PDA

View Full Version : K40 Built in Radar

dabull
July 7th, 2003, 05:00
Does anyone know anything about the K40 built in radar? Evidently it has been very popular with truckers for years and they pay any ticket that you receive. Also, take a look at the website at "www.k40.com" I beileve and look at the cool installation. All you see are a couple of small lights built into your dash with the volume control knob under the dash. :addict: :addict:

jconley
July 7th, 2003, 13:07
A friend of mine has this in his S6. He likes it, but it isn't as responsive as my V1- and make sure you read the fine print about them paying your ticket- Most radar detector manufacturers promise this, but the fine print nabs you.

The install is darn cool though.

gjg
July 7th, 2003, 13:20
I am too old to believe in fairy tales as far as "we will pay your speeding ticket" - read the fine print because no matter what you will not find anyone who will pay you for breaking the law.

K40 installation is nice ..... ID o not remember them doing too well in the radar tests in US lately.

V1 worked best for me for years. In US and in Europe. The direction finder option is something you can't live without once you had it.

Remote display is available for V1 and can be incorporated to the dashboard or anywhere for that matter - usefull if driving in VA btw.

All depending on what you want - good looking display or keeping your drivers licence .....

gg

BlackRS6
July 7th, 2003, 18:25
Just ordered the parts for the K40 custom installation this weekend, It'll be installed in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it works out.