PDA

View Full Version : Sline Sversion and rs6

manuke
April 15th, 2008, 16:26
Hey folks

What's the difference between S version, s line and rs models!
You can hev a audi a6 with a s line.........

Manu

Erik
April 15th, 2008, 17:40
In short

S line is a normal Audi, but with a design package. Looks better, but won't win.
S version have different engines + styling.
RS version have even better engines, other suspension, styling etc. etc.

The RS versions have a history of winning vs. BMW M and MB AMB etc.
The last RS6 accelerates like a Lamborghini, something you won't get from your S-line.

PetrolDave
April 15th, 2008, 18:40
S Line is a "normal" Audi but wearing a pretty frock.

S has a more powerful engine and more performance orientated suspension, tyres etc. and some subtle styling tweaks.

RS is top most performance orientated Audi in each model range with a much more powerful engine, much more tuned suspension and handling, often shares very few body panels with "normal" Audis (e.g. the B7 RS4 has an Aluminium bonnet, Aluminium front wings, large wheel arch extensions - none of which the A4/S4 have).

Audis are "nice", S Audis are good, RS Audis are great!

I've had an A4 (which was OK but soon got boring), an S3 and 2 S4s (which were fun to drive but soon I wanted more power) and an RS4 (which still has enough power to keep me happy after 18 months).

RS4B7
April 15th, 2008, 20:37
But you also can get inside S line with a option S line plus , its a lower suspension .

Der Major
April 16th, 2008, 10:16
S-Line includes 3 packages.

- interiour, such as aluminium trim, seats, steering wheel etc
- exteriour, such as rear spoiler, front and rear bumpers, rims, etc
- and the s-line suspension which is 20mm lower than normal

btw not to mess up with the "normal" sport suspension which is also 20 mm lower but not that hard as the s-line suspension

All packages can be seperated so you can got just for the interiour if you wish.

Rosefors
April 16th, 2008, 23:44
S Line is a "normal" Audi but wearing a pretty frock.

S has a more powerful engine and more performance orientated suspension, tyres etc. and some subtle styling tweaks.

RS is top most performance orientated Audi in each model range with a much more powerful engine, much more tuned suspension and handling, often shares very few body panels with "normal" Audis (e.g. the B7 RS4 has an Aluminium bonnet, Aluminium front wings, large wheel arch extensions - none of which the A4/S4 have).

All B6 and B7 A4's S4's and RS4's actually have an Aluminium bonnet and Aluminium front wings.

PetrolDave
April 17th, 2008, 16:11
All B6 and B7 A4's S4's and RS4's actually have an Aluminium bonnet and Aluminium front wings.
No they don't .... ONLY the B7 RS4 has aluminium bonnet and front wings (in an attempt to get the weight balance closer to 50:50 - which is also why the RS4 battery is in the boot (trunk)).

Try the magnet test on an S4 ..... I did on the 2 S4's I've owned, and the magnet sticks!

Mockenrue
April 17th, 2008, 16:43
That's right - my B6 S4 had to have a new bonnet fitted in late 2006 and I know from helping to lift it that it definitely wasn't aluminium!