PDA

View Full Version : Just got a new RS4......

Tony Lam
April 3rd, 2008, 15:54
I sold my 04 RS6 for a 07 RS4 (Daytona Grey)today. I have struggled for a long time and finally made up my mind to go for it. Life is short, why not? I have 2 questions. There is an S button on the steering wheel, should i leave this on all the time? Will it consume more gas if it's left on? Second question. If I want to lower the car for 10mm by just changing the springs, what brand should I go for?

I finally become an RS4 guy!! I will post some pictures later.:rs4addict :applause:

13urt
April 3rd, 2008, 18:24
Hello Tony

Congrats on your purchase, The S button on your steering wheel opens the second valve in the exhaust system to give a better sound, it also firms up the seats ( only if you have The bucket seat option) and i also believe it sharpens up the throttle response, however i am not sure if this changes economy.. but IMO leave it on anyway:hahahehe: it sounds way better when your on a charge.:revs:

Not sure about the suspension Questions though, But somebody with more knowledge will be along soon.

krm
April 4th, 2008, 03:14
Congrats Tony.

Enjoy it in good health :applause:

Randy M
April 4th, 2008, 03:20
You made the right choice...! RS models are very rare and the B7 is probably the best RS of them all.

butcher
April 4th, 2008, 08:17
great move, RS4 rules big time. you will never look back. Thats because all the rest will struggle to keep up in the REAL WORLD

victor2vt
April 4th, 2008, 15:51
You won't regret it Tony, if you don't like the lumbar support tightening when you push the Sport :incar: button, you can cancel it through your on board computer info. Take some time to read the instruction booklet.

In Sport mode does it use more fuel ? Good question. May be worth a post of it's own.

ENJOY !!!:rs4kiss:

Tony Lam
April 4th, 2008, 16:15
Thank you everyone for your best wishes and advice. Believe it or not, before I bought it I only tried it in a parking lot and drove around for only about 10km:blush: . Yesterday it's the first time I took it onto the highway. A great experience indeed! Its suspension is softer than RS6's. It's been also awhile since I last drove a manual, almost 2 years ago and it was a Mini Cooper S. Luckily the RS4 is very "driver" friendly:incar: . I believe I will be enjoying it more everyday.

Btw, anybody has any idea about the springs issue?

And is there anyone on this site who is from Hong Kong and is driving an RS4? Would love to share!!

Thanks again for all the kind tips!!!:bow:

JMC
April 5th, 2008, 07:53
Hey Tony, Congrats to your new RS4. I am also from Hong Kong and bought one last Sept. I am enjoying every bit of it....For springs, most of our RS4 friends and myself use H&R. You can see some of our action last month......which was great fun. Come join us in vorsicht hong kong.:rs4addict

http://www.fotop.net/yushin/newrs4 (http://www.fotop.net/yushin/newrs4)

13urt
April 5th, 2008, 09:19
C'mon Tony.. where are the Pics??

Tony Lam
April 5th, 2008, 09:26
of course:doh: !! will have the pictures ready by tomorrow!!:blush: :dig:

fongster
April 5th, 2008, 14:24
not quite HK, but quite a few cars in Singapore :)

Steven Shiu
April 6th, 2008, 03:46
Tony,

Excellent..... enjoy it.

edwin_RS4
April 6th, 2008, 08:52
Hey Joe, nice to read your post in here.

Tony, H&R sports spring should do the job for you.

Hey Tony, Congrats to your new RS4. I am also from Hong Kong and bought one last Sept. I am enjoying every bit of it....For springs, most of our RS4 friends and myself use H&R. You can see some of our action last month......which was great fun. Come join us in vorsicht hong kong.:rs4addict

http://www.fotop.net/yushin/newrs4 (http://www.fotop.net/yushin/newrs4)

Tony Lam
April 6th, 2008, 14:42
Here are the pictures I took today..:)

13urt
April 6th, 2008, 14:46
well done my friend.... looks great, the colour is great too, is that dolphin grey?? My S4 was that colour.. looked fantastic

Tony Lam
April 6th, 2008, 15:00
thanks so much......i guess the colour should be Daytona Grey but i'm not 100% sure!!:noshake:

Tony Lam
April 7th, 2008, 13:49
Edwin & JMC,

Thanks for your info about the springs. Did you have the springs installed in your cars? If yes, how much was the car lowered? Will it affect the warranty? Did it improve the handling? May I also know how much it costs and how long it takes to install?

Where is H&R by the way? Thanks so much!!:bow:

butcher
April 8th, 2008, 01:32
nice color Tony, one of my favorites :rs4kiss:

christofrs4
April 16th, 2008, 21:34
in regards to the discussion about the s button :i was out on a test drive in an audi rs4 today automatically put it into s mode but on a motorway cruise the noise difrence was non existent asd far as i could hear but the bnoise coming from the stock exhausts was trully awsum makes the b5 stock exhaust sound like hairdryesrs lol

MrBucket
April 17th, 2008, 02:34
in regards to the discussion about the s button :i was out on a test drive in an audi rs4 today automatically put it into s mode but on a motorway cruise the noise difrence was non existent asd far as i could hear but the bnoise coming from the stock exhausts was trully awsum makes the b5 stock exhaust sound like hairdryesrs lol
Even with the S button pressed the valves are not always open. They close just above idle and then open up again once you get into the higher revs. They also stay open all the time over like 80mph or so I believe.