PDA

View Full Version : Question re RS4 Sport button

victor2vt
April 4th, 2008, 19:00
Anyone know if using car in permanent Sport mode uses more fuel ?:cry:

PetrolDave
April 4th, 2008, 19:07
Seeing as how all the power graphs that I've seen show that non-Sport mode produces MORE power (but less than 5bhp difference), but with a less aggressive throttle feel - I do't see there will be much difference. Certainly not enough difference to be worth sacrificing the lovely exhaust sound!

KK265
April 4th, 2008, 21:49
Seeing as how all the power graphs that I've seen show that non-Sport mode produces MORE power (but less than 5bhp difference), but with a less aggressive throttle feel - I do't see there will be much difference. Certainly not enough difference to be worth sacrificing the lovely exhaust sound!
Any power graphs?

AndyBG
April 4th, 2008, 21:59
Any power graphs?

Good question...

13urt
April 5th, 2008, 08:32
Certainly not enough difference to be worth sacrificing the lovely exhaust sound!

my thoughts exactly..

Anyway, whats the point in having a car like the RS4 and worrying about fuel economy.. surely if you are that concerned, you should think about getting a diesel. This fine beast wasnt made for economy and saving the planet lol<!-- / message -->

Tony Lam
April 5th, 2008, 09:19
I'm not worrying about fuel economy anyway.....therefore I guess it should be ok if i turn on the sport mode "all the time".....right??:vhmmm: :confused:

13urt
April 5th, 2008, 09:21
I'm not worrying about fuel economy anyway.....therefore I guess it should be ok if i turn on the sport mode "all the time".....right??:vhmmm: :confused:

Yes sir.. leave the loud button on :revs:

victor2vt
April 5th, 2008, 09:27
Certainly not enough difference to be worth sacrificing the lovely exhaust sound!

my thoughts exactly..

Anyway, whats the point in having a car like the RS4 and worrying about fuel economy.. surely if you are that concerned, you should think about getting a diesel. This fine beast wasnt made for economy and saving the planet lol<!-- / message -->

I'm not saying that i'm "worried" about fuel economy, though it's costing me £120 every week in fuel alone,which is only going to go higher, i'm just "interested" to know if it does.

Tony Lam
April 5th, 2008, 09:31
understood......thank you very much "sir":thumb: !!!!!

13urt
April 5th, 2008, 09:42
Ok guys.. I didnt mean to offend anybody, My comment wasnt aimed at anybody in particular. Sorry if have offended any one.

I only made the comment as many people nowdays are increasingly concerned about fuel economy, and continually complain about the price of fuel, and yet choose to drive high performance cars..

victor2vt
April 5th, 2008, 09:53
No offence taken. The RS4 is, actually, one of the best performance saloons, mpg, you can buy. It wouldn't have mattered if it wasn't. I would still have bought one :cheers:

PetrolDave
April 5th, 2008, 19:30
Any power graphs?
The ones I'm referring to were posted on the RS4 forum on AudiWorld quite a while back (maybe as much as a year ago).

P.S. My start sequence is - key in, ignition on, Sport on, press Start, fit seat belt, drive and enjoy!!! I always use Sport mode.

MrBucket
April 5th, 2008, 20:51
The ones I'm referring to were posted on the RS4 forum on AudiWorld quite a while back (maybe as much as a year ago).

P.S. My start sequence is - key in, ignition on, Sport on, press Start, fit seat belt, drive and enjoy!!! I always use Sport mode.
We get cup holders instead of the start button over here. I think the RS4 start button is sorta stupid because you still have to put the key in and turn it. It just adds an extra step for a gimmick. Now if it let you keep the key in your pocket I'd like that.

13urt
April 6th, 2008, 14:25

Do you find that if you use the S button from cold the car is a little too sensitive on the throttle... sometimes its as if i have filled it up with kangaroo juice lol...

PetrolDave
April 6th, 2008, 16:52
Do you find that if you use the S button from cold the car is a little too sensitive on the throttle... sometimes its as if i have filled it up with kangaroo juice lol...
Can't say I've found it a problem, but since I had the engine ECU SW upgraded from 0050 to 0080 it's noticeably richer on cold starts and sometimes has an "over-choked" feel (for those who can remember cars with carburettors and manual chokes) which can easily turn into kangaroo jumps unless you're used to how to modulate the throttle (I spent my first 15 years driving cars with carburettors and didn't own a fuel injected car until 1988 so I got plenty of practice!).

QuattroFun
April 6th, 2008, 17:03
Yeah, I also always start the car with S button on - but I have de-activated the bucket seat bolster tightening (my bottom is starting to get too generous for this car...):hihi:

victor2vt
April 6th, 2008, 18:24
Yeah, I also always start the car with S button on - but I have de-activated the bucket seat bolster tightening (my bottom is starting to get too generous for this car...):hihi:

Same here, turned it off yesterday !!!