PDA

View Full Version : Audi to offer TT with 1.4 TFSI...

AndyBG
April 24th, 2008, 10:27
Following announcement on the TT 1.8 T, Audi revealed that it will introduce an even smaller engine for its sport model, the 1.4-liter TFSI unit that combines a supercharger and a turbocharger generating 140 Hp.

The TT 1.4 T will make its world debut at the Leipzig Auto Show in Germany this month alongside the TT 1.8 T. Euro-wide sales will follow shortly after.

Any comments on this?

Leadfoot
April 24th, 2008, 13:10
A TT too far in my opinion, the car may be small and light but 140hp doesn't hack it in the performance stakes.

Mr Balsen
April 24th, 2008, 14:02
Audi did a 150hp TT before. I don't know the success of this model !!!!

Frederic

Rage
April 24th, 2008, 14:44
Notice how the Line up is sinking further into Golf territory?

TT 1.4...140HP
TTRS 2.3?....350HP?....I think the gap is too big.

AndyBG
April 24th, 2008, 19:18
I wouldn't be suprised to see this model on offer, TT is beautiful car and Audi wants get the best out of it.

We will have to wait and see...

The Pretender
April 24th, 2008, 20:38
The VW IROC concept have a 210 hp version of this 1.4 TSI engine.

If i don't known any better, it start to look like that there will not be a "TT3" and Audi will get the best out off this one by putting in as many engines as possible.

Jarod.

Leadfoot
April 24th, 2008, 23:03
Jarod,

Funny you should say that because I had heard something very similar. With Porsche taking control of VAG we will see the end not only of the R8 but the TT as well. Can't remember where I read it, maybe a British mag but I can recall it was quite recent.

They suggested that Audi will be sticking to their core models, A3/4/5/6/8 and the Q models, minus the TT and R8 and VW will replace the TT with the Scirocco.

I hope this is a just an editor's imagination running a muck and there is no truth in it as it would be very sad to see such engineering genius and design flair being cut off in it's prime.

AndyBG
April 25th, 2008, 01:04
There was some reason for these articles...

http://www.zcars.com.au/audi-tt-14-tfsi/

http://www.zimbio.com/Automobile+Makes+and+Models+Audi/articles/91/Audi+TT+New+1+4+TFSI+140+Hp+Coming+Leipzig