PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein PSS9's

hahnmgh63
April 13th, 2008, 18:29
Being that are cars are getting a little older, I'm wondering if I should purchase a set of PSS9's before they quit making them for our cars? AJUSA has them for $1599, pretty cheap with free shipping. My DRC still works at 50K but I'm sure it's days are numbered. Once the suspension is done I will only worry about the GAG tranny. MGH

Boosted-Bora
April 13th, 2008, 19:18
search my name for threads about the PSS9. Dont do it.... trust me.

grizz
April 13th, 2008, 19:34
I've had pss9's on mine for over 12 months and there still very good ,even on our crap British roads:applause:

cornishmoocher
April 13th, 2008, 19:54
Grizz, my DRC was done in March, is it possible it can have gone again already? I am not sure, it certainly doesnt feel like it is going to kill me like last time, but does not feel right, whaddaya reckon?????

grizz
April 13th, 2008, 21:19
If it's under warranty take it back .100% it's down to the monkeys that repaired it at the dealer. I fitted 4 coil over kits last week. Just feck them off .g

Boosted-Bora
April 13th, 2008, 21:35
I have the KW V3's ad I love them but they are costly

grizz
April 13th, 2008, 22:31
KW'S are good but costly ,They do require that bit more work when fitting to get them set up right.
The pss9's and H&R'S Are much quicker .

Aronis
April 14th, 2008, 00:10
PSS10s should be out soon for Audi

hahnmgh63
April 14th, 2008, 01:09
Are the PSS10's suppose to be improved or just have 1 more setting? Will they be making a version for the RS6/A6 since the C5 is out of production? So, are the PSS9's actually off the market for our cars? I still see them advertised. I'm now starting to lean toward the KW's but I would like to see how they last a little longer term since my DRC is still working fine at 50K, but it's days may be numbered? MGH

Aronis
April 14th, 2008, 11:35
The PSS10's are available for BMW and Porcshe Cars, and not just this years model!

The goal of an AFTERMARKET company is to produce and sell as many of their product as possible, thus go after the market for out of produciton but many in use cars.

It's easier to produce a PSS10 for a KNOWN car ( ie the C5 A6 line) than to 'start from scratch" with the newer model, and that same newer model is less likely to NEED replacement shocks. The OLDER model will need replacement as normal wear and tear, not just failed DRC.

The fitment for the PSS9s was the same for the A6, S6 and RS6 as the same model number was issued from BILSTEIN. There was a report of a different model number for the RS6, but BILSTEIN did not confirm this, but rather said it was the same setup, just an added letter to the model number done by Re-Sellers.

Those who have actually installed PSS9's can chime in here and tell what their part number experience was, but that means the fitment challenge for the PSS10's is not that big of a challenge, but rather a chance for BILSTEIN to correct whatever weaknesses the PSS9 had....the PSS10 has better corrosion protection and is easier to adjust on the car.

I have been waiting for the PSS10...my DRC is still ok, but at 66,000 miles I suspect it will not last much longer since the first failure was at 28,000 miles.

Mike

garbi
May 10th, 2008, 15:34
i have just ordered by bils pss9's ,but not the top mounts . do i have to replace the top mounts as well ?

grizz
May 10th, 2008, 20:57
i have just ordered by bils pss9's ,but not the top mounts . do i have to replace the top mounts as well ?

Can you still get pss9's ???? They are not available in the uk !!!! As for the top mounts get a set , they only cost £30 a pair & of the last 10 Set's I've changed every one has been split !! Grizz:addict:

garbi
August 6th, 2008, 14:10
KW'S are good but costly ,They do require that bit more work when fitting to get them set up right.
The pss9's and H&R'S Are much quicker .

hi grizz , please i need some urgent help. i have the kw3 in which i'm installing at present . do you have some advise on the setting ?.
i would enjoy the ride quite hard , but its mainly used for track & weekend .
the ride hieght is not a problem but the bump & re bound setting are going to be a bit of guess work.
the bump setting will be difficult to set once on the car unless hole are drilled to get the allenkey in place.
you knowing the car already ,( major understeer) what adjusts can i already start with ?
your advice would save me plenty time and effort .

thanks
garbi

DetailersDomain
October 4th, 2008, 14:26
I'm looking into switching out of the PSS9's.

They were the only ones available at the time for our cars.

I will probably be going with the KW's as well. I had them in my other Audi and currently on another car and love them.

Anyway I will have my PSS9's up cheap.

DuckWingDuck
October 4th, 2008, 17:14
After spending half the day with my mechanic, I can attest to the fact that KWs are a bit more difficult to set up! Right now we've got about 1 finger width of clearance in the front (2.5" of threading) and 2 finger width of clerance in the back (2" of threading). Just a friendly FYI for those jumping into the KW V3s. Next up Hotchkis!!