PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Phaeton Brake Disc Ducts Needed

cornishmoocher
April 10th, 2008, 17:30
I have now been told by a fair few people to fit these ducts to my beastie because it is trying to kill me.
Any heat in my brakes and they just will not work, it is very very scary, and I have to say the one thing that will make me think long and hard about this cars future.:noshake:

But I ahve been told that the Phaeton has a ducted system that forces cold air on to the disks, so increasing efficiencey when hot. (thanks to all you guys who suggested it - this really is a fantastic site, well done Erik, for running such an end userfriendly site!).:applause:

So where do i get them, how do i fit them and how much are they!!:D

Cheers guys

Mooch

DuckWingDuck
April 10th, 2008, 17:49
Mooch, as usual, search is your friend ;)

SKIWI did a step by step mod and here it is: http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11459&highlight=phaeton

Also, the boys on rs246.com did it as well: http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=61029

cornishmoocher
April 10th, 2008, 17:56
Cheers Duck- I am an Idiot, compleeeetely forgot to search!

Thanks mate

DuckWingDuck
April 10th, 2008, 18:05
haha, not a problem. Even the best of us needs a bit of a point every now and again. If you click on the rs246 link, maybe you can get in touch with grizz who can help you with the build. Ya, Teesside is just a _bit_ of a drive but, maybe worth it! ;)

DuckWingDuck
April 10th, 2008, 18:15
Unit 20
0151 3366888

That's grizz's contact info

cornishmoocher
April 10th, 2008, 18:42
Cheers mate.
I am a member of RS246, so will def look him up!
Any excuse for a drive- will have to play fuel tank roulette though, you know, into the red- 5 miles left, drive past the fuel station, 0 miles left drive past the fuel station, and hopefully get home. Then when the Waff drives it the next day she will fill it up, to make the telly work!

DuckWingDuck
April 10th, 2008, 19:01
haha, quite right mate! I've gone about 30 mi after the car's told me 0 miles left.

cornishmoocher
April 10th, 2008, 19:11
What annoys me more is when I have just filled it up (£100) and it tells me I ahve only got 185 miles left!

------->----------------------------------------------------------------- ^
^
Look at this will ya- slydexia again! And I typed it real slooooow.... Its old age, the mind is nimble and quick, its just the fingers can't keep up, actually the mouth is also pretty bad, it has a tendancy to open without the owner knowing about it.

Anyway about these braeton photer ducks.......

DuckWingDuck
April 10th, 2008, 19:23
haha, no worries mate, sometimes the fingers goes faster than the mind. when I type quickly, especially on a shite keyboard, I also make lots of mistakes. If you do get the phaeton duct route, please let me know how it works out for you and the difficulty level.

cornishmoocher
April 10th, 2008, 19:59
It wont be happening for a while, but as soon as it does i will post it and let you all know!

Thanks once again and to Skiwi.