PDA

View Full Version : Robbing, thieving stealers!

cornishmoocher
April 8th, 2008, 22:56
You know the little bit of carbon fibre that covers the front of the ashtray- just got a price to replace it (after my now divorced waff shut it with the cigar lighter in the tray and jammed it shut) £80.00, £80.00 godamn*ucking pounds!:vgrumpy:

so i bought a tube of superglue for £1.99.

LU-RS6
April 9th, 2008, 00:17
For the little bloody side strips beneath the doors in the RS2 I think I paid around 2-400 EUR for both sides.

Imagine...probably these things were fabricated at a costprice of something like 20 Deutsch Mark, that's 10 EUR.

4000% profit margin anyone? :vgrumpy:

HeadShot
April 9th, 2008, 00:22
What really kills me - Ya work a week to replace a piece of trim (don't take that the wrong way!!) But you can buy a DVD player at Target for $25.
Has the world gone mad??????

cornishmoocher
April 9th, 2008, 01:04
What I paid for my front discs and pads I could have taken a trip to santa Margarita Ligure, stayed in the Lido Palace Hotel for A week And drink a really good Barolo for at least three evenings out.
We must be mad, but hey! If we want cheap- by a bird.

DuckWingDuck
April 9th, 2008, 01:25
mooch - same wife that paid the £100 gas?

cornishmoocher
April 9th, 2008, 07:37
Yeah Duck, but the ashtray doesnt work the TV!

got boost
April 9th, 2008, 13:32
@ $65 for the little flat piece that falls off the rear seat cupholders.

- gorilla glue, priceless

:thumb:

Mockenrue
April 9th, 2008, 15:51
Cornishmoocher - give www.vagparts.com (http://www.vagparts.com) a call on 01793 487700. They'll almost certainly be able to source it for you for less than the stealer price. :thumb:

gjg
April 9th, 2008, 19:49
What I paid for my front discs and pads I could have taken a trip to santa Margarita Ligure, stayed in the Lido Palace Hotel for A week And drink a really good Barolo for at least three evenings out.
We must be mad, but hey! If we want cheap- by a bird.

just currios - stock parts? What was the cost? I'm about to replace my Movit' front rotors and pads, so we can compare .... :harass:

cornishmoocher
April 9th, 2008, 20:29
just currios - stock parts? What was the cost? I'm about to replace my Movit' front rotors and pads, so we can compare .... :harass:

2 sets stock optional Drilled vented disks and pads £1142.00 :cry:
They are shite too, any heat in them and they don't work, need to check my warranty as I feel MTM upgrades coming on over the ecu upgrade. I WILL NOT upgrade the ecu/power and run on these brakes.
Audi have checked them out and say they are fine, but hey, they have not driven the car, so before I go any further their tech is coming on a moocher joy ride!!:MTM:

cornishmoocher
April 9th, 2008, 20:34
Cornishmoocher - give www.vagparts.com (http://www.vagparts.com) a call on 01793 487700. They'll almost certainly be able to source it for you for less than the stealer price. :thumb:

Cheers mate!

I will see how the superglue goes- it has workrd on the waffs hands!:w:

gjg
April 9th, 2008, 22:27

that is all 4 corners or just front axle ?

LU-RS6
April 9th, 2008, 22:30
They are shite too, any heat in them and they don't work, need to check my warranty as I feel MTM upgrades coming on over the ecu upgrade. I WILL NOT upgrade the ecu/power and run on these brakes.
Audi have checked them out and say they are fine, but hey, they have not driven the car, so before I go any further their tech is coming on a moocher joy ride!!:MTM:

The brakes are fine, the heath is the problem. Phaeton ducts might help a tad :thumb:

cornishmoocher
April 10th, 2008, 06:51
The brakes are fine, the heath is the problem. Phaeton ducts might help a tad :thumb:

Cheers for that, someone else ha told me that to, I will look into it.
gig- that was just the front I am afraid! It was all audi fitted tho.