PDA

View Full Version : Question for RS4 owners

victor2vt
April 8th, 2008, 15:44
What other cars did you consider before choosing the RS4 and what was the deciding factor ?

13urt
April 9th, 2008, 15:52
After many hours of deciding which cars that i was seriouisly interested in my shortlist came down to only a few
1. Audi RS4
2. BMW M3
3. BMW M5
4 Porsche 997 Carrera S
5. Roulsh stage 3 Mustang ( Wild card)

The M3 was high on my list, but, for me the new styling of the interior and the back end of the car really doesnt tick all the boxes in the looks department, even though it is a fabulous car it wasnt enough to sway me.
The M5.. Again simular to the M3 but a little too big for the wife to drive, and beacuse of its size it didn't seem as thrilling to drive at high speeds as the Audi or the M3, the SMG tranny is fantastic while on a charge, but a low speeds and around town driving it felt a little disconnected,
The roulsh mustang was really great to drive and sounded fantastic, but the overall build quality wasnt that good and the biggest downfall was that its a left hooker.
I didnt get to drive the 911 as once i had driven the RS4 i didnt feel the need to drive the 911, as it doesnt have the practicallity of the other cars, the main issue being luggage space... even though i still really want one, it will have to be a second car, so that luggage doesnt become an issue.
The RS4 was everything and more than i expexted it to be, has the practicallity of 5 doors, and all the power of the others cars on my list ( exept the M5).. And it was the only car that i really fell in love with on a test drive.

victor2vt
April 9th, 2008, 16:05
13urt,

I agree with everything you say, I would only add that I picked the RS4 as it is a much rarer sight on UK roads than the M3, and I just think it looks fantastic from every angle and the interior/dashboard is much, much better than the M3. IMO

13urt
April 9th, 2008, 17:37
I make you right on that one fella..

even though the new M3 has only been out for a little whille now.. i have seen several in maistone and surrounding areas.. and yet the RS4 has been around for some years now and yet i still have only seen 3 of them in my area. That alone is proof of how rare they are.. Come to think of it, i have only seen 1 B5 RS4 in my area too.. and yet there must be atleast a dozen or more E46 M3's to match.

victor2vt
April 9th, 2008, 17:43
13urt,

Can't do residual values any harm can it !!!

13urt
April 9th, 2008, 17:53
I Just had a look on top marques website..B5 RS4's are still fetching as much as £27K for a 2001 model and is still one on there for £35K for the same model with only 8K miles!! that is a really good residual value.

victor2vt
April 9th, 2008, 18:12
I think the B7 RS4 will become a "classic" if it is not already !!!

ben916
April 9th, 2008, 18:22
5. Roush stage 3 Mustang ( Wild card)

Uh, well, it is an interesting car but kinda chubby and not so great in the rain or snow. As a current owner of a GT stang, the rain is NOT your friend as it is very tail happy from a stop light. I don't know if the Roush has traction control.

I guess in the UK, it would be an attention grabber as a 1970 Charger would be also.

Be warned, the fit and finish on ANY Mustang is far from polished at best. It starts to rattle and fade and fail at the most inconvient time.

Good luck on your decision.

13urt
April 9th, 2008, 18:29
Uh, well, it is an interesting car but kinda chubby and not so great in the rain or snow. As a current owner of a GT stang, the rain is NOT your friend as it is very tail happy from a stop light. I don't know if the Roush has traction control.

I guess in the UK, it would be an attention grabber as a 1970 Charger would be also.

Be warned, the fit and finish on ANY Mustang is far from polished at best. It starts to rattle and fade and fail at the most inconvient time.

Good luck on your decision.

Yeah, i know what ya mean fella... i wasnt too impressed with the overall build quality... Hence why i made the decision to buy the RS4

butcher
April 9th, 2008, 23:09
FOR ME THERE WAS NO OTHER CHOICE, :rs4kiss:
ARE THERE OTHER CARS/SUPERCARS OUT THERE ? :lovl:

In NZ there are plenty of M3, a few M5 and M6,
plenty of Porsche

Audi has had a bumper year in NZ, so lots of late model Audis,
a few R8 and S5 about too.

all the RS4 have sold out only a few demos and imports on the market,
approx price range $125,000 $NZ sedans and $145,000 NZ$ Avant

Only about 3 or 4 RS6 on market still hold a good price over here, approx resale $100,000 $NZ.

A few B5 RS4 are for sale, $60,000 to $75,000 $NZ