PDA

View Full Version : Youngest person to leagally drive an rs4 (17 and only been driving for 6 months)

christofrs4
April 7th, 2008, 22:58
:rs4addict

hi guys Im thinking of getting an rs4, b5 biturbo amd remap and miltek exhaust 440bhp :)

I have had a test drive of a stock 380 bhp

but am i the youngest eprson to leagally drive and rs4?

Benman
April 8th, 2008, 19:28
Not sure of the youngest to drive, but you'll be amoung the very youngest to own.

Please use caution. I was 17 years old once, and I know what I would be doing with a 400hp car at that age... Be safe.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Audifan92
April 8th, 2008, 19:43
Im 16, and I drive a B6 A4 modded.
anyways, hopefully you get it.
and 440 HP is alot!!!

MrBucket
April 8th, 2008, 20:28
Really? What country are you in that got the B5 RS4 that will insure someone so young to drive one?

Ricoloco
April 8th, 2008, 21:07
Buy a cheaper car with less hp to play with in the beginning. Learn how to drive. Then you can go for the real stuff, you got all the time in the world to get cool cars.

christofrs4
April 8th, 2008, 23:50
im driving a corsa 1.0 at the moment and have done for almost a year but i started driving my mums c200 kompressor and i can handle a fast car(i think) a 1.6 feels slow to me hell an sl500 didnt feel that fast to me

fortunatly iam at university in galashiels which is a small twn with next to no violence

heres a link for sum quotes i have had

rs4 is £6700

MrBucket
April 9th, 2008, 01:30
im driving a corsa 1.0 at the moment and have done for almost a year but i started driving my mums c200 kompressor and i can handle a fast car(i think) a 1.6 feels slow to me hell an sl500 didnt feel that fast to me

fortunatly iam at university in galashiels which is a small twn with next to no violence

heres a link for sum quotes i have had

rs4 is £6700

6700 quid a year is just plain stupid. thats nearly $14,000 a year, you could buy a B5 s4 every year for that much.

christofrs4
April 9th, 2008, 01:33
but what im going to do is insure my corsa full compreensive(1600), which includes 3rd prty fire n theft on any vehicle(rs4) and get my dad to insure the rs4 fully comp for 250

6700 on inurance is a ludicrous amount of mone for insurance

ironiclly i cant get insurance for a 4.2 v8 s4 but i can for a 911 turbo and a 2,7 bi turbo rs4

THM
April 9th, 2008, 02:23
from corsa to rs4
and you are 17
dude keep driving corsa :D
and save that money till you 21 and then get b7 rs4 :)
thats what i would do. i would never pay that much for insurance

maybachgt
April 9th, 2008, 04:40
bought mine before my 16th birthday (B7). Before I get all the spoiled comments my dad gave my brother and I $20,000 each when we were 10 to invest for our first car. I got lucky and was able to get my dream first car. My bro get a GMC Denali, still a very cool car. I think the RS4 is a sensible extreme car for a younger driver because you can't get in trouble doing stupid RWD stuff like trying to drift on public streets. Enjoy it in good health. Track days are a must.

christofrs4
April 9th, 2008, 09:58
thank you, i finally found someone that has an rs4 and is very young.
im going to test drive a b7 in the next few days, just to see how they feel.
p.s got any photos of your car?

The RS6
April 9th, 2008, 10:06
Enjoy your cars boys, but remember - or better said - don't forget what happened to that 18 year old M5board member...

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111545

christofrs4
April 9th, 2008, 10:06
the reason why i want an rs4 is because i do a large amount of cross country driving due to where i am at univeristy and i need soemthing that has 4wd gd road holding and has power, really i should buy a range rover or soemthing but come on, the rs4 is safe, comfortable, practical and fast,

christofrs4
April 9th, 2008, 10:13
lets not forget the 18yr old that crashed her porshce 911 into a toll booth
http://images.google.co.uk/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&q=porsche++toll+booth&btnG=Search+Images

CAUTION GRAPHIC IMAGES

Charles DLF
April 9th, 2008, 10:40
we all have stories about young kids driving fast cars, and... crashing (remember the 5 kids in the M5 a couple months ago)

If an sl500 did not feel fast, then you're not up to drive fast cars yet. The good driver is one that feels the speed, the power and the car's potential handling. And then taking all this info into account to drive. Young drivers just can't replace all that knowledge that's been accumulated over the years. So yeah, you can bang on me about alonso and so being F1 champs @ 21, these guys are one of a kind, let's be honest, we're regular people here...

Anyway, it's up to you, i know my son won't drive a 440hp at 17...

EDIT, just so you don't get me wrong: i am not saying you're irresponsable and underaged, I'm just saying, as Benman said, we've all been 18, and we all would have been stupid with 440hp (probably thinking we're in control). If you feel you're grown up enough, mature enough, then i'm just a jealous bastard :P

christofrs4
April 9th, 2008, 13:07
i like to think im mature enough, people think im older than i am, i was one of the youngest people in the uk to fire an sa80 lsw was only 15 and im the youngest person to go to my univerity ws 17 and 3 months wen i went, so y not become one of the youngest rs4 owners, but could also be one of the youngest rs4 owners to be killed......... were all going to die, i could get hit by bus, so i feel i need to live my life liek each days my last

The RS6
April 9th, 2008, 14:44
could also be one of the youngest rs4 owners to be killed......... were all going to die, i could get hit by bus, so i feel i need to live my life liek each days my last

With that kind of attitude...

i like to think im mature enough

You're not...

In Croatia, you can get your licence at 18, but cannot drive a car with more than 75kw(about 100HP) till you're 20...

christofrs4
April 9th, 2008, 14:46
probably a good idea but it dusnt exist in scotland and well, ur only young once

Thrives
April 9th, 2008, 14:49
Ah yes,

Those tough dilemmas in life ... :rolleyes:

In any case, my advice is to keep the Corsa if only because of that ridiculous insurance premium. It does not make sense! As for the young driver issues. Well, I am no expert here but being 23 (got the license at 18) I would say that I can understand what the 'old' lads here are pointing. Also, please be aware that sl500 IS fast and powerful and 440 bhp is not at all for the faint of heart. Hell, your Corsa is fast too if you compare with a bicycle. You see my point?

Anyway, far be it from me to tell you what to do and I am sure you are a skilled driver but you have plenty of time to play and pay with a 440 bhp super car.

This forum by the way is an amazing (non)-reality bubble ... I mean; anything with under 300 bhp is considered a slouch and 21 year olds are cruising around in B7 RS4 ... can I have some of that Kool Aid please? :)

ZeroCool
April 9th, 2008, 14:58
sure - you're only young once - but that don't means that you have to driva a 440hp car with 17 ... take it slow man ;)

start with an A3 140hp (that's enough) - go then up for an S3 for example - and then after 5 - 6 Years with this 2 cars - you can go for an S4/RS4/S5/RS5 or whatever...

Sure - you can also go now for a car like this - but you should really really know what you're doing...these cars are not for everyone - and especially not for people how drove a Corsa - so that's nearly 400hp more which you now will have

i would say also for a driver with a lot of experience is a jump from 300 to 700 (e.g.) not so easy - at the beginning....don't have to talk about a 17 year old guy...

christofrs4
April 9th, 2008, 23:47
im test driving an rs4 b7 on wednesday:) will get a video hopeflly and can show u guys me driving an rs4 with 420 bhp

funky
April 10th, 2008, 20:12
yep, i'm gonna see a story of a 17 year old in 420hp car taking out himself and his buddies.

ps, enjoy the car in good health lol

christofrs4
April 10th, 2008, 23:03
cheers man,

13urt
April 11th, 2008, 06:01
Fair play...
I have always had big power cars... that is after i stopped racing motorbikes, i was only 17 when i had my first Yamaha FZR 600, then went upwards from there, by the time I was 18 i had a brand new GSXR 600, then ZX7R, GSXR750, Honda Fireblade and so on.. My parents were not too happy with it, neither were was my elder brother,as they were all worried about me getting into trouble with such big power bikes... But it didnt do me any harm, jumped straight in the deep end.. best way to learn IMO.. besides, yes you may have an accident, so may any of us, and I also have to add that when im in the RS4 on my own.. maturity goes out the window anyway LOL

Goodluck with your new purchase... Just remember, there is a time and place for driving at high speeds,

christofrs4
April 11th, 2008, 09:32
that is so true, their is a time and place for going fast, unfotrunatly some people do not realise this, just yesterdy i saw a boy racer hatch back wrapped around a lamp post.

i am in the fortunate position where i have a pass plus and i have been taught certain things by police officers, over the summer i am also going to do a course that is run by the police to imporve your driving through an advanced driving test

http://www.rospa.com/drivertraining/courses/advanced_tests/car.htm

tazsura
April 11th, 2008, 10:09
but what im going to do is insure my corsa full compreensive(1600), which includes 3rd prty fire n theft on any vehicle(rs4) and get my dad to insure the rs4 fully comp for 250

6700 on inurance is a ludicrous amount of mone for insurance

ironiclly i cant get insurance for a 4.2 v8 s4 but i can for a 911 turbo and a 2,7 bi turbo rs4

Sorry...if you don't mind me asking...what ins co. are you with? I didn't think any co. would insure 3rd party fire and theft until you are 25 even if you have your own policy?

..and here's another additon to ridiculous quotes...when we picked up the RS4 last year, i was quoted £7300 just to be added as an additonal driver!

I think it's each to their own with regards to handling a lot of power at a young age. I jumped from the 1.6 Leon to the 3.0 A4...and now to the 911. As long as your sensible and don't fall for games that other people want you to play then you should be fine.

Taran :vhmmm:

christofrs4
April 11th, 2008, 10:12
its quin direct, they are based in ireland. they are not the cheapest insuers, but as far as i am aware they are the only company that allo for 3rd party fire and theft on any vehicle for 17 year olds.
3 grand for my 1.0 corsa lol made a mistake 1600 is the cheapest i can get it but quinn direct is 3 grand

tazsura
April 11th, 2008, 12:12
Oh right, will have to check them out, but like you said they ain't cheap. £3G on a corsa is taking the p*ss well and truely.

Also, you have to ask yourself if you're prepared to risk 3rd party on an RS4? God forbid nothing does happen...but parts/labour ain't cheap!

Taran :alig:

christofrs4
April 11th, 2008, 18:08
will keep me on my toes lol

AuditudeA642
April 13th, 2008, 02:23
Im Auditudes son. I drove my dads B7 RS4 for the first time when i was 16 and 4 months. I have a Highly modded A4 2.0T.

christofrs4
April 16th, 2008, 14:12
drove the b7 today, very nice feels alot better built than b5.

but ifelt there was more wind noise, may have been the pirelii p-zeros

attahed is the video:
:rs4addict :wo:
http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=6391708702&FlashViewType=Personal&MemberId=714840537

unfotrunaly only had 5 mins of cam time.

did get the car up to 120mph wen the salesman was looking through the service history lol

Carl Lassiter
April 18th, 2008, 22:36
Nasty wheels. Stock 19"s on the RS4 should not be replaced.

Also, at 17 you should not be driving anything over 200bhp. Just my opinion.