PDA

View Full Version : 2002-2005 rs6 avant & rs6 plus avant

alexo
April 18th, 2008, 03:53
Hi,

Im a new memeber of the community. I am looking at purchasing a good used 2002-2005 rs6 avant or rs6 plus avant. Need some info on the following:
- what are the features, specifications of the vehicle sold in germany & switzerland (I am looking at cars being sold there)
- is the drc system a major problem for this model? Any quick fixes?
- any other problems for this model? tiptronic transmission etc?
- any good used vehicle with low mileage for sale out there? An rs6 plus avant would be nice.
- any suggestions on what to look for?

Need help thanks,

DuckWingDuck
April 18th, 2008, 16:18
Alexo, as always, welcome to the forums, the guys here are all friendly and very knowledgeable. Much of what you are pondering has already been discussed in detail and a quick search would turn out many useful information.

1) The Euro spec of the Audi is essentially the same as the American spec with the major difference (at least IMO) being the option of the recaro seats in Europe.

2) Yes, the DRC does appear to be a significant issue for a great percentage of the RS6 owners out there. Some have had theirs replaced two to three times, I am one of the lucky few who has yet to have the DRC gods visit me.

3) People speculate that transmission would be a problem but I don't believe anybody has actually experienced it.

4) Checking the Audi site for your locale would be a good place to start.

Carl Lassiter
April 18th, 2008, 22:40
Alexo, as always, welcome to the forums, the guys here are all friendly and very knowledgeable. Much of what you are pondering has already been discussed in detail and a quick search would turn out many useful information.

1) The Euro spec of the Audi is essentially the same as the American spec with the major difference (at least IMO) being the option of the recaro seats in Europe.

2) Yes, the DRC does appear to be a significant issue for a great percentage of the RS6 owners out there. Some have had theirs replaced two to three times, I am one of the lucky few who has yet to have the DRC gods visit me.

3) People speculate that transmission would be a problem but I don't believe anybody has actually experienced it.

4) Checking the Audi site for your locale would be a good place to start.

Well said.

To the OP- get the Plus.

alexo
April 19th, 2008, 08:25
thanks for the reply. The audi dealer here is of no help & there are no rs6 avant or plus in manila.

Yup, i like the plus too but cant find any that has low mileage & no accident. Anyone selling ???

Is it expensive to fix/ replace the drc? Any permanent fix that can be done? How can I check if the drc is still ok? Im looking at 2 cars. will it show on the obd diagnostics?

DuckWingDuck
April 19th, 2008, 17:57
1. Expensive is a very relative term.

2. You can swap out to after-market springs, stassis, etc.

3. Do a search, there are many ways to find out, but the easiest is to take off the wheel and see if it is leeking.

4. No, this will not show on ODBC.