PDA

View Full Version : Alpina B5 S Touring vs. Audi RS 6 Avant vs. BMW M5 T vs. Mercedes E 63 AMG

Kram
April 23rd, 2008, 03:29
Alpina B5 S Touring vs. Audi RS 6 Avant vs. BMW M5 Touring vs. Mercedes E 63 AMG

specs and ranking:

1st place: Audi RS 6 Avant
5-litres V10
580 bhp
650 Nm
0-100 km/h: 4.3s
0-200 km/h: 14.1s
Vmax: 280 km/h
Oschersleben track time: 1:50.81 mins.
MSRP: 106,900 EUR

2nd place: Alpina B5 S Touring
4.4-litres V8
530 bhp
725 Nm
0-100 km/h: 4.7s
0-200 km/h: 14.9s
Vmax: 313 km/h
Oschersleben track time: 1:51.83 mins.
MSRP: 97,900 EUR

3rd place: Mercedes E 63 AMG T
6.2-litres V8
514 bhp
630 Nm
0-100 km/h: 4.7s
0-200 km/h: 15.6s
Vmax: limited to 250 km/h (300 km/h optional)
Oschersleben track time: 1:53.63 mins.
MSRP: 100,992 EUR

4th place: BMW M5 Touring
5.0-litres V10
507 bhp
520 Nm
0-100 km/h: 4.9s
0-200 km/h: 16.0s
Vmax: limited to 250 km/h (305 km/h with no limiter)
Oschersleben track time: 1:55.89 mins.
MSRP: 95.000 EUR

www.autobild.de/artikel/vier-sportliche-kombis_672261.html
:addict: :addict: :addict:

Ruergard
April 23rd, 2008, 08:44
The acceleration times for the beemer and merc is very, very poor. The 0-200 km/h time for the M5 must be the slowest I've seen so far. But what do I care? :hihi:

The RS6 put up good times once again and took it all home! :addict:

audi_ch
April 23rd, 2008, 10:09
The acceleration times for the beemer and merc is very, very poor. The 0-200 km/h time for the M5 must be the slowest I've seen so far. But what do I care? :hihi:

The RS6 put up good times once again and took it all home! :addict:

great result for rs6.

by the way, the m5 salon was 7 sec quicker on exactly the same track messured in 06. how the fuck can 100kg more affect 7 secs with the same engine and the same tyres....

Or is it just an other auto bild test, remember they testes an sl 55 amg with 0-200 in 12,8 secs....

Leadfoot
April 23rd, 2008, 11:30
Like I already said, Audi have adjusted the RS6 to make sure it's No.1 in class. Also these figures are becoming pretty consistent don't you think. :hihi:

HKS786
April 23rd, 2008, 12:29
Like I already said, Audi have adjusted the RS6 to make sure it's No.1 in class. Also these figures are becoming pretty consistent don't you think. :hihi:

:D

Can someone collect all the info from every test so we can compare it?

audi_ch
April 23rd, 2008, 12:52

hi if i remember well you said as well rs6 will be lighter than s6.....

so no i dont think that. i see the rs6 where he is official to be, 14,8 sec to 200 kmh. not 15,5 or 14,1, what ever. And that is pretty good i think.

or does audi makes quicker car then lamborgini gallardo..
not sure if they are alloud too.

Leadfoot
April 23rd, 2008, 13:14
hi if i remember well you said as well rs6 will be lighter than s6.....

so no i dont think that. i see the rs6 where he is official to be, 14,8 sec to 200 kmh. not 15,5 or 14,1, what ever. And that is pretty good i think.

or does audi makes quicker car then lamborgini gallardo..
not sure if they are alloud too.

At the very early stages of RS6 (when it was but a rumour) I thought the RS6 might be lighter than the S6 but that was before I befriended with a source to info from inside. Since that time everything I have relayed has been very accurate and you know this.

With the exception of one time (SA) the rest have been either as good as or in most cases better than Audi's officially quoted figures. Notice that this is not the case for the M5 Touring, so who is trying to fool who here.

audi_ch
April 23rd, 2008, 14:31
At the very early stages of RS6 (when it was but a rumour) I thought the RS6 might be lighter than the S6 but that was before I befriended with a source to info from inside. Since that time everything I have relayed has been very accurate and you know this.

With the exception of one time (SA) the rest have been either as good as or in most cases better than Audi's officially quoted figures. Notice that this is not the case for the M5 Touring, so who is trying to fool who here.

wrong again remember the 15,5 sec in a other german test.

But hi this numbers ar not so important for me as i am pretty happe with the 14,8 officialy from audi.

i dont know if all your statement are that accurate, hope so, but with the wight it was as you explained not the case neither with the 560hp /vs co2. but this are details. By the way, was it not me in this very short time here who said witch colors from the cars will be see on the iaa in geneva....
So dont very i have as well really accurate source stright out of NR.

But as i said allready i do not agree on your statement above that audi ajusted the output to beat the m5 touring.

There is no adjustment needed, because the m5 touring was as long it existed driven by the quattro people, to get improvement stright in the rs6. (first the normal m5 then the touring)

But i think i am less audi minded and just abit mor objectiv then you are.
the m concept is 3 years old now, and i just thought that Audi will be more a head with his rs6 then he effectivli is.
(says, between the rs4 b7 and the m3 with dkg is and will be a big gap)
never the less the rs6 is mutch easier quick to drive than the m5, but wiht the right settings on the m and shifting just in front of the rev limiter, this car is as well dam quick and on the german highways you definitly wont fell a big difference on who is faster, in strightlines, on the speeds concerning (120-250kmh)

and now the other point, lets say the new outcoming rs6 salon is lighter then the avant, witch of course he is, how mutch faster he can be.
Do you really think the political correctnes would alloud the quattro gmbh, to make the care as fast as a gallardo, says under 14 sec up to 200 kmh.

There will always be a gap, unless they change the whole politic.
Or the us diesel power, as the will on the new r8....

KresoF1
April 23rd, 2008, 14:55
audi_ch,

I mostly agree with your post.

Just to add some other fact. RS6 Avant track time at Oschersleben is at S3 level(within 0.3s)... Mighty RS6 Avant is not any faster then S3 on that medium size track with decent straight...

IMO new RS6 is the best car in its class but, M5 Touring and E63T are not new cars.

Erik
April 23rd, 2008, 15:14
Nice test.

I quite enjoyed reading that. It's what a lot of people have been trying to tell a long time... :D

Leadfoot
April 23rd, 2008, 18:04
wrong again remember the 15,5 sec in a other german test.

But hi this numbers ar not so important for me as i am pretty happe with the 14,8 officialy from audi.

OK, the majority are either matching Audi's official times of bettering them. Does that meet with your approval.

i dont know if all your statement are that accurate, hope so, but with the wight it was as you explained not the case neither with the 560hp /vs co2. but this are details. By the way, was it not me in this very short time here who said witch colors from the cars will be see on the iaa in geneva....
So dont very i have as well really accurate source stright out of NR.

It's a long time ago but I think it wasn't me stating so much as Audi were dropping the power to meet the Co2 figures, some reckoned that was their reason for them delaying their intro into the States. I stated that there was other reasons for them not going to the States but that Co2 levels might be one of them, what I was told was that the decision on the output wasn't finalised and some at Audi felt a back-lash might happen if too much power is produced with high Co2s. In the end an adjustment in the tuning probably deal with this and allowed to 580hp to be meant, though we know this might be actually higher than that. :hahahehe:

But as i said allready i do not agree on your statement above that audi ajusted the output to beat the m5 touring.

There is no adjustment needed, because the m5 touring was as long it existed driven by the quattro people, to get improvement stright in the rs6. (first the normal m5 then the touring)

I asked the question about the SA times at the time they were revealed by KersoF1 and the reply is what I have told you all, believe it or not, it's no odds to me.

But i think i am less audi minded and just abit mor objectiv then you are.
the m concept is 3 years old now, and i just thought that Audi will be more a head with his rs6 then he effectivli is.
(says, between the rs4 b7 and the m3 with dkg is and will be a big gap)
never the less the rs6 is mutch easier quick to drive than the m5, but wiht the right settings on the m and shifting just in front of the rev limiter, this car is as well dam quick and on the german highways you definitly wont fell a big difference on who is faster, in strightlines, on the speeds concerning (120-250kmh)

and now the other point, lets say the new outcoming rs6 salon is lighter then the avant, witch of course he is, how mutch faster he can be.
Do you really think the political correctnes would alloud the quattro gmbh, to make the care as fast as a gallardo, says under 14 sec up to 200 kmh.

If the M5/6 can be quicker than the Gallardo then do you seriously believe that Audi would produce a car not to compete with them if it meant that it was quicker than a Gallardo, get real. :doh:

BLITZEN
April 23rd, 2008, 20:02

I disagree. If I was king at Audi/Lamborghini, I would set no limits and would make the Gallardo, RS6 and R8 all as good as they potentially can be. Be damned which is faster in straight line acceleration or any other category. Each car is completely different, for different purposes, to different target markets, and at different prices. Yes, I would let the R8 outperform the Lambo if the engineers could design it to. People will stilll buy the Lambo because it is a more-prestigious, hand-made exotic. In conclusion, if Audi sets limits for fear of encroaching on Lamborghini, they only will be hurting themselves, letting the other competitors such as BMW gain ground.

:addict: