuit in an Audi driving experience course with R8 and the maximum speed was about 210-215 km/h.In the last right corner before the straight line R8 turns on 130 km/h and then accelarates to 210-215 km/h.What are these speeds for f1 cars?I know that there is huge difference.Also what is the speed for C 63 AMG in this corner and the straight line after.I like comparisons!
P.S The plastic quality of the steering wheel and of the interior of C 63 AMG seems too cheap.

1. The doctors that follow all season are Dr. Gary Hartstein and Dr. Jacques Tropenat (he is doctor and driver of the Medical Car). They are both very nice guys. There is a doctor of each country with them and this is my job.

2. The maximum speed of the Medical Car at the end of the straight is approx. 240 km/h. The car has been lightened and is highly modded but still very heavy with people inside and all medical stuff in boot.
It is fun to see the corner closer and closer and still accelerating. We arrive at mark 100m and then super-braking and turn right. Lateral acceleration is really impressive (I have problems to maintain my head). It is very fun to see the dashboard with all lights (ABS, ESP, TC...) getting mad. :revs:
It is right that the steering wheel looks cheap but I think interior of all new Mercs and BMW look cheap and that's why I don't like them...

AndyBG
April 28th, 2008, 22:56
Only if official F1 cars are Audi..., your job would be completly perfect!

f1esp
April 29th, 2008, 12:24
http://static.blogo.it/motorsportblog/lincidente-di-heikki-kovalainen-a-barcellona/heikki_kovalainen_crash_barcellona_3.jpg

...26G deceleration... :bigeyes:

AndyBG
April 29th, 2008, 15:45
[IMG]...26G deceleration... :bigeyes:

26G ! huh...