PDA

View Full Version : VolksWagen's Transparent Factory.

Klint
July 6th, 2003, 22:36
Wow what a marvel.

As the title suggests: the factory is transparent, a first for car manufacturing. And who is it from? Volkswagen themselves.

When you order a VolksWagen Pheaton from your dealership, you'll be given the opportunity to visit the factory where your Pheaton will be built, in Dresden, Germany. This factory is also transparent so the actual manufacturing process becomes educational aswell as exclusive. After the tour the owner will take delivery of their Pheaton.

Here's (http://www.glaesernemanufaktur.de/) the website for the factory. Stunning! Great work Volkswagen!

:cheers:

Finnus
July 9th, 2003, 14:40
Klint,

Thanks for the post. What a cool state-of-the-art factory and website! (Now why couldn't Audi do something like that for the RS6 website - I know, too expensive.)

Finnus

:cheers:
:addict: :addict: :addict:

Erik
July 9th, 2003, 14:43
I was in Dresden last year. But had no idea that it was Volkswagen country until it was too late.

Then the whole town was flooded...

krilin
July 20th, 2003, 19:54
Hello, I'm a new user of this forum, I've discovered this website by your collaboration with bmwm5.com. well my reply is about the glass factory of VW in dresden. i'm from spain and in march of 2003 we went to DSD in a cultural trip with the school(i've 15 years old). one of the thigs we've do there is visit the glass factory. i've been really surprised cause there they build cars but it seems the dinning room of my house. wood floor, perfect clima inside, they explained us all the building method of the phaeton, we had the oportunity of drive a simulator of it. well i'm glad to visit the factory and show how VW do the important things like marketing :0: