View Full Version : RS6 Lease Info

jconley
July 8th, 2003, 20:38
Just got this from my dealer...

Assume: 12K miles

36 Months: 51% Residual
39 Months 49% Residual

Money Factor: .0018

Seems pretty fair, except he said he expects extra miles to be $0.25 at the end of the lease. That seems very high.

J

Finnus
July 8th, 2003, 20:56
JCon,

I've never leased a car before. Could you translate those numbers into monthly payments, down payment, reduction in monthly payment with larger deposit?

Thanks

Finnus

jconley
July 8th, 2003, 20:58
Lease Calc (http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm)

Bauer
July 8th, 2003, 22:09
I just spoke with the sales manager at my dealer and here are the numbers he gave me. They are a little different then Jconley's numbers

36 month with 15K miles per year residual 51%
48 month with 15k miles per year residual 43%

if I did 12K miles per year then add 2% to the residual

I was quoted a .00180% money factor as well with a .25 cents over miles penalty,

my dealer also said I could go higher then 15K at .15 cents per mile cost up front.

Just for your info..hopefully I was quoted correctly.

Jconley thanks for the info. Do appreciate it.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered

m3nacefl
July 12th, 2003, 22:56
let's assume the following scenario:

Audi RS6 .......... $82,700
Nav .................. $1,350
Weather pkg .... $1,000
Carbon Int. ...... $300
Sound enh. exh. $950
gass guzzler tax $1,300
destination ........ $690

total: $88,290

let us again assume you can purchase the vehicle at the MSRP as above

The following monthly lease payments will be realized assuming a base cap cost of $88,290; residual of 51%; money factor of 0.0018; 15k/yr

$0 down for 36 months: $1451.31 + state sales tax
$4000 down for 36 months: $1333.00 + state sales tax

The following monthly lease payments will be realized assuming a base cap cost of $88,290; residul of 43%; money factor of 0.0018; 15k/yr

$0 down for 48 months: $1283.05 + sales tax
$4000 down for 48 months: $1192.52 + sales tax

I hope this helps some of you out

eph94
July 14th, 2003, 00:25
Would it be foolish to use a trade to reduce the capital cost by an order of twenty grand or so? Or if I plan to put down thirty in trade and cash, am I better off financing? I used to think I was a pretty bright guy until it came to figuring out whether or not a lease works for me. :confused:

jconley
July 14th, 2003, 00:36
The general rule about leasing is to put nothing down. The rational is as follows:

You are only paying for the depreciated portion of the car, so If you have the cash to put down, you should hold on to it, and invest it in something liquid. This would make your payment higher, but if you are trying to manage your cashflow month to mnth you can just pull from the cash you would have put down up front.

Thus, you are up the interest you make on the money you would have put down. Just make sure you have GAP insurance.

When it comes to financing, some of the same things are true, however, putting some money down can make a lot of sense depending on the interest rate you can get on the car vs. what you can get on your cash. With interest rates as low as they are I would put 10-12% down on a car (to make sure you get the best rate, as the financier wants to make sure to maintain a positive position in the car)

Hope this makes some form of sense...Had a couple drinks today, so it might not :)

jconley
July 14th, 2003, 00:38
The lease vs. buy argument also depends on monthly cashflow, how many miles you drive, and how long you plan on keeping the car. Don't lease a car you plan to buy at the end, unless you recognize you are paying WAY too much,

eph94
July 14th, 2003, 01:56
Originally posted by jconley
The lease vs. buy argument also depends on monthly cashflow, how many miles you drive, and how long you plan on keeping the car. Don't lease a car you plan to buy at the end, unless you recognize you are paying WAY too much,

Thanks for the replies Jordan. Since I have a car to trade-in, maybe I will finance the RS6. Monthly cash flow is not an issue (knock on wood) and I typically don't drive more than 12K to 15K per year. That being said, I was planning on paying cash for the car until Uncle Sam hit me with estimated taxes this year that obliterated my "next car" fund. And I hate carrying debt or making monthly payments, no matter how low the interest rate. I suppose if I finance, then I can work to pay off the loan early so I can be free and clear. Buying this RS6 really isn't a good idea right now, but what the heck...

Every single time I buy a car, I always plan to keep it until I "drive it into the ground." Invariable, after about a year, I get that new car itch, which I hold off for another two years. I would like to think I would keep the RS6 beyond three years, but I can just imagine what Audi or the other car makers will be putting out three years from now.